Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Will the Texans be 7-3?

WILL THE TEXANS BE 7-3?

• Total voters

Rey

Wouldn't that be a nice looking record heading into the last six games?

7-3... 7-3It's almost hard for me to imagine. 7-3:spin:

I'm a little nervous about both of these games coming up....If either of these teams play well they will be tough outs.

Especially Tampa, in Tampa.

If we can win these next two games and end up 7-3 I will be convinced.

I'm predicting 8-3 heading into the Atlanta game. The Tampa game will be tough, but I think we can win it if we take care of the ball.

Honestly, I think we'll be 6-4 at the break. But if we are 7-3, I'll have to start mixing more of the koolaid in my Sunday coffee.

If we can win these next two games and end up 7-3 I will be convinced.

We are 5-3 right now.

If we win the next two games you're going to be convinced that we could be 7-3?

That's really sticking it out there Rey.

We are 5-3 right now.

If we win the next two games you're going to be convinced that we could be 7-3?

That's really sticking it out there Rey.

What I'm saying is that if we can win the next two games (one at home and one away) against two good opponents that will be 4 wins in a row....

If we can beat Cleveland at home this weekend and then remain focused and determined enough to go into Tampa and beat the Bucs I will be convinced that this team is ready to make make some noise in the play-offs this year and in the future...

Right now, I'm kind of skeptical about when the 'Bad Texans' will show up...

Put it like this...If we can win the next two I will feel more comfortable heading into games from there on out...

What I'm saying is that if we can win the next two games (one at home and one away) against two good opponents that will be 4 wins in a row....

If we can beat Cleveland at home this weekend and then remain focused and determined enough to go into Tampa and beat the Bucs I will be convinced that this team is ready to make make some noise in the play-offs this year and in the future...

Put it like this...If we can win the next two I will feel more comfortable heading into games from there on out...

Thankfully, halfway through the season the we haven't had a true "Bad Texans" moment where we get demolished for the entire game. Last year against the Cowboys and Giants was embarrassing.

i would never say definitely when it comes to wins for any NFL team this season. I put strong possibility because our schedule is getting softer and Dre should be back soon.

Just having a little fun. :kitten:

i would never say definitely when it comes to wins for any NFL team this season. I put strong possibility because our schedule is getting softer and Dre should be back soon.

I voted "strong possibility" as well. There is no doubt in my mind this club will play well in the AFC Championship game this year. I've been thinking that all year.. (That's been my expectation for this team the last 3 years)

Still, after the Oakland game, I threw out making predictions, anticipating scores, or marking up W-Ls before the games.

I have no idea if we're going to finish 9-7 or 13-3, but I'm pretty sure we're going to win the division. I don't know how we're going to get there, & from that stand point I'm just going to enjoy the ride.

This team always finds a way to spit the bit.

7-3, only a slim chance.

I see another raiders-type game coming.

TJ

I voted strongly possible, the team should definitely win the next two games, I'll be dissappointed if they don't.

The thing is that we have now hit November and that is the Texans' cursed month, what is our November record under Kubiak? All I know is that its really bad.

As for the previous statement that we've yet to see the 'bad' Texans for an entire game, that is true, but we've definitely seen the 'bad' Texans for periods throughout games, never long enough to leave us completely out of the running, but they've sure shown themselves on a number of occassions.

The one positive from that is whereas for the last few years, if the D was having a good game, they were simply able to slow the opposition down a little, and it was always up to the O to keep us in the race (and when they failed it was all over) Now, we have a D that has the ability to completely shut down the opposing O until our own gets its act together and puts points on the board.

That gives me hope.

Going into tampa is the toughest game out of the remaining schedule, IMHO. If we win that, I'll be very impressed.

This team always finds a way to spit the bit.

7-3, only a slim chance.

I see another raiders-type game coming.

TJ
I really feel for you mate, if you honestly feel that bad about this team, why do you bother? I hope you are a WUM because it would be massochistic of you to actually care about this team given your negative outlook.

Going into tampa is the toughest game out of the remaining schedule, IMHO. If we win that, I'll be very impressed.

@Tampa
vs Atlanta
@Cincinnati

three remaining games on our schedule with winning records.

@Jacksonville
vs Carolina
vs Tennessee

These games can go either way.

Cleveland
Indy

Are probably the only "real" "should win" games.

10-6, win the division and be competitive in the
first playoff game -- that's what I expect and would
consider a good season.

specially with all of the defensive injuries.

TJ

So other than that, you think this team should win out the rest of the season?

How many 4 game win streaks do the Texans have in
their history?

