Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-02-2011   #61
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Early thoughts on the Browns game

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrwnsTown View Post
You wanna see painful just watch the game sunday and pretend you're a Browns fan for a half.....

And I love the walking dead...
Wow, it must be tough to feel like you guys regressed after the promise your team showed last year. Are people in Cleveland starting to question the move of replacing Mangini? It looked to me like he was on the right track of building a tough, physical team there. I know Holmgren wanted his guy in there, but what do fans think of the direction of the team?
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #62
triplethreat
Veteran

Rep Power: 202 triplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
Wow, it must be tough to feel like you guys regressed after the promise your team showed last year. Are people in Cleveland starting to question the move of replacing Mangini? It looked to me like he was on the right track of building a tough, physical team there. I know Holmgren wanted his guy in there, but what do fans think of the direction of the team?
We're clearly heading in the right direction. We have young pieces and talent, we just need to add more. Whether that be through the Draft (likely) or Free Agency (Probably just depth). This team was severely hurt by the lock-out. We had to install 2 new systems in the WCO, and the 4-3 on defense. It's clearly going to take time. We are going to have to add a better QB outside of McCoy, beef up the O-Line some more, add a #1 receiver, OLB, another Defensive pass rusher, a second CB, and a FS. ALL HUGE NEEDS. But in 2-3 years we're going to be a very competitive team, in one of the best divisions in football. The Bengals even scare me now..
Old 11-02-2011   #63
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplethreat View Post
We're clearly heading in the right direction. We have young pieces and talent, we just need to add more. Whether that be through the Draft (likely) or Free Agency (Probably just depth). This team was severely hurt by the lock-out. We had to install 2 new systems in the WCO, and the 4-3 on defense. It's clearly going to take time. We are going to have to add a better QB outside of McCoy, beef up the O-Line some more, add a #1 receiver, OLB, another Defensive pass rusher, a second CB, and a FS. ALL HUGE NEEDS. But in 2-3 years we're going to be a very competitive team, in one of the best divisions in football. The Bengals even scare me now..
Yeah, that sounds like a lot of work there that needs to be done. And you're right that the AFC North is going to be a beast for the next few years. I see you didn't mention running back as a need though. I would have thought you guys might address that too in the off-season. Hillis might have been better off turning down that Madden cover.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #64
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

You know how cities have "sister" cities abroad? For example sister cities to Houston are for an example: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates; Luanda, Angola; Karachi, Pakistan; Chiba, Japan, etc., etc.. I think in some regards Cleveland has to be a sister city here in the U.S. We share a feeling of futility in our football teams. FML!

Although, and that said, at least the Browns have made the playoffs. The Texans? Not so much!
Old 11-02-2011   #65
triplethreat
Veteran

Rep Power: 202 triplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
You know how cities have "sister" cities abroad? For example sister cities to Houston are for an example: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates; Luanda, Angola; Karachi, Pakistan; Chiba, Japan, etc., etc.. I think in some regards Cleveland has to be a sister city here in the U.S. We share a feeling of futility in our football teams. FML!

Although, and that said, at least the Browns have made the playoffs. The Texans? Not so much!
Since coming back we've only made it once! The Oilers have been there.

We honestly should have a SB.. But that douche bag Art Modell screwed us. Ravens are my most hated team in football no doubt!
Old 11-02-2011   #66
triplethreat
Veteran

Quote:
Yeah, that sounds like a lot of work there that needs to be done. And you're right that the AFC North is going to be a beast for the next few years. I see you didn't mention running back as a need though. I would have thought you guys might address that too in the off-season. Hillis might have been better off turning down that Madden cover.
Hillis's agent is all in his head. Once we see the deal Matt Forte gets with the Bears it'll be a lot easier with Hillis, because he isn't a top 8 back in the league, and he doesn't deserve that kind of money. All in all in the end I think we'll get a deal done with him.
Old 11-02-2011   #67
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 9013 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

we shall win
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-02-2011   #68
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I gotta ask you guys to stop with the video siggys...hang a link in your sig or something.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #69
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202148 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Peyton Hillis again did not practice at all.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #70
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
This game is a good candidate for besting our margin of victory record we set against Tennessee two weeks ago.

CLE 3
HOU 49
If that's the final score, I'll kiss your ass and give you a half an hour to draw a crowd!!! I'm only an hour or so away from Cleveland right now and can't find a single taker on a bet with ANY points. I won a boatload with the Pitsburgh game, so maybe that's why.
DocBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #71
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplethreat View Post
Since coming back we've only made it once! The Oilers have been there.

We honestly should have a SB.. But that douche bag Art Modell screwed us. Ravens are my most hated team in football no doubt!
Art Modell > Pud Adams!! Eff the Ravens, Eff the Tinnbreds!!! Just sayin'!

Hey bro, at the end of the day, I hope for a good game (and more importantly) an injury free Sunday!! Good luck bro... As long as the Texans win!

*EDIT*
BTW, very sexist on my part by saying "dude", you could be a chick... And that would be even more AWESOME!
Old 11-02-2011   #72
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 48076 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

This was on 610 on the J & R show today.

