Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: WILL THE TEXANS BE 7-3?
Yes, definitely 16 19.28%
Strongly possible 61 73.49%
Not Likely 5 6.02%
No 1 1.20%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-01-2011   #41
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 313912 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Will the Texans be 7-3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Like I give a shit about past November records.

Wade Phillips is the ****ing man.
QFT. Wade's D wasn't here in 2010 and before, so I don't find those trends to be of any concern.

The Texans are 3-0 in the AFC South. When has that ever happened? The defense is top 5 and we've got guys making plays. I see no reason to pull the rug on them when they are in control of their own destiny.

This is what being a fan is all about, so I'm not going to rain on my own parade.
Old 11-01-2011   #42
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Well, if I bet the odds, I have to bet against 7-3, so I voted "Not Likely". I can hope, though.
I hear what you are saying, & not trying to argue. Just wanted a place to drop the line...

Vegas has the Texans by 11 right now.

So if that holds & we beat Cleveland, you're betting that we lose to Tampa on the Road & Jacksonville on the road.

I can see that.
Old 11-01-2011   #43
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 239970 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Like I give a shit about past November records.

Wade Phillips is the ****ing man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
QFT. Wade's D wasn't here in 2010 and before, so I don't find those trends to be of any concern.

The Texans are 3-0 in the AFC South. When has that ever happened? The defense is top 5 and we've got guys making plays. I see no reason to pull the rug on them when they are in control of their own destiny.

This is what being a fan is all about, so I'm not going to rain on my own parade.
Wade Phillips is not the one I'm concerned about.
Old 11-01-2011   #44
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 239970 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I hear what you are saying, & not trying to argue. Just wanted a place to drop the line...

Vegas has the Texans by 11 right now.

So if that holds & we beat Cleveland, you're betting that we lose to Tampa on the Road & Jacksonville on the road.

I can see that.
I'm just saying that this team is capable of playing games that make you say wow ..... both good and bad. Under Kubiak, if this team were a QB, they'd be Wrecks Grossman.
Old 11-01-2011   #45
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 24274 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

There is not a game on the schedule that the Texans should lose.

But there are a lot that the Texans could lose.
Old 11-01-2011   #46
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

If you take that into consideration.

& recognize what is going on offensively, Matt playing within himself, & everyone on offense making a play every now & then.... JJ, KDub, OD(x10), Dressen, Arian(x100), Tate, Wade Smith (with the TD), Brown out in space...

Then Aj is still to come back.

I started saving up for a play-off tickets about 3 weeks ago. Now, I've got to consider the possibility of 3 games..

DAMN!!
Old 11-01-2011   #47
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Good point.

Before the season started, I said injuries shouldn't be able to save Kubiak's job. I still feel that way, but this is getting ridiculous.
Kubiaks had a long enough leash already, it has to be a case of him either getting it done come what may this year or losing his job.

And as much as that may sound negative, I sure as hell hope that 1) Bob McNair feels the same way & 2) That leads to Kubiak still having a job next season.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-01-2011   #48
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 313912 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Wade Phillips is not the one I'm concerned about.
I agree completely. I'm just hoping to hope because I'm burnt out from being so cynical by this groundhog day franchise.

Being optimistic might bite me on the ass, but I'll cross that bridge if/when I come to it. Hopefully, Gary's 6th year yields some net gains in 'lessons learned', and balanced out with Wade's influence, knowledge, and defense, I guess I'm just hoping that this is finally The Year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grams View Post
There is not a game on the schedule that the Texans should lose.

But there are a lot that the Texans could lose.
Yep, very well said. It's a balancing act, to be sure, but I figure what the heck. AJ needs to see a playoff game in his career, so why not take the leap and hope this year is his first of many.

Quote:
If you take that into consideration.

& recognize what is going on offensively, Matt playing within himself, & everyone on offense making a play every now & then.... JJ, KDub, OD(x10), Dressen, Arian(x100), Tate, Wade Smith (with the TD), Brown out in space...

Then Aj is still to come back.

I started saving up for a play-off tickets about 3 weeks ago. Now, I've got to consider the possibility of 3 games..

DAMN!!
lol! I can dig it. I honestly think the Texans could make some noise in the playoffs if our defense continues to trend on it's current course. Playoffs are where great defenses can make all the difference, and I'm really excited about the way these guys are getting after it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh texan View Post
Kubiaks had a long enough leash already, it has to be a case of him either getting it done come what may this year or losing his job.