TJ

I really feel for you mate, if you honestly feel that bad about this team, why do you bother? I hope you are a WUM because it would be massochistic of you to actually care about this team given your negative outlook.

the only way we beat tampa is if AJ is suited UP

BUTTT !!!! what i would do is Suit AJ up fro the tampa game but dont play him only play him if we need him like in the 4th qtr or something

Then, historically, there is a 20% chance of it happening.

Now ask the question, when have they done it when it
actually meant something in terms of a playoff appearance?

If they do it this year, now that it matters, then they have
shown me something.

I'm certainly not putting any money on it - and will just
be pleasantly surprised if it happens.

TJ

Twice. 2008 mid season. 2009 last four.

Perhaps, but only if they first concentrate on being 6-3.
^^^^
This.
Don't count yer chickens and all that ya know...

For the record, I voted "Not Likely"...
Why?
1) Because Cleveland is a classic trap game. They don't have much on offense, especially if Hillis is still out. But they DO have Josh Cribbs. And it wouldn't be too crazy for Colt McCoy to get lucky and have a career day against our secondary. Okay maybe that would be crazy.

2) if "Good" Tampa shows up we'll have our hands full. They have a very mobile QB and a decent defense. If "Bad" Josh Freeman shows up and turns the ball over multiple times, we probably win.

Anyway, let's get by the Browns before we start worrying about the Buccs.

Last edited:
I hope we and Atlanta keep winning up until we play. That way we can get flexed into the Sunday night game that week replacing NE/IND

To answer the question though, yes I think we will be 7-3 going into the bye.

I hope we and Atlanta keep winning up until we play. That way we can get flexed into the Sunday night game that week replacing NE/IND

To answer the question though, yes I think we will be 7-3 going into the bye.

I don't want a late night game.... then I'll have to take a day off of work, won't get home till midnight sometime, & I'd rather not.

Screw it, I'm all in. :koolaid: :texflag:

It's against my cynical nature, but I'm tired of perpetual mediocrity, tired of a decade of futility, tired of waiting for this team to pull it's head out of it's ass.

I think this team is talented enough to compete with any team in the league. It's just coaching decisions and players making plays, which is one of those intangibles that leave things uncertain.

But, as a fan, I'm ready to see a playoff game, I'm ready to see the Texans finally be relevant in the NFL.

I want to believe, so I'm just going to have fun with it.

I'm jumping off that cliff of faith!

a2379095-28-%5Bgif%5Dsuicide%5Bgif%5D.gif

I don't know exactly what their record is, but during the last broadcast they pretty much said it was piss poor...

2010 - 1-4
2009 - 1-3
2008 - 1-3
2007 - 2-1
2006 - 1-3

Kubiak in November - 6-14

Last 3 years - 3-10

Big improvement required here, although the only other time we only played 3 in November we went 2-1, which I'd take.

Im more worried about Cinci than Tampa really.

Me too , another top 5 defense with an offense that doesnt make a whole lot of mistakes .... and special teams that can be dangerous. I think its the most difficult game remaining on the schedule.

Tampa and Atlanta have better offenses but their defenses are no where near as good as what the Texans have faced thus far in Baltimore , Pittsburgh and Jax ..... or will face in Cleveland and Cincy.

Tampa being on the road .... I could see a L there but dont expect it. The Texans are a better team than the Buc's. Depends on which offense shows up for the Texans .... the one that laid an egg in Baltimore or the one that pummeled the Tit's into submission.
Atlanta at home I think they should win ..... but they lost to the Raiders at home , tho thats a totally different team now that they lost their QB and mortgaged the future for a guy who wasnt in NFL game shape.

Until I see AJ back on the field and the Defense stops losing folks weekly, I'm skeptical of 7-3.

2010 - 1-4
2009 - 1-3
2008 - 1-3
2007 - 2-1
2006 - 1-3

Kubiak in November - 6-14

Last 3 years - 3-10

Big improvement required here, although the only other time we only played 3 in November we went 2-1, which I'd take.

Well, if I bet the odds, I have to bet against 7-3, so I voted "Not Likely". I can hope, though.

Until I see AJ back on the field and the Defense stops losing folks weekly, I'm skeptical of 7-3.

Good point.

Before the season started, I said injuries shouldn't be able to save Kubiak's job. I still feel that way, but this is getting ridiculous.

Like I give a **** about past November records.

Wade Phillips is the ****ing man.

QFT. Wade's D wasn't here in 2010 and before, so I don't find those trends to be of any concern.

The Texans are 3-0 in the AFC South. When has that ever happened? The defense is top 5 and we've got guys making plays. I see no reason to pull the rug on them when they are in control of their own destiny.

This is what being a fan is all about, so I'm not going to rain on my own parade.

