Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-31-2011   #41
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 340250 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jaguars defenders accuse Texans of playing dirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I don't think so. It appeared to me that Cushing pulled up at the last second. He hardly grazed Gabbert and ended up doing a head first slide as a result. Now, if Cushing hadn't pulled up it would've been a serious collision with the intent to injure.

Considering he pulled up, he was not intentionally trying to hurt anybody.

I could be wrong, but that's how I saw it at the time.
I agree with this.

If Gabbert had always intended to slide, then do it. He waited way too long, and defenders were already in motion. You can't stop forward momentum, regardless of what the suit & ties at the NFL head offices try to legislate.

Warren Moon used to do that, as well. He'd wait until the very last minuted to slide, then whine when he' got hit. But that was the NFL as a man's game, before they started with the skirt trend that we see today protecting QBs like they are not football players.

I'll take that Cushing hit every time, even if it gets a flag. You know Gabbert felt it for the rest of the game, and anything that makes the QB think about your no. 1 LB is a positive thing in this sport called football.

As far as this story, the Jags are a losing team and acting like little bitches about it. Chumps. Del Rio needs a new team, one with less vaginal discomfort issues.
Old 10-31-2011   #42
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

The fact that Cushing hit him was not cheap. Cushing did not pull up as much as he appeared to deliberately lead with his elbow. He was trying to put his elbow into Gabbert's ribs. I've watched it a few times. Gabbert didn't slide correctly, so that part is on him, but the elbow to the ribs appeared intentional to me, having intentionally put my elbow into people's ribs a few times myself.
Old 10-31-2011   #43
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
You know Gabbert felt it for the rest of the game, and anything that makes the QB think about your no. 1 LB is a positive thing in this sport called football.
I agree with that completely. I just think if the same hit had happened to Schaub, the whining would be coming from the posters on this board. If I actually felt like putting forth a little effort, I'm sure I could go dig up posts doing exactly that in similar scenarios.
Old 10-31-2011   #44
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 263559 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
That was MJD.
I thought it was the other runningback, Deji Karim.
Old 10-31-2011   #45
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 263559 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
The slide was odd. It looked like he jumped in the slide position, instead of actually sliding. The spot was very kind, so its whatever.
I thought that was the biggest reason they didn't throw the flag. Looked like he started to slide, then changed his mind, then changed his mind again...... only so much the defensive guys can do.
Old 10-31-2011   #46
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 340250 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I agree with that completely. I just think if the same hit had happened to Schaub, the whining would be coming from the posters on this board. If I actually felt like putting forth a little effort, I'm sure I could go dig up posts doing exactly that in similar scenarios.
I remember Haynesworth landing on Schaub and taking him out a couple of years ago. Schaub should have gotten rid of the ball. Some of this stuff is on the QB, as well. They often put themselves in these situations.

You can research the board, but don't get your posters mixed up. I've never complained (or whined) about a hit on Schaub. It's football.

And you're probably right, though, that some might take exception. But this is our guy laying the wood on their guy, so finally that hit goes our way.

As far as your elbow comment, I won't disagree. I've seen Ray Lewis use that exact same technique for 15 years, and the NFL uses his play as an example of how to play the game. Cushing is just taking notes from the best.
Old 10-31-2011   #47
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaJokaa View Post
Actually, that was their FB with the dreads
Must have been more than one incident then.
Old 10-31-2011   #48
Kthx
All Pro

Section: Bar Table
Rep Power: 8622 Kthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respected

It was a fair hit, in my opinion once a QB crosses the LoS hes a running back and the same rules should apply. Also way too many of the elite QB's can gain like 5-7 extra yards on the end of any given run by doing the "im about to slide so don't hit me" motion. Its a win-win for them because if they get hit during any of that it generally gets called anyways.

As for the Texans playing dirty.. its honestly about f'in time. When our division rivals come out saying that we are really good people and even though we lost we still won a moral victory we aren't doing it right. Glad to hear some complaining about us finally.
Kthx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011   #49
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kthx View Post
It was a fair hit, in my opinion once a QB crosses the LoS hes a running back and the same rules should apply. Also way too many of the elite QB's can gain like 5-7 extra yards on the end of any given run by doing the "im about to slide so don't hit me" motion. Its a win-win for them because if they get hit during any of that it generally gets called anyways.
As someone said earlier, imagine that was Matt Schaub & Poz... we would be calling that dirty & the ref's had it in for us etc, etc, etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kthx View Post
As for the Texans playing dirty.. its honestly about f'in time. When our division rivals come out saying that we are really good people and even though we lost we still won a moral victory we aren't doing it right. Glad to hear some complaining about us finally.
Good point. Would you rather have the owner of the Baltimore Ravens telling you how good your club is doing after they spank you in your house?

Or would you rather have them say we are dirty after putting 24 points on their top 10 defense?

