Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Do you like it
Yes - Like it 14 38.89%
No - Don't like it 17 47.22%
Indifferent 5 13.89%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-31-2011   #1
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9597 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans Song - Red, White and Blue by @DreLadon

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2011/10/...ed-white-blue/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUYO5s0IA8I

I dont know if this has been posted, but merge or delete if so.

I heard on 610 they played this at the game. What do yall think about the song?

I thinks its creative and like it.
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011   #2
House of Pain
Knee-jerkless

Section: 106
Rep Power: 4027 House of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Song - Red, White and Blue by @DreLadon

I'm not saying that I like it, but compared to Clay Walker's ****fest we have for an anthem, it could possibly be the best song of all time.
House of Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011   #3
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28939 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Not really a fan. Do we even need a team song? This is the NFL, not college. How many other teams have a team song?

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011   #4
Craig.
Nosebleeds

Rep Power: 2136 Craig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Not really a fan. Do we even need a team song? This is the NFL, not college. How many other teams have a team song?
How many teams have a band? If we have that I don't see why we can't have a fan song.
Craig. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011   #5
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 173371 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Look out football, here we come,
Houston Texans, number one.
Houston has the Texans, the greatest football team.
We take the ball from goal to goal like no one's ever seen.
We're in the air, we're on the ground ... always in control
And when you say the Texans, you're talking Super Bowl.
'Cause we're the Houston Texans, Houston Texans, Houston Texans, Number One.
Yes, we're the Houston Texans, Houston Texans, Houston Texans, Number One.
We've got the offense.
We've got the defense.
We give the other team no hope. 'Cause we're the Houston Texans, Houston Texans,
You know we're gonna hold the rope.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011   #6
House of Pain
Knee-jerkless

Rep Power: 4027 House of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig. View Post
How many teams have a band? If we have that I don't see why we can't have a fan song.
I do believe that the fight song for this team should embody the diversity of Houston. I've always thought the song should not be just a country song, or just a rap song, but something that is a 'melting pot' of all the music culture this great city has to offer.

Having said that and thinking about a possible county-rap type combination by the WRONG ARTISTS could potentially be the worst song ever made.
Old 10-31-2011   #7
House of Pain
Knee-jerkless

Quote:
Originally Posted by asleep View Post
We've got the offense.
We've got the defense.
We give the other team no hope. 'Cause we're the Houston Texans, Houston Texans,
Repped, and still better than Clay Walker.
Sponsored links
Old 10-31-2011   #8
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9597 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
It could be worst. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3kmS...eature=related

Thats a funny remix of andre johnson and marc vandameer.

So then I found this thing called google and youtube and it seems that every person trying to make a buck is making their claim to fame by doing a song on every team. I didnt realize there were so many untalented people out there. I dare you to google our team and others to see whats out there. I mean, there is some real crap out there.

At first I thought it was different, unique, and we were getting some cred by being called dirty and people starting to build a bigger fan base cause people were writing songs about us that were better than Clay Walker's. But apparently there are a lot of songs out there about a lot of teams including ours.

I like the song but my initial excitement has faded after spending some time on google.

But hey, at least your not reading or posting in the "Wave" thread right?
Old 10-31-2011   #9
Kthx
All Pro

Section: Bar Table
Rep Power: 8621 Kthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by House of Pain View Post
Having said that and thinking about a possible county-rap type combination by the WRONG ARTISTS could potentially be the worst song ever made.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja22rosWlAU

You might be on to something there Hop.
Kthx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011   #10
Heath Shuler
maybe not

Section: 521
Rep Power: 34640 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by asleep View Post
We've got the offense.
We've got the defense.
http://melaman2.com/nfl-fightmusic/O...ilers_No_1.mp3

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011   #11
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kthx View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja22rosWlAU

You might be on to something there Hop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by House of Pain

Listen to the other four:

http://tasteofcountry.com/top-countr...rations-songs/
Old 10-31-2011   #12
House of Pain
Knee-jerkless

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansBull View Post
Please don't make me do that
Old 11-01-2011   #13
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by House of Pain View Post
I'm not saying that I like it, but compared to Clay Walker's ****fest we have for an anthem, it could possibly be the best song of all time.
I like the Clay Walker song. I think it's as much a rock song as a country song.. it could be sung by anybody, but being that it is Clay Walker's song I can see why it's considered a country song.

But the song rocks, with a country twang.

I wonder if we could get ZZ-Top to do it for us?
Old 11-01-2011   #14
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 49619 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

The song about, the red, white, and that blue, red, white, and that blue, red, white, and that blue, red, white, and that blue?

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS BARATHEON PUSHED IT!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011   #15
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.myspace.com/eltejanoakarickyd

I'm not saying I don't like the other song either. However, I feel he dates the song and soon it will be old. What happens when Jacoby and Neil Rackers are no longer playing on the team. If he wanted to put names, he could've put guys that at least would be considered for a future Texans ring of honor or something like Andre.

However, I feel my song applies to Texans for Texan fans. Let me know what you think.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011   #16
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not saying I don't like the other song either. However, I feel he dates the song and soon it will be old. What happens when Jacoby and Neil Rackers are no longer playing on the team. If he wanted to put names, he could've put guys that at least would be considered for a future Texans ring of honor or something like Andre.

However, I feel my song applies to Texans for Texan fans. Let me know what you think.
Old 11-01-2011   #17
House of Pain
Knee-jerkless

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I like the Clay Walker song. I think it's as much a rock song as a country song.. it could be sung by anybody, but being that it is Clay Walker's song I can see why it's considered a country song.

But the song rocks, with a country twang.

I wonder if we could get ZZ-Top to do it for us?
And maybe that is the reason that I don't really care for the song...it COULD be sang by anyone. It lacks personality (IMO) and I think whatever song is adopted by this team should have more 'balls.'

Personally, I'm biased towards ZZ Top, Scarface/Geto Boys or something to that effect. With all due respect to Clay and his fans, the song doesn't get me amped to watch the Texans kick the **** out of the opposing team.
Old 11-01-2011   #18
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I like the song for what it is.

I think we can do better though. Like El Tejano was saying, it dates itself and doesn't really have a carry over effect.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011   #19
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I like the song for what it is.

I think we can do better though. Like El Tejano was saying, it dates itself and doesn't really have a carry over effect.
I've been dying to get 610 to listen to my Texans Rap Song. Anyone listened to it yet:

Nick Scurfield got it from me once and he liked it enough to send it up. I even got an official email that said thanks but we aren't asking for outside submissions.

Let me know what yall think.
Old 11-01-2011   #20
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
I've been dying to get 610 to listen to my Texans Rap Song. Anyone listened to it yet:

Nick Scurfield got it from me once and he liked it enough to send it up. I even got an official email that said thanks but we aren't asking for outside submissions.

Let me know what yall think.
I'll have to listen to it at home...at work now but I will give it a listen
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read