Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-01-2011   #1
BrandonLwowski
Veteran

Rep Power: 54 BrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Jonathan Joseph most underrated free angency pick up in 2011

Check out this article from nfl.com

I have a man crush on JJ...boy can play

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...t_stream:fans:
BrandonLwowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011   #2
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 307979 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jonathan Joseph most underrated free angency pick up in 2011

J.Jo is da man.
Old 11-01-2011   #3
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68808 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

His impact has been unspeakable.

Wish we had Manning the rest of the way. Would love to see how both of them played as Wade's defense ramps up.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011   #4
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Other players on the defense get more pub, but IMO this guy is the defensive MVP.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011   #5
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

He has certainly stopped the bleeding in a huge way
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011   #6
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

We haven't had a receiver really have a good/dominant performance against us this season. Brandon Marshall comes to mind, but one of his big catches was against Joseph, but it was perfect coverage, and then on one he made Allen his b*tch, but nothing else i can think of.
Old 11-01-2011   #7
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
His impact has been unspeakable.
Well, I speak about it anyway. Joseph is playing at a level that only Revis has surpassed. Flat out, Joseph has been better than Nnamdi. The greatest free agent acquisition in Houston Texan history. OK, it was a low bar to jump over. But, the bar is set very high now.
Old 11-01-2011   #8
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68808 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Well, I speak about it anyway. Joseph is playing at a level that only Revis has surpassed. Flat out, Joseph has been better than Nnamdi. The greatest free agent acquisition in Houston Texan history. OK, it was a low bar to jump over. But, the bar is set very high now.
Definitely.
Old 11-01-2011   #9
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111966 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah, he is definitely the best FA in Houston Texans history. The question is though who would be #2?? Lol!!
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011   #10
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Well....Foster was an UNDRAFTED free agent....

I know, not the same, lol.
Old 11-01-2011   #11
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

YUP!! 1560 Has plenty of Yahoo Sports guys on (Duh, YahooSportsRadio is 1560), but many of them have stated that it was either something like the "most underrated FA signing" and I've even heard "The 'BEST' FA acquisition signing".
Old 11-01-2011   #12
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Yeah, he is definitely the best FA in Houston Texans history. The question is though who would be #2?? Lol!!
Antonio Smith, off the top of my head.
Old 11-01-2011   #13
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Same here!

Although, Rackers should be mentioned. Oh, nevermind... Kickers aren't players. *dripping in *
Old 11-01-2011   #14
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111966 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah, when I asked the question he was the only guy that stuck out in my mind. No one else really did. I'd have to say Smith as well.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011   #15
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll admit I was disappointed the Texans didn't get Asomugha, but Joseph was a brilliant signing.

Houston has a shutdown corner!
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011   #16
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

I was talking to my buddy the other day (DC_TxTech) and he asked me if we could swap for Nnamdi right now at this moment and money was not a factor, would I do it.

I thought about it for a second and I said confidently, "No". The reason being is J-Jo has played and surpassed every expectation that we had. He is finally our lockdown corner that helps us wreak havoc on QB's.

Im not discounting Nnamdi's ability in any way, even though he's had some trouble adjusting to a new defensive scheme. Im saying that we know what we have in J-Jo and he has not disappointed in any facet of his game.

The dude is legit and should be recognized among the top CB's in the game at this point.
Old 11-01-2011   #17
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

I probably wouldnt just for age purposes. But for play, as amazing as Joseph's been, Nnamdi is still a better player overall.
Old 11-01-2011   #18
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
I probably wouldnt just for age purposes. But for play, as amazing as Joseph's been, Nnamdi is still a better player overall.
Yeah but would you take the chance in hoping Nnamdi gels in our system even knowing how phenomenal JJ has been playing?

Kind of the old addage (sp.), "a bird the hand is better than two in the bush".
Old 11-01-2011   #19
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Antonio or wade smith.

Antonio most likely but considering the contract and the productivity of wade I could see a good case being made. Wade has been a good steady starter.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011   #20
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik4u View Post
Yeah but would you take the chance in hoping Nnamdi gels in our system even knowing how phenomenal JJ has been playing?

Kind of the old addage (sp.), "a bird the hand is better than two in the bush".
Eh, yeah, I dunno. I'm sure Nnamdi would be fine in our system, and will be fine in the Eagles' system.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read