Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-01-2011   #1
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Can the Texans avoid 5-7?

If the Texans beat Cleveland this Sunday they will finally break out of the dreaded 5-7 funk that has become Kubiak's trademark and DexmanC's signature. They would have to lose the next 4 games to end up 5-7 after 12 games this year. The next 4 games are:

Cleveland Browns 3-4
@ Tampa Bay 4-3
@Jacksonville 2-6
Atlanta 4-3

All the Texans have to do is win 1 of these 4 games and they will break out of the 4 year 5-7 record. I think the biggest reason for hope is Wade's defense.

The final run of games are:

@Cincinnati 5-2
Carolina 2-6
Indianapolis 0-8
Tennessee 4-3
Philippians 3:14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011   #2
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan
Default Re: Can the Texans avoid 5-7?

I hope so. Frederick Douglas has been staring into my soul for 4 years now.
Old 11-01-2011   #3
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Please, Frederick Douglas, have mercy!
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011   #4
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27592 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

If we aren't able to avoid 5-7 then this will be one pissed off city. With no Rockets this year, and the pitiful AAA squad we had to endure at Minute Maid park, I don't know that this city can take dealing with another loser. I hope the Dynamo do well and all, but I just don't want them continuing to carry the banner for the city as the only winner in town.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #5
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 23440 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
If the Texans beat Cleveland this Sunday they will finally break out of the dreaded 5-7 funk that has become Kubiak's trademark and DexmanC's signature. They would have to lose the next 4 games to end up 5-7 after 12 games this year. The next 4 games are:

Cleveland Browns 3-4
@ Tampa Bay 4-3
@Jacksonville 2-6
Atlanta 4-3

All the Texans have to do is win 1 of these 4 games and they will break out of the 4 year 5-7 record. I think the biggest reason for hope is Wade's defense.

The final run of games are:

@Cincinnati 5-2
Carolina 2-6
Indianapolis 0-8
Tennessee 4-3
All of the 8 remaining games are very winable.
Old 11-02-2011   #6
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4923 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, luckily there are only three games in what is the Texans' most devistating month in its History, November... Going winless in November only gets the boys to 5-6...

The first game after November (in December for those who don't know these sort of things, like calenders n' all) will be at home vs the Dirty Birds of the ATL, yo... Could be the biggest game in Texans history, trying to avoid the big and bad 57... UH oh!

But seriously... I don't see it happening this year...

Sent from my ryePhone 12G using Tapakeg

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #7
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 230377 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

5-7, geez???

Let's try to muster up a little more positive outlook, maybe?
Sponsored links
Old 11-02-2011   #8
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 48491 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I hope so. Frederick Douglas has been staring into my soul for 4 years now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
Please, Frederick Douglas, have mercy!
Frederick Douglas?

I assume I am missing something here....

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #9
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4923 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

From what i remember,
a poster here has Douglas as his avatar, and questions if the Texans will be 5-7 AGAIN in his signature...

Sent from my ryePhone 12G using Tapakeg

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #10
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
Frederick Douglas?

I assume I am missing something here....

DexmanC's avatar.
Old 11-02-2011   #11
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 7520 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
If we aren't able to avoid 5-7 then this will be one pissed off city. With no Rockets this year, and the pitiful AAA squad we had to endure at Minute Maid park, I don't know that this city can take dealing with another loser. I hope the Dynamo do well and all, but I just don't want them continuing to carry the banner for the city as the only winner in town.
Dynamo! Ill be at the game tomorrow
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #12
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 275466 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

They will break the 5-7 curse and annual November slide this year. Wade is our lucky charm!
Old 11-02-2011   #13
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 65389 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
They will break the 5-7 curse and annual November slide this year. Wade is our lucky charm!
This is the only reason I am confident that will we not be 5-7 coming into December.
Old 11-02-2011   #14
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52230 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
DexmanC's avatar.
You tend to not notice some things when people are on ignore, I guess.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #15
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

I want to make my "RIP Dexman C's sig" thread.

I prefer to do it this week...
Old 11-02-2011   #16
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

one week at a time lets just focus on da Browns
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #17
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

If the Texans lose the next 4 games...I'll....I'll....

I don't know what I'd do, but it wouldn't involve puppies or rainbows...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #18
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Can the Texans avoid 5-7?

Not only would we avoid the 5-7, we would for the first time be 3 games above .500. So, history says no, but here's to hoping!

I'll NOT be hungover Sunday, so I'll be able to cheer loud (on defense) without my head feeling like it will explode.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #19
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14

We've never had a good running game AND an above average defense, this will give us our best opportunity to avoid another abysmal November.
Old 11-02-2011   #20
silentassassin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2069 silentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWarren14 View Post
We've never had a good running game AND an above average defense, this will give us our best opportunity to avoid another abysmal November.
Good points. I can't even fathom avoiding 5-7, at least not until it actually happens.
silentassassin is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read