Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: WILL THE TEXANS BE 7-3?
Yes, definitely 16 19.28%
Strongly possible 61 73.49%
Not Likely 5 6.02%
No 1 1.20%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-08-2011   #61
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 286663 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Will the Texans be 7-3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
The Buc's aren't that great, a middle of the pack team really. I expect us to win by 10.
So are the Raiders.
Old 11-08-2011   #62
Calface4
inthisforlife

Rep Power: 0 Calface4 is a quality contributor and well respectedCalface4 is a quality contributor and well respectedCalface4 is a quality contributor and well respectedCalface4 is a quality contributor and well respectedCalface4 is a quality contributor and well respectedCalface4 is a quality contributor and well respectedCalface4 is a quality contributor and well respectedCalface4 is a quality contributor and well respectedCalface4 is a quality contributor and well respectedCalface4 is a quality contributor and well respectedCalface4 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
So are the Raiders.
I prefer to believe that we lost to the Raiders because they were inspired by Al Davis' death not because they outplayed us. They are a mid-pack team and on any other week we could have won that game. Call me stubborn but I'm sticking to it.
Calface4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011   #63
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 286663 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calface4 View Post
I prefer to believe that we lost to the Raiders because they were inspired by Al Davis' death not because they outplayed us. They are a mid-pack team and on any other week we could have won that game. Call me stubborn but I'm sticking to it.
The Raiders played a good game, but the Texans blew it. I don't want to take anything away from the Raiders, because they took advantage of the mistakes. That's what you're supposed to do. That is the aspect of the Texans that keeps me from buying that they're going to be a playoff contender.

What I mean by "playoff contender" is not that they'll contend for the playoffs. I think the demise of the Colts cleared any serious obstacle for that. What I mean is: will they contend IN the playoffs? So far, they've played three playoff-caliber teams in the Saints, Steelers, and Ravens. They're 1-2 in those games. The Falcons are a playoff-caliber team, the Bengals are showing that they might be, and the Bucs were last year, and the Texans play at their place.

Win 2 of 3 and that makes them 3-3 against the 6 toughest games on the schedule, which lends credence to the idea that they can compete once they're in the playoffs. Because honestly, beating the Steelers a second time doesn't sound too appealing. Playing the Ravens in the playoffs would be very tough. The Jets seem to have our number. The Pats are always tough, despite their defensive woes. The Texans have not played a very tough schedule to date, so it would be nice to see some quality wins as an indicator for the playoffs. I know, wins are wins, but there is a lot to be learned from how a team plays.
Old 11-08-2011   #64
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So are the Raiders.
The defense shut down McFadden, Campbell was only somewhat effective. If not for Janikowski, we win that game, but he hit 3 really long FGs. Certainly could have gone our way, but things didn't and we lost by 5.

I do think that the Bucs are a much worse team than the Texans. Their losses have mostly come at the hands of strong defenses like the Bears, 49ers and Lions. The Saints held them to 16 points at the Superdome this week, a team that we scored 33 points on in week 3.

So far this year the Tampa Bay offense has not put up more than 26 points in one game, averaging just 18.4 points per game 24th overall. The Texans offense is averaging 26.2 ppg which is good for 6th best in the league. The Buc's D is allowing 24.5 ppg - 23rd overall, and the Texans allow 17.4 ppg 3rd overall.

I'd say we match up well against them as they allow 132.4 rush yards per game, but really their defense is just crap overall and our offense is great. So yeah, 10 point win should be about right IMO.
Old 11-08-2011   #65
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 345471 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Shouldve put a cut off date on the poll...Voting now is just cheating...
I have to admit, I didn't see the thread when you originally put it up. So I just voted thinking it was a new thread asking if we thought we were going to beat the Buccs.

Sorry.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011   #66
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I have to admit, I didn't see the thread when you originally put it up. So I just voted thinking it was a new thread asking if we thought we were going to beat the Buccs.

Sorry.
Na, it's all good...

Most people probably figured the Browns as somewhat of a gimme anyways...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011   #67
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the TB game could be a tough one. They're a good team and it's at their house.

The Bengals seem good, but I'm not completely sold on them yet. The good news for us is that they have 4 straight division games before we go there. 2 against the Steelers and then one each between the Browns and Ravens. @ PIT the weekend before we go to Cincy.