Well, if I bet the odds, I have to bet against 7-3, so I voted "Not Likely". I can hope, though.

I hear what you are saying, & not trying to argue. Just wanted a place to drop the line...

Vegas has the Texans by 11 right now.

So if that holds & we beat Cleveland, you're betting that we lose to Tampa on the Road & Jacksonville on the road.

I can see that.

Like I give a **** about past November records.

Wade Phillips is the ****ing man.

QFT. Wade's D wasn't here in 2010 and before, so I don't find those trends to be of any concern.

The Texans are 3-0 in the AFC South. When has that ever happened? The defense is top 5 and we've got guys making plays. I see no reason to pull the rug on them when they are in control of their own destiny.

This is what being a fan is all about, so I'm not going to rain on my own parade.

Wade Phillips is not the one I'm concerned about.

I hear what you are saying, & not trying to argue. Just wanted a place to drop the line...

Vegas has the Texans by 11 right now.

So if that holds & we beat Cleveland, you're betting that we lose to Tampa on the Road & Jacksonville on the road.

I can see that.

I'm just saying that this team is capable of playing games that make you say wow ..... both good and bad. Under Kubiak, if this team were a QB, they'd be Wrecks Grossman.

There is not a game on the schedule that the Texans should lose.

But there are a lot that the Texans could lose.

If you take that into consideration.

& recognize what is going on offensively, Matt playing within himself, & everyone on offense making a play every now & then.... JJ, KDub, OD(x10), Dressen, Arian(x100), Tate, Wade Smith (with the TD), Brown out in space...

Then Aj is still to come back.

I started saving up for a play-off tickets about 3 weeks ago. Now, I've got to consider the possibility of 3 games..

DAMN!!

Good point.

Before the season started, I said injuries shouldn't be able to save Kubiak's job. I still feel that way, but this is getting ridiculous.

Kubiaks had a long enough leash already, it has to be a case of him either getting it done come what may this year or losing his job.

And as much as that may sound negative, I sure as hell hope that 1) Bob McNair feels the same way & 2) That leads to Kubiak still having a job next season.

Wade Phillips is not the one I'm concerned about.

I agree completely. I'm just hoping to hope because I'm burnt out from being so cynical by this groundhog day franchise.

Being optimistic might bite me on the ass, but I'll cross that bridge if/when I come to it. Hopefully, Gary's 6th year yields some net gains in 'lessons learned', and balanced out with Wade's influence, knowledge, and defense, I guess I'm just hoping that this is finally The Year.

There is not a game on the schedule that the Texans should lose.

But there are a lot that the Texans could lose.

Yep, very well said. It's a balancing act, to be sure, but I figure what the heck. AJ needs to see a playoff game in his career, so why not take the leap and hope this year is his first of many.

If you take that into consideration.

& recognize what is going on offensively, Matt playing within himself, & everyone on offense making a play every now & then.... JJ, KDub, OD(x10), Dressen, Arian(x100), Tate, Wade Smith (with the TD), Brown out in space...

Then Aj is still to come back.

I started saving up for a play-off tickets about 3 weeks ago. Now, I've got to consider the possibility of 3 games..

DAMN!!

lol! I can dig it. I honestly think the Texans could make some noise in the playoffs if our defense continues to trend on it's current course. Playoffs are where great defenses can make all the difference, and I'm really excited about the way these guys are getting after it.

Kubiaks had a long enough leash already, it has to be a case of him either getting it done come what may this year or losing his job.

And as much as that may sound negative, I sure as hell hope that 1) Bob McNair feels the same way & 2) That leads to Kubiak still having a job next season.

I've given up on trying to figure out McNair. I figure Kubiak will be here for awhile, so I'm not going to rant and rave about it. It defies logic and McNair's undying loyalty is beyond most of our comprehension skills.

But, hopefully McNair proves to be right in the long run for all of our sakes.

I've given up on trying to figure out McNair. I figure Kubiak will be here for awhile, so I'm not going to rant and rave about it. It defies logic and McNair's undying loyalty is beyond most of our comprehension skills.

But, hopefully McNair proves to be right in the long run for all of our sakes.

If I'm McNair, I'm thinking:
  1. I tried an experienced head coach & GM.... that got me 2-14
  2. I tried an inexperienced head coach & inexperienced GM.. that got me 6-10
  3. I'm going to do this shix myself... hire me a DC.. then go from there.... Championship!!

i dont really agree with that. curtis painter and the colts nearly went in there and won on a MNF game (i.e. not a game the bucs would sleep through). we complain about the texans being a 1 half team sometimes but the bucs are a 1 quarter team that only come alive if they're still within reach in the 4th q

Back