Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-03-2011   #21
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans NFL Stat Standings After 8 Weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Two things stand out from that quote to me.

This is the statistical reflection of the offensive problems we've all seen, but are sometimes unable to quantify. Despite playing a couple "easy" games (whatever passes for easy in the NFL), the red zone woes continue to crop up.

This is why I feel like the defense has been doing its job even when the score at the end of the game shows a lot of points for the opponents. If the defense is getting off the field, the offense then needs to capitalize on that opportunity. In our team's case, they're getting off the field defensively (4th best in NFL), but the offense is not capitalizing on it.

Also, Mario Williams still leads this team in sacks.

The difference between this year and last year so far in the RedZone has been Arian being able to run it in...

This is not a Matt Schaub hate post, but he just hasn't been a great RedZone guy...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011   #22
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 295319 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
The difference between this year and last year so far in the RedZone has been Arian being able to run it in...

This is not a Matt Schaub hate post, but he just hasn't been a great RedZone guy...
I agree, but I extend it to Kubiak's system. Whenever this time gets down to the 5 yard line, I just expect a FG unless Foster gets the ball. If this team had 4 Andre Johnsons on the field simultaneously, I think Kubiak's system would find a way to make them subpar that close to the goal line. At the same time, it's not a good enough system to make any old RB good in tight space. It needs a guy like Foster.
Old 11-03-2011   #23
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30026 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endcoachment View Post
I hate to say it but our lousy red zone offense might be attributed to Mr. Leach being gone.

Last yr was the only yr they were good in the red zone. Besides that, even with leach, the texans have been avg in the money zone.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read