Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-01-2011   #21
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 101015 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: D.Brown Getting Dirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Actually Duane was asked about it this, this morning on 1560 the Game and he said that Jaguar pushed him in the back as he was getting up. He threw his arm to catch his balance. If you watch again, pay close attention to the Jagoff behind D Brown.
That's the PC thing for D Brown to say, but it looks like a punch to me, and my homer eyes think it looks like a retaliation-type punch.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011   #22
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
That's the PC thing for D Brown to say, but it looks like a punch to me, and my homer eyes think it looks like a retaliation-type punch.
Dude, if that was a punch D Brown better find a new line of work. One that might entail becoming, say a designer? A florist?
Old 11-01-2011   #23
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 114345 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

if he was going to throw a punch he wouldnt be getting up, he'd be throwing a punch. i'm with duane's explanation, it looked like he was getting up and got pushed back down - and put his arm out to catch himself. he probably did add a little extra in retaliation, but the jags can blame their own for that particular outcome.
Old 11-01-2011   #24
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 269943 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I don't know, kinda looks like a punch from that video.

Yeah, he punched him. Without context it's impossible to be able to say for certain what that punch means but it was definitely a punch.

And most everyone here is right. It wasn't much of a punch. Just a little tap to let the guy know Brown was paying attention I suspect.
Old 11-01-2011   #25
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34649 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

PK's take on this over at ESPN.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/pos...rse-than-punch

Guess you can't guess the spin of this before reading it.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011   #26
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
PK's take on this over at ESPN.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/pos...rse-than-punch

Cuase you can't guess the spin of this before reading it.
PK is douche! Always has been, always will be. Let him know as much on twitter.
Old 11-01-2011   #27
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I hate seeing stuff like this from the Texans, I expect it from teams like the Jets, but not the Texans. I know it's football and all, but throwing a punch during a game is just asinine as it can get you kicked out and hurt the team. Do you really want to lose our LT for the rest of the game because he wanted to jab a guy after giving up a fumble? I don't. Make your statement with your play, crap like this is petty and stupid. I hope he gets fined because we all know Kubiak won't do anything about this. If Brown got ejected for that, he could have cost us the game. Stupid stupid stupid.
Old 11-01-2011   #28
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

If he would've thrown a punch, the guy with the black and white stripes standing relatively close would've thrown some laundry.

It's one of thems there optical delusions.
Old 11-01-2011   #29
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I hate seeing stuff like this from the Texans, I expect it from teams like the Jets, but not the Texans. I know it's football and all, but throwing a punch during a game is just asinine as it can get you kicked out and hurt the team. Do you really want to lose our LT for the rest of the game because he wanted to jab a guy after giving up a fumble? I don't. Make your statement with your play, crap like this is petty and stupid. I hope he gets fined because we all know Kubiak won't do anything about this. If Brown got ejected for that, he could have cost us the game. Stupid stupid stupid.
I agree. Brown will have to answer for this though, for sure. The O-linemen have an ongoing thing amongst themselves that if any of them gets singled out, said player has to pay a fine. Their thinking is that they're a single unit and should not be identified individually. If you do something like holding, or personal foul, or get called out publicly.... you pay the fine. Certainly that isn't going to be a huge wallet killer for Brown but the point is that it isn't just going to go unnoticed. I also think Kubiak or Benton will definitely have a talk with him since this has become so apparent. Like you said, it could have had a huge impact on this game... or future games.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011   #30
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 33937 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

It was cross between a shove and a punch. If the Glitter Kitty was standing it would have been a shove. Players push down on players getting up all the time, Brown just had further to go. Was it called for, not really, but it happens 50 times a game every weekend. This isn't exactly a Zapruder Film, if you went in to the NFL Films vault, I sure I could find just as many Jags doing something along the same lines last Sunday.

Hey Jags STFU, you suck this year, accept it, Houston has suffered through it for years. Bieng little whiney b*tches doesn't make it any easier to live with. You can still root for the Los Angeles Jaguars in a couple of years.

Whats the Jacksonville mascot? A Jaguar you say, nope it's a tarp.......
Old 11-01-2011   #31
Naiirb
All Pro

Rep Power: 2725 Naiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
AJ says: I WILL END YOU!
Off topic but after seeing your sig it makes me really miss Leach. I love how after throwing up the TD signal he runs to #25 from the Cardinals and stares him down haha
Naiirb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011   #32
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 148026 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You need to watch the replay before casting your stones, Dutch, all due respect. No way that was a punch, especially a punch with intentions behind it. If is was, I'm taking his lunch money tomorrow.
Old 11-01-2011   #33
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68808 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

That's bitchmade by Brown. Doesn't matter. Can't do that. Jacksoffville guy was holding him back and he may have just been trying to shake him off...but I dunno.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011   #34
Endcoachment
Rookie

Rep Power: 102 Endcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respected

Honestly the punch looks weak, kind of like the punch you give a friend for whooping your ass in a video game. Dude had a good pick up, and duane was dissapointed in his effort but kind of giving the guy a punch like 'damnit man! but good play anyway'. Real PUNCHES go THROUGH someone. Duane never followed through with the punch, you can tell by the way he snaps his fist back up, kind of like a friendly judo chop. If he was angry his fist would have stayed through the players abdomen without snapping back.

Another anology would be karate. When you 1uped your opponent and have the final strike, they do a fake punch to signify that they have won. Furthermore if it was a real punch the guy wouldnt have gotten up. Folks in the NFL get prissy over shoves, what makes you guys think this was a real punch? If it was the guy wouldnt have been a good sport about it.
Endcoachment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011   #35
Texaninlild
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4558 Texaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Texaninlild

Session didn't really react like it was a punch. Session just hopped up and went on.

D Brown got into it with the guy who pushed him but that was edited out.

I am a Christian

Philippians 4:13
Texaninlild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011   #36
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 16087 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

One of the comments mentioned that the "punch" was with his left hand. Brown is right handed.

What I saw was Brown getting up, a Jags defender grabbing at Brown's arm, and Brown doing the "get the ******* off of me" arm movement. Which looks like a punch when it connects with someone at your feet.
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011   #37
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 56294 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
kinda looks like a punch from that video.
Looks like a love tap to me.
Old 11-01-2011   #38
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
You need to watch the replay before casting your stones, Dutch, all due respect. No way that was a punch, especially a punch with intentions behind it. If is was, I'm taking his lunch money tomorrow.
I can see the Jax guy clearly grabbing his left arm, but even if it was just a breakaway move from the guy holding his arm, the movement doesn't match the description. Easily could have been a personal foul, possibly an ejection if the refs were looking to issue one. It looks like an intentional jab to me.
Old 11-01-2011   #39
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14

Just watched the full play on NFL Replay, calling it a punch is pretty out of context.

Schaub gets tackled, fumbles, Duane Brown goes to make the tackle on the return, makes the tackle, is getting up and then #69 reaches to pull him up by his left arm, when Duane pulls away he comes down on Session.

I don't see any intent on a punch, nobody on the Jags team was any bit angry in the heat of the moment, there were 2 refs in the vicinity with no flag thrown or any separation or anything. I would think if Duane had an intent to punch Session he wouldn't have turned around so quick to get at #69.

It's clear that Duane was already on his way to his feet when #69 came over and was pulling him up, he shrugged him off and accidentally made contact with Sessions.

Whole thing is getting overblown
Old 11-02-2011   #40
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34613 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

The video looks worse than it actually is. The best telling sign is that Session didn't retaliate at all! Who would get punched in the gut, and just get back up as if nothing happened?
dream_team is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read