Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-25-2005   #1
Rovator
Veteran

Default Gary Walker

What was his injury in 2003? Was it one of those injuries that requires a year to recover, leading to a slow 2004 season? Or has age finally caught up to him?
Rovator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005   #2
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272958 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovator
What was his injury in 2003? Was it one of those injuries that requires a year to recover, leading to a slow 2004 season? Or has age finally caught up to him?
Walker had a shoulder injury (which always makes me shuddr because I have one and it will never be the same) and he had turf toe in 2003. Turf toe is one of those extremely irritating/debilitating injuries or it is gone. Hopefully this year it is gone and he can aspire to a 2002 type performance.

[disclaimer--hopefully is a hope, not a prediction]
Old 04-25-2005   #3
THEFUTURE
All Pro

im curious to actually what is turf toe... nevermind, got it now

Last edited by THEFUTURE; 04-25-2005 at 11:41 PM.
THEFUTURE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005   #4
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272958 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEFUTURE
im curious to actually what is turf toe
Not a Doc, but from what I understand (so that would be very little) turf toe is an inordinantly painfull condition where pushing off with the toes, in Walker's case trying to get that 1st snap off the ball, is extremely painfull. (t has something to do with the flexors in the foot. Despite how much they may want to play through it, it robs them of their snap. Time is the only thing that can heal it. It is called turf toe as I understand it because it is more prevalant on artificial surfaces than grass, but once you get it, it is a problem period.
Old 04-26-2005   #5
yaboycm
Veteran

It was the lazy fat *** injury. An injury that should have sat him on the sideline and put Marcus Spears in his place. Too bad we have a *COUGH* Genius *COUGH* as our GM.
Old 04-26-2005   #6
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 53446 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEFUTURE
im curious to actually what is turf toe... nevermind, got it now
You get your foot caught in the turf and instead of high ankle sparain or torn ACL, you get a VERY painful toe. Take a 24oz. hammer and hit your big toe, ABOVE the toenail, and try to run on it. Same thing. Toes= big deal. Turf toe=- BIG painful deal. Even though, Walker needs to perform as a starter, become a back up or become another teams headache. Nuff said.
Old 04-26-2005   #7
THEFUTURE
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaboycm
It was the lazy fat *** injury. An injury that should have sat him on the sideline and put Marcus Spears in his place. Too bad we have a *COUGH* Genius *COUGH* as our GM.
are you serious, your sarcasim is ridiculously not funny. casserly has put together some of the best drafts since this teams inception... i dont hear you knockin on Dunta or AJ or David, or Babin, and what those are just first round picks, i think Domanick Davis was a pretty smart pick up in the 4th round... dont sit there and talk about how poor casserly has done, would you rather have the browns GM or the Redskins GM... get real, casserly knows what he is doin
THEFUTURE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-26-2005   #8
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

turf toe is like a sprang toe, and it takes a long time to heal because when people walk/run they generally use there toes to walk and not heels. Moms a doc so i know these things.
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005   #9
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 53446 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTrueFan
turf toe is like a sprang toe, and it takes a long time to heal because when people walk/run they generally use there toes to walk and not heels. Moms a doc so i know these things.
I've HAD turf toe. Hurts like you wouldn't believe. Absolutely no push off on affected foot. Barely able to WALK. Sounds wimpy, but is a serious injury.
Old 04-26-2005   #10
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

yeah it dont sound to be to much fun, i've had a sprang ankle lol, and thats no fun especially when ya still play in the game .
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read