Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-01-2011   #1
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Early thoughts on the Browns game

I'm hoping we can put the fan actions aside and start back talking football again. This Browns game is setting up pretty nice for us to handle our business in a dominant way if we approach the game like we should. Their backfield is banged up and they're ranked close to the bottom in their run defense. Even if Hillis is able to play it's likely he won't be close to being at full strength, so it looks like we're gonna be facing our old friend Chris Ogbannaya. Any early thoughts from anyone heading into the game?
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011   #2
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Early thoughts on the Browns game

I think it's going to be another ugly game.

Their run defense doesn't look too formidable, Cj2.9 was able to rush for 101 yards. Gore was able to run over them for 134 yards. But DMC failed to reach 100 yards (91 yards).

It would be nice if we can get Tate & Foster off to another 200 yard rushing attack. Hopefully that will help Matt return at least to the form he showed during the Titans game.

Colt McCoy is pretty mobile, & while we're pretty good at chasing QBs, he's not half bad at making plays on the run. None of their receivers appear "dangerous" but with Colts ability to adlib, they could pose a problem.

But Cleveland has problems scoring points. They are 28th in the league with 15 ppg.
Old 11-01-2011   #3
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314353 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

The Brownies are not as bad as some think. The Texans should win this game, but I wouldn't look past the Brownies to spoil our fun.

AJ should be coming back soon which will help a lot, but any more injuries and our defense is starting to look like an episode of The Walking Dead.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011   #4
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Colt McCoy is pretty mobile, & while we're pretty good at chasing QBs, he's not half bad at making plays on the run.
I can see it now...

Colt McCoy will end up scoring the game winning touchdown in overtime while running from the 40 yard line and all the UT fans will say "shoulda drafted Colt!".
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011   #5
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I think it's going to be another ugly game.

Their run defense doesn't look too formidable, Cj2.9 was able to rush for 101 yards. Gore was able to run over them for 134 yards. But DMC failed to reach 100 yards (91 yards).

It would be nice if we can get Tate & Foster off to another 200 yard rushing attack. Hopefully that will help Matt return at least to the form he showed during the Titans game.

Colt McCoy is pretty mobile, & while we're pretty good at chasing QBs, he's not half bad at making plays on the run. None of their receivers appear "dangerous" but with Colts ability to adlib, they could pose a problem.

But Cleveland has problems scoring points. They are 28th in the league with 15 ppg.
Running the ball I think will be key from here on out. I'd like to see better balance though from our running game. 33 carries from Foster and 5 for Tate isn't the best of strategies long term in my opinion. I think rotating them more will make them both better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
The Brownies are not as bad as some think. The Texans should win this game, but I wouldn't look past the Brownies to spoil our fun.

AJ should be coming back soon which will help a lot, but any more injuries and our defense is starting to look like an episode of The Walking Dead.
I agree with you that we've been hit pretty hard as far as major contributors go on our defense. How nice is it though to actually have quality depth now that those injuries aren't so glaring? In year's past that wasn't the case at all.
Old 11-01-2011   #6
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
I can see it now...

Colt McCoy will end up scoring the game winning touchdown in overtime while running from the 40 yard line and all the UT fans will say "shoulda drafted Colt!".
I still remember having so many mixed emotions from that game. I didn't know whether to cheer or to cry.
Old 11-01-2011   #7
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 107220 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
I still remember having so many mixed emotions from that game. I didn't know whether to cheer or to cry.
Seriously? Wow. There is no way you should have cheered. This is not college. Cry? CRY? That is an instant man card pull unless it is the AFC conference championship game or deeper. Wow dude... your only two choices were to cheer or cry? You should look into the wave your hand in disgust as you turn away from the television move.

Neg rep your way, sausagefest fan boy.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-01-2011   #8
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
Seriously? Wow. There is no way you should have cheered. This is not college. Cry? CRY? That is an instant man card pull unless it is the AFC conference championship game or deeper. Wow dude... your only two choices were to cheer or cry? You should look into the wave your hand in disgust as you turn away from the television move.