And as much as that may sound negative, I sure as hell hope that 1) Bob McNair feels the same way & 2) That leads to Kubiak still having a job next season.
I've given up on trying to figure out McNair. I figure Kubiak will be here for awhile, so I'm not going to rant and rave about it. It defies logic and McNair's undying loyalty is beyond most of our comprehension skills.

But, hopefully McNair proves to be right in the long run for all of our sakes.
Old 11-01-2011   #49
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
I've given up on trying to figure out McNair. I figure Kubiak will be here for awhile, so I'm not going to rant and rave about it. It defies logic and McNair's undying loyalty is beyond most of our comprehension skills.

But, hopefully McNair proves to be right in the long run for all of our sakes.
If I'm McNair, I'm thinking:
  1. I tried an experienced head coach & GM.... that got me 2-14
  2. I tried an inexperienced head coach & inexperienced GM.. that got me 6-10
  3. I'm going to do this shix myself... hire me a DC.. then go from there.... Championship!!
Old 11-01-2011   #50
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by robroy72 View Post
Going into tampa is the toughest game out of the remaining schedule, IMHO. If we win that, I'll be very impressed.
i dont really agree with that. curtis painter and the colts nearly went in there and won on a MNF game (i.e. not a game the bucs would sleep through). we complain about the texans being a 1 half team sometimes but the bucs are a 1 quarter team that only come alive if they're still within reach in the 4th q
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011   #51
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

If the Texans can win this game I will be officially sold on them. I feel pretty good about the team right now, but this will put me over the top...

Going on the road against a tough opponent after pretty much walking through a win this past week will take a switching of the mindset. If the Texans can hit that switch and take care of business it will speak volumes as to how far this team has come IMO.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011   #52
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

If they win this game, then once and for all I'm all-in with them. If they don't, then it's just going to confirm my suspicion that the Texans are a mediocre team with a winning-record because they lucked into a real easy schedule in 2011.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011   #53
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I have officially been sold on the Texans this year now, at this stage I'm struggling to see who they're going to lose to, I believe the Bengals are the best team left on the schedule myself but still expect them to beat them.

Personally, I don't see a single team aside from maybe Green Bay that I wouldn't expect them to beat on their day right now.

God this is gonna hurt if they let me down again.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011   #54
FR0497
Rookie

Rep Power: 269 FR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh texan View Post
I have officially been sold on the Texans this year now, at this stage I'm struggling to see who they're going to lose to, I believe the Bengals are the best team left on the schedule myself but still expect them to beat them.

Personally, I don't see a single team aside from maybe Green Bay that I wouldn't expect them to beat on their day right now.

God this is gonna hurt if they let me down again.
Agree, playing Cincy @ their house looks to be the toughest game left. Cam Newton also worries me a bit.
FR0497 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011   #55
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Shouldve put a cut off date on the poll...Voting now is just cheating...
Old 11-08-2011   #56
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Shouldve put a cut off date on the poll...Voting now is just cheating...
There's still a chance we do not go 7-3

edit: But boy, talking to Bucs fans, you'd almost think it's an impossibility.
Old 11-08-2011   #57
eriadoc
Texan-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
If the Texans can win this game I will be officially sold on them. I feel pretty good about the team right now, but this will put me over the top...

Going on the road against a tough opponent after pretty much walking through a win this past week will take a switching of the mindset. If the Texans can hit that switch and take care of business it will speak volumes as to how far this team has come IMO.
If they win 2 of 3 in the TB, ATL, and CIN games, I'll be sold. I reserve the right to *****, moan, groan, gripe and/or complain about that one loss, though.
Old 11-08-2011   #58
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
There's still a chance we do not go 7-3
Yeah I know...I was half joking....
Old 11-08-2011   #59
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
If they win 2 of 3 in the TB, ATL, and CIN games, I'll be sold. I reserve the right to *****, moan, groan, gripe and/or complain about that one loss, though.
That would put us at 8-4 right?

Yeah...That'd be pretty sweet too...

9-3 would be even better though........
Old 11-08-2011   #60
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

The Buc's aren't that great, a middle of the pack team really. I expect us to win by 10.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read