Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: WILL THE TEXANS BE 7-3?
Yes, definitely 16 19.28%
Strongly possible 61 73.49%
Not Likely 5 6.02%
No 1 1.20%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-01-2011   #1
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Smile Will the Texans be 7-3?

Wouldn't that be a nice looking record heading into the last six games?

7-3... 7-3It's almost hard for me to imagine. 7-3

I'm a little nervous about both of these games coming up....If either of these teams play well they will be tough outs.

Especially Tampa, in Tampa.

If we can win these next two games and end up 7-3 I will be convinced.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011   #2
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30851 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Will the Texans be 7-3?

I'm predicting 8-3 heading into the Atlanta game. The Tampa game will be tough, but I think we can win it if we take care of the ball.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011   #3
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Honestly, I think we'll be 6-4 at the break. But if we are 7-3, I'll have to start mixing more of the koolaid in my Sunday coffee.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011   #4
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43308 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Perhaps, but only if they first concentrate on being 6-3.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011   #5
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post

If we can win these next two games and end up 7-3 I will be convinced.
We are 5-3 right now.

If we win the next two games you're going to be convinced that we could be 7-3?

That's really sticking it out there Rey.
Old 11-01-2011   #6
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
We are 5-3 right now.

If we win the next two games you're going to be convinced that we could be 7-3?

That's really sticking it out there Rey.
What I'm saying is that if we can win the next two games (one at home and one away) against two good opponents that will be 4 wins in a row....

If we can beat Cleveland at home this weekend and then remain focused and determined enough to go into Tampa and beat the Bucs I will be convinced that this team is ready to make make some noise in the play-offs this year and in the future...

Right now, I'm kind of skeptical about when the 'Bad Texans' will show up...

Put it like this...If we can win the next two I will feel more comfortable heading into games from there on out...
Old 11-01-2011   #7
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30851 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What I'm saying is that if we can win the next two games (one at home and one away) against two good opponents that will be 4 wins in a row....

If we can beat Cleveland at home this weekend and then remain focused and determined enough to go into Tampa and beat the Bucs I will be convinced that this team is ready to make make some noise in the play-offs this year and in the future...

Put it like this...If we can win the next two I will feel more comfortable heading into games from there on out...
Thankfully, halfway through the season the we haven't had a true "Bad Texans" moment where we get demolished for the entire game. Last year against the Cowboys and Giants was embarrassing.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-01-2011   #8
Ghostform
Veteran

Rep Power: 7329 Ghostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respected

i would never say definitely when it comes to wins for any NFL team this season. I put strong possibility because our schedule is getting softer and Dre should be back soon.
Ghostform is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011   #9
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Just having a little fun.
Old 11-01-2011   #10
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Just having a little fun.

Old 11-01-2011   #11
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostform View Post
i would never say definitely when it comes to wins for any NFL team this season. I put strong possibility because our schedule is getting softer and Dre should be back soon.
I voted "strong possibility" as well. There is no doubt in my mind this club will play well in the AFC Championship game this year. I've been thinking that all year.. (That's been my expectation for this team the last 3 years)

Still, after the Oakland game, I threw out making predictions, anticipating scores, or marking up W-Ls before the games.

I have no idea if we're going to finish 9-7 or 13-3, but I'm pretty sure we're going to win the division. I don't know how we're going to get there, & from that stand point I'm just going to enjoy the ride.
Old 11-01-2011   #12
speedfreek
All Pro

Rep Power: 26703 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected

This team always finds a way to spit the bit.

7-3, only a slim chance.

I see another raiders-type game coming.

TJ
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011   #13
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post

TJ
So other than that, you think this team should win out the rest of the season?
Old 11-01-2011   #14
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted strongly possible, the team should definitely win the next two games, I'll be dissappointed if they don't.

The thing is that we have now hit November and that is the Texans' cursed month, what is our November record under Kubiak? All I know is that its really bad.

As for the previous statement that we've yet to see the 'bad' Texans for an entire game, that is true, but we've definitely seen the 'bad' Texans for periods throughout games, never long enough to leave us completely out of the running, but they've sure shown themselves on a number of occassions.

The one positive from that is whereas for the last few years, if the D was having a good game, they were simply able to slow the opposition down a little, and it was always up to the O to keep us in the race (and when they failed it was all over) Now, we have a D that has the ability to completely shut down the opposing O until our own gets its act together and puts points on the board.

That gives me hope.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011   #15
robroy72
Veteran

Rep Power: 6816 robroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Going into tampa is the toughest game out of the remaining schedule, IMHO. If we win that, I'll be very impressed.
robroy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011   #16
robroy72
Veteran

Rep Power: 6816 robroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

7-3, only a slim chance.

TJ
We'll lose to the Browns and then beat Tampa! lol
robroy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011   #17
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

7-3, only a slim chance.

TJ
I really feel for you mate, if you honestly feel that bad about this team, why do you bother? I hope you are a WUM because it would be massochistic of you to actually care about this team given your negative outlook.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by robroy72 View Post
Going into tampa is the toughest game out of the remaining schedule, IMHO. If we win that, I'll be very impressed.
@Tampa
vs Atlanta
@Cincinnati

three remaining games on our schedule with winning records.

@Jacksonville
vs Carolina
vs Tennessee

These games can go either way.

Cleveland
Indy

Are probably the only "real" "should win" games.
Old 11-01-2011   #19
Kthx
All Pro

Section: Bar Table
Rep Power: 8621 Kthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respected

Im more worried about Cinci than Tampa really.
Kthx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011   #20
speedfreek
All Pro

Rep Power: 26703 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected

10-6, win the division and be competitive in the
first playoff game -- that's what I expect and would
consider a good season.

specially with all of the defensive injuries.

TJ

Quote:
So other than that, you think this team should win out the rest of the season?
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read