Neg rep your way, sausagefest fan boy.

Mike
It was a joke dope! Chill out!!!! Wal-Mart has those extra sensitive tampons if you need them.

And the negative rep thing is supposed to scare me somehow? Wow dude! Just Wow!
Old 11-01-2011   #9
Kthx
All Pro

Section: Bar Table
Rep Power: 8622 Kthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respected

Browns are a good up and coming team but I don't think their Oline is going to hold agaisnt our Dline, I don't think McCoy (Keenam's better go Cougs) is going to have very much time to let go of the ball, and I think well end up picking the guy off several times. Hillis and Hardesty are out so that means we can pay even more attention to the passing game. Really what I want to see out of this game is Schaub making good use of his time in the pocket and completing a solid, error free game again.
Kthx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011   #10
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the Browns struggle. A lot. No MJD, Colt can't really stretch the field, and no real weapon outside of Cribbs. I'd just not punt. And onsides kick.
Old 11-01-2011   #11
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
I think the Browns struggle. A lot. No MJD, Colt can't really stretch the field, and no real weapon outside of Cribbs. I'd just not punt. And onsides kick.

Yeah, Cribbs is the only player on their team that scares me. I don't see any way they're able to consistently run the ball against us, so as long as we're successful on early downs like we have been the past couple of games then I think we'll be great.
Old 11-01-2011   #12
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55069 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know, but my impression was that the Browns were comparable to the Jags in that they had a solid defense, especially vs the run ? But I think I'm hearing here that that's not the case at all ? What are the strengths of the Cleveland team ?
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011   #13
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

If I were Kubiak, I'd post the score of the New Orleans Saints vs. St. Louis Rams game this past Sunday in the team meetings and then say "And you lost to the Saints" and walk out the room. Plain and simple.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011   #14
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
I don't know, but my impression was that the Browns were comparable to the Jags in that they had a solid defense, especially vs the run ? But I think I'm hearing here that that's not the case at all ? What are the strengths of the Cleveland team ?
Coming into the season it was their running game, but that's not the case anymore. They only true strength they have is that they don't give up a ton of big plays on defense, and they don't turn the ball over a lot so it keeps them in most games.
Old 11-01-2011   #15
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 107220 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It was a joke dope! Chill out!!!! Wal-Mart has those extra sensitive tampons if you need them.

And the negative rep thing is supposed to scare me somehow? Wow dude! Just Wow!
Slow your flow man. It was a joke, as evidenced by the fact that I didn't actually neg rep you. I'll pick you up some pads next time I'm at Wal-Mart. PM me your addy and I'll mail them to ya.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011   #16
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
Slow your flow man. It was a joke, as evidenced by the fact that I didn't actually neg rep you. I'll pick you up some pads next time I'm at Wal-Mart. PM me your addy and I'll mail them to ya.

Mike
Sounds like a plan...... You can never have too many of those.
Old 11-01-2011   #17
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Rep Power: 314353 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

So, are you two dating now? Get your own forum before I neg rep everyone in here. Including myself for wasting perfectly good electrons in this post.

Can you neg rep yourself? Even if you could, it somehow sounds nasty.

Old 11-01-2011   #18
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
So, are you two dating now? Get your own forum before I neg rep everyone in here. Including myself for wasting perfectly good electrons in this post.

Can you neg rep yourself? Even if you could, it somehow sounds nasty.

I'm in a weird place in my life right now so I'm currently unavailable....... Its not him, its me.

Back to the Brownies now!
Old 11-01-2011   #19
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Quote:
Back to the Brownies now!
I'm remember some excellent brownies back in the 70's.

Old 11-01-2011   #20
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 64171 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I was cussing and I couldn't believe people in Texan's jerseys were cheering.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read