Chuck Booms, the Morning Host from 92.3 the Fan in Cleveland, gives his opinion on the Texans/Browns game.

http://cbshouston.files.wordpress.co...ms-11-2-11.mp3

My favorite part, around 3:30 in to the interview Chuck said on their show they have "game plan Wednesday". The game plan was to "miss the flight"

They are expecting to get crushed.
Old 11-02-2011   #73
triplethreat
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Art Modell > Pud Adams!! Eff the Ravens, Eff the Tinnbreds!!! Just sayin'!

Hey bro, at the end of the day, I hope for a good game (and more importantly) an injury free Sunday!! Good luck bro... As long as the Texans win!

*EDIT*
BTW, very sexist on my part by saying "dude", you could be a chick... And that would be even more AWESOME!
Lol, I am a dude. And yes, lets hope everyone can stay healthy. Butttt, I just want the Browns to spoil your Sunday.. I'm sorry!

A man can dream right?
Old 11-02-2011   #74
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

This is a classic trap game. Texans have never demonstrated the discipline to win consistently. They have already won two in a row, both division games no less! I actually think it's more likely we suffer a letdown this week than the total domination some think we are prepared to deliver.

We might be better on paper, but the games are played on the field. See: Saints/Rams last week for a similar example.
Old 11-02-2011   #75
BrwnsTown
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 BrwnsTown is a quality contributor and well respectedBrwnsTown is a quality contributor and well respectedBrwnsTown is a quality contributor and well respectedBrwnsTown is a quality contributor and well respectedBrwnsTown is a quality contributor and well respectedBrwnsTown is a quality contributor and well respectedBrwnsTown is a quality contributor and well respectedBrwnsTown is a quality contributor and well respectedBrwnsTown is a quality contributor and well respectedBrwnsTown is a quality contributor and well respectedBrwnsTown is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Depends on the Fan...
If you ask the latte drinking morons that were sucked into buying PSL's, well they swallow anything the ownership and front office gives them.

The Die hard fans are sick of rebuilding. It is hard to believe as bad as the passing game was last year that it would be worse this year. Mangini was on to something, it just wasn't what Holmgren wanted.

That is why Hillis will be gone after this season, and we will be looking for a WCO RB, WR's, right side of the O-line, Possible a new QB after next season, 2 new starting LB's, a safety and CB, and depth everywhere.

And according to this new management all through the draft and not free agency, so 5-7 years down the road when/if every draft pick works out we may make the playoffs, Or just rebuild again after next season when we go 2-14 to 5-11 again....

It is next to impossible to sit through a full game anymore, I actually fell asleep during the Seahawks game.....

Just hard to watch this after growing up with Sipe and Kardiac Kids....And now we are the New Orleans Aints of old......
BrwnsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #76
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I expect the better team to win.

Houston Texans are the better team.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #77
triplethreat
Veteran

Quote:
Depends on the Fan...
If you ask the latte drinking morons that were sucked into buying PSL's, well they swallow anything the ownership and front office gives them.

The Die hard fans are sick of rebuilding. It is hard to believe as bad as the passing game was last year that it would be worse this year. Mangini was on to something, it just wasn't what Holmgren wanted.

That is why Hillis will be gone after this season, and we will be looking for a WCO RB, WR's, right side of the O-line, Possible a new QB after next season, 2 new starting LB's, a safety and CB, and depth everywhere.

And according to this new management all through the draft and not free agency, so 5-7 years down the road when/if every draft pick works out we may make the playoffs, Or just rebuild again after next season when we go 2-14 to 5-11 again....

It is next to impossible to sit through a full game anymore, I actually fell asleep during the Seahawks game.....

Just hard to watch this after growing up with Sipe and Kardiac Kids....And now we are the New Orleans Aints of old......
Thats why we turn to the booze.. Lots and lots of booze.

But sincerely, I believe in Heckert and Holmgren, they have us going in the right direction and having an Offensive Coordinator next year will surely help.
They've shown over the years that they can rebuild a team, and I know they're committed to Cleveland.
Old 11-03-2011   #78
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
They're probably just trying not to get your hopes up too quick.... ask anyone here, it shouldn't take more than 3-4 years.
Old 11-03-2011   #79
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 31690 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
They're probably just trying not to get your hopes up too quick.... ask anyone here, it shouldn't take more than 3-4 years.
Others think it is impossible to be faster than six years, and then only with a sufficiently weak schedule and if the rest of your division gets flushed while you remain floating.
Old 11-03-2011   #80
BrwnsTown
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 BrwnsTown is a quality contributor and well respectedBrwnsTown is a quality contributor and well respectedBrwnsTown is a quality contributor and well respectedBrwnsTown is a quality contributor and well respectedBrwnsTown is a quality contributor and well respectedBrwnsTown is a quality contributor and well respectedBrwnsTown is a quality contributor and well respectedBrwnsTown is a quality contributor and well respectedBrwnsTown is a quality contributor and well respectedBrwnsTown is a quality contributor and well respectedBrwnsTown is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

You don't blow up your defense and fire every coach and start all over again and fix everything in 3-4 yrs.

After sunday you will see how bad this team really is.....
BrwnsTown is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read