Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: WILL THE TEXANS BE 7-3?
Yes, definitely 16 19.28%
Strongly possible 61 73.49%
Not Likely 5 6.02%
No 1 1.20%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-01-2011   #21
speedfreek
All Pro

Rep Power: 15013 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Will the Texans be 7-3?

How many 4 game win streaks do the Texans have in
their history?

TJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh texan View Post
I really feel for you mate, if you honestly feel that bad about this team, why do you bother? I hope you are a WUM because it would be massochistic of you to actually care about this team given your negative outlook.
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011   #22
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post
their history?

TJ
Yeah...That's a good point...

And that, along with the opponents we'll be facing is the reason I will be sold on the team if we could pull it off.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011   #23
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

the only way we beat tampa is if AJ is suited UP

BUTTT !!!! what i would do is Suit AJ up fro the tampa game but dont play him only play him if we need him like in the 4th qtr or something
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011   #24
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Perhaps, but only if they first concentrate on being 6-3.
I second that.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011   #25
TejasTom
Get #80 a ring!

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 32888 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post
their history?

TJ
Twice. 2008 mid season. 2009 last four.
TejasTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011   #26
speedfreek
All Pro

Rep Power: 15013 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected

Then, historically, there is a 20% chance of it happening.

Now ask the question, when have they done it when it
actually meant something in terms of a playoff appearance?

If they do it this year, now that it matters, then they have
shown me something.

I'm certainly not putting any money on it - and will just
be pleasantly surprised if it happens.

TJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasTom View Post
Twice. 2008 mid season. 2009 last four.
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011   #27
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114714 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Perhaps, but only if they first concentrate on being 6-3.
^^^^
This.
Don't count yer chickens and all that ya know...

For the record, I voted "Not Likely"...
Why?
1) Because Cleveland is a classic trap game. They don't have much on offense, especially if Hillis is still out. But they DO have Josh Cribbs. And it wouldn't be too crazy for Colt McCoy to get lucky and have a career day against our secondary. Okay maybe that would be crazy.

2) if "Good" Tampa shows up we'll have our hands full. They have a very mobile QB and a decent defense. If "Bad" Josh Freeman shows up and turns the ball over multiple times, we probably win.

Anyway, let's get by the Browns before we start worrying about the Buccs.

Last edited by ObsiWan; 11-01-2011 at 01:30 PM.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-01-2011   #28
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
^^^^
This.
Don't count yer chickens and all that ya know...
Right...The team should be thinking one game at a time...

But we are just fans...
Old 11-01-2011   #29
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 157572 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

What is the Texans record in November over the last few years?
Old 11-01-2011   #30
MistaRed
Veteran

Rep Power: 6636 MistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope we and Atlanta keep winning up until we play. That way we can get flexed into the Sunday night game that week replacing NE/IND

To answer the question though, yes I think we will be 7-3 going into the bye.
MistaRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011   #31
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I don't know exactly what their record is, but during the last broadcast they pretty much said it was piss poor...
Old 11-01-2011   #32
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistaRed View Post
I hope we and Atlanta keep winning up until we play. That way we can get flexed into the Sunday night game that week replacing NE/IND

To answer the question though, yes I think we will be 7-3 going into the bye.
I don't want a late night game.... then I'll have to take a day off of work, won't get home till midnight sometime, & I'd rather not.
Old 11-01-2011   #33
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209608 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Screw it, I'm all in.

It's against my cynical nature, but I'm tired of perpetual mediocrity, tired of a decade of futility, tired of waiting for this team to pull it's head out of it's ass.

I think this team is talented enough to compete with any team in the league. It's just coaching decisions and players making plays, which is one of those intangibles that leave things uncertain.

But, as a fan, I'm ready to see a playoff game, I'm ready to see the Texans finally be relevant in the NFL.

I want to believe, so I'm just going to have fun with it.

I'm jumping off that cliff of faith!

Old 11-01-2011   #34
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I don't know exactly what their record is, but during the last broadcast they pretty much said it was piss poor...
2010 - 1-4
2009 - 1-3
2008 - 1-3
2007 - 2-1
2006 - 1-3

Kubiak in November - 6-14

Last 3 years - 3-10

Big improvement required here, although the only other time we only played 3 in November we went 2-1, which I'd take.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011   #35
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 147080 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kthx View Post
Im more worried about Cinci than Tampa really.
Me too , another top 5 defense with an offense that doesnt make a whole lot of mistakes .... and special teams that can be dangerous. I think its the most difficult game remaining on the schedule.

Tampa and Atlanta have better offenses but their defenses are no where near as good as what the Texans have faced thus far in Baltimore , Pittsburgh and Jax ..... or will face in Cleveland and Cincy.

Tampa being on the road .... I could see a L there but dont expect it. The Texans are a better team than the Buc's. Depends on which offense shows up for the Texans .... the one that laid an egg in Baltimore or the one that pummeled the Tit's into submission.
Atlanta at home I think they should win ..... but they lost to the Raiders at home , tho thats a totally different team now that they lost their QB and mortgaged the future for a guy who wasnt in NFL game shape.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011   #36
Arky
Veteran

Rep Power: 337 Arky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
welsh texan got it...
Arky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011   #37
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 78404 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Until I see AJ back on the field and the Defense stops losing folks weekly, I'm skeptical of 7-3.
Old 11-01-2011   #38
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39734 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Like I give a **** about past November records.

Wade Phillips is the ****ing man.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011   #39
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 157572 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh texan View Post
2010 - 1-4
2009 - 1-3
2008 - 1-3
2007 - 2-1
2006 - 1-3

Kubiak in November - 6-14

Last 3 years - 3-10

Big improvement required here, although the only other time we only played 3 in November we went 2-1, which I'd take.
Well, if I bet the odds, I have to bet against 7-3, so I voted "Not Likely". I can hope, though.
Old 11-01-2011   #40
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
Until I see AJ back on the field and the Defense stops losing folks weekly, I'm skeptical of 7-3.
Good point.

Before the season started, I said injuries shouldn't be able to save Kubiak's job. I still feel that way, but this is getting ridiculous.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read