For what its worth: Of our 3 losses, 2 were away and 1 was home. Oakland was actually a pretty solid team when we played them, I thought, though we still should have won. For our away opponents? New Orleans and Baltimore are a combined 8-0 at home so far this season.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard

Last edited by Ole Miss Texan; 11-09-2011 at 07:57 AM.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-08-2011   #68
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
The defense shut down McFadden, Campbell was only somewhat effective. If not for Janikowski, we win that game, but he hit 3 really long FGs. Certainly could have gone our way, but things didn't and we lost by 5.
Yeah , the Raiders special teams were the difference - three 50+ yard FG's and ..... that damn fake punt which was the turning point of the game.

Add in the missed FG by Rackers and rather than needing a TD to win a FG would have been enough .... they had the ball on the 5 yard line with 7 seconds to go and the clock stopped. Thats a chip shot.

And who can forget the drop by Vickers which should have been 6 points.

I think TB is a decent team and shouldnt be overlooked or under estimated. They did win 10 games last year even if those wins came against a majority of sub .500 teams.

Playing this one on the road .... its gonna be a tough game to win.

The fact that they give up a lot of yards on the ground is a plus .... but so did the Raiders going into that game.

I think they can win it .... but I dont think I could make them the favorite if I were to put money on it.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011   #69
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

After comparing the two teams "on paper", we should win. However, knowing our history and struggles on the road...who friggin knows?!

BTW, they've lost Gerald McCoy for the year again with a torn biceps. They have Okam who's turned out to be a decent addition to their team.
Old 11-08-2011   #70
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Yeah , the Raiders special teams were the difference - three 50+ yard FG's and ..... that damn fake punt which was the turning point of the game.

Add in the missed FG by Rackers and rather than needing a TD to win a FG would have been enough .... they had the ball on the 5 yard line with 7 seconds to go and the clock stopped. Thats a chip shot.

And who can forget the drop by Vickers which should have been 6 points.

I think TB is a decent team and shouldnt be overlooked or under estimated. They did win 10 games last year even if those wins came against a majority of sub .500 teams.

Playing this one on the road .... its gonna be a tough game to win.

The fact that they give up a lot of yards on the ground is a plus .... but so did the Raiders going into that game.

I think they can win it .... but I dont think I could make them the favorite if I were to put money on it.

Yeah...Lots of stuff went wrong for us/right for them...

Makes one think we were never supposed to win that game no matter how much we think we should have...

Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011   #71
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
The Raiders played a good game, but the Texans blew it. I don't want to take anything away from the Raiders, because they took advantage of the mistakes. That's what you're supposed to do. That is the aspect of the Texans that keeps me from buying that they're going to be a playoff contender.
I agree, the Raiders played a good game. Take nothing away from them. But the Texans did not play their best game. Losing Mario in the first Qtr.... losing Casey may have something to do with it.. maybe Kubiak featured Casey heavily in the game plan & was lost when he left (can't imagine that)....

But the Texans didn't play their best game.
Quote:
Win 2 of 3 and that makes them 3-3 against the 6 toughest games on the schedule, which lends credence to the idea that they can compete once they're in the playoffs. Because honestly, beating the Steelers a second time doesn't sound too appealing. Playing the Ravens in the playoffs would be very tough. The Jets seem to have our number. The Pats are always tough, despite their defensive woes. The Texans have not played a very tough schedule to date, so it would be nice to see some quality wins as an indicator for the playoffs. I know, wins are wins, but there is a lot to be learned from how a team plays.
I agree with this more or less. We need some quality wins.

Pittsburgh wasn't playing at the level they are playing now. I wouldn't want to see them again. Baltimore.... I think we had that game, I think we should have won it... but like the Oakland game, we didn't adjust to what was happening well enough that we didn't play well enough.

Not taking anything from the Ravens, but I thought we didn't play as well as we can. They would be lucky not to see us in the play-offs.
Old 11-08-2011   #72
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25247 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

The only thing I worry about are the Bucs are sliding. Their coach is a emotional fiery guy...he's going to get the best effort out of them this week and they will be at home...

Otherwise Texans should run all over this team. If McFadden and Rice had some problems running on this defense than Blount will struggle.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011   #73
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

What I mean by "playoff contender" is not that they'll contend for the playoffs. I think the demise of the Colts cleared any serious obstacle for that. What I mean is: will they contend IN the playoffs? So far, they've played three playoff-caliber teams in the Saints, Steelers, and Ravens. They're 1-2 in those games. The Falcons are a playoff-caliber team, the Bengals are showing that they might be, and the Bucs were last year, and the Texans play at their place.

we almost beat New orleans in da superdome does almost count
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read