Old 10-31-2011   #50
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 77701 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Or would you rather have them say we are dirty after putting 24 points on their top 10 defense?

Yep. I know on this very board we have pined for players who are nasty and physical. It appears we have them now, or at least have them enough to make our divisional opponents eat some wahburgers and french cries.
Old 10-31-2011   #51
eriadoc
Texan-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I remember Haynesworth landing on Schaub and taking him out a couple of years ago. Schaub should have gotten rid of the ball. Some of this stuff is on the QB, as well. They often put themselves in these situations.

You can research the board, but don't get your posters mixed up. I've never complained (or whined) about a hit on Schaub. It's football.

And you're probably right, though, that some might take exception. But this is our guy laying the wood on their guy, so finally that hit goes our way.

As far as your elbow comment, I won't disagree. I've seen Ray Lewis use that exact same technique for 15 years, and the NFL uses his play as an example of how to play the game. Cushing is just taking notes from the best.
Nah, I didn't mean to imply you were one of them. I just used your post as a jumping off point. I honestly don't mind either way; I just think it's funny reading the comments in this thread in general and remembering the comments when we were on the wrong end of those. Aside from the Jared Allen knee shots, I'm with you in general.

Short memories just kind of crack me up.
Old 10-31-2011   #52
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I just want the refs to be consistent. That's pretty much it...If it's a flag, call it on anyone and everyone...

If it's not, then never call it...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011   #53
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I can imagine hearing Cushing quote Patrick swayze. "You ain't seen bad yet, but it is coming"
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011   #54
eriadoc
Texan-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I just want the refs to be consistent. That's pretty much it...If it's a flag, call it on anyone and everyone...

If it's not, then never call it...
LOL, don't ask for much, do you?
Old 10-31-2011   #55
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 103388 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

You know how you prevent yourself from being stepped on? By not allowing someone to pancake you....so if i were myers or any of our o-line guys i'd simply tweet "would you like some syrup with your pancakes to make you feel better?"
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011   #56
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

It was obvious that Cush used his elbow on Gabbert's ribs. Kinda dirty but it wasn't called. QQ more, Jags. Quinn never made contact with Gabbert's head thus no call was made against him either. Gabbert's head whipped back a bit due to him hitting ground and that was not a slide. Quinn wanted to hit his head but missed by an inch.

As for the other plays, I thought it was all within the rules. Cushing used his forearm to finish off a guy, but it wasn't called so who cares.

The Jags are just whining because they suck and can see their season fading away in Week 8.
Old 10-31-2011   #57
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29607 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
It was obvious that Cush used his elbow on Gabbert's ribs. Kinda dirty but it wasn't called. QQ more, Jags. Quinn never made contact with Gabbert's head thus no call was made against him either. Gabbert's head whipped back a bit due to him hitting ground and that was not a slide. Quinn wanted to hit his head but missed by an inch.

As for the other plays, I thought it was all within the rules. Cushing used his forearm to finish off a guy, but it wasn't called so who cares.

The Jags are just whining because they suck and can see their season fading away in Week 8.
That's what I'm thinking. I'm also thinking there's a psychological aspect of not being able to pick on the lowly little brother any more, and being pissed about it.

I'm seeing the same thing with my Michigan State Spartans. We've been beaten down by Michigan for years, but suddenly, after their fourth straight beat down by us, we have been labeled as "dirty."

It all goes back to envy and not having any game.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011   #58
unabated
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 unabated is a quality contributor and well respectedunabated is a quality contributor and well respectedunabated is a quality contributor and well respectedunabated is a quality contributor and well respectedunabated is a quality contributor and well respectedunabated is a quality contributor and well respectedunabated is a quality contributor and well respectedunabated is a quality contributor and well respectedunabated is a quality contributor and well respectedunabated is a quality contributor and well respectedunabated is a quality contributor and well respected
Cool Re: Jaguars defenders accuse Texans of playing dirty

IMO the Texans need to play a little dirty, win some games, get fired up. The NFL has gotten to be a bit too touchy feely these days. Makes me wanna puke... If shots to the head are so off limits... let's go back to leather helmets. If every other tackle is a personal foul, let's get out the flags for the players to wear... BTW Suh is having a meeting with the NFL for getting called for this garbage (and being fined)... He's asking why he keeps getting called for these fouls that are normally just tackles... aggressive tackling I guess...
unabated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011   #59
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 32596 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

**** them.

I'm sick and ****ing tired of them crying. They used to cry when we had HWSNBN and Dom Davis.

I always wondered when I'd have a new team on my hate list. It's them. **** you, Jacksonville.
Old 10-31-2011   #60
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 93773 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
**** them.

I'm sick and ****ing tired of them crying. They used to cry when we had HWSNBN and Dom Davis.

I always wondered when I'd have a new team on my hate list. It's them. **** you, Jacksonville.
You just added them? I've hated them since... as long as they've been in the league.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read