Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-31-2011   #161
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 67743 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: the wave

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Then bring your ass out to Reliant & tell them to stop. Don't be sitting on your couch telling us how ignorant we are.

If you want to help the Texans win, be there & stop the wave.
if it was only that easy

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011   #162
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
1. what we were doing was working. 21 pts (shoulda been 24) thru 3 q's against a stellar D. sorry if winning football bores you. you mightnt enjoy the rest of the season

2. ask the ravens how being pass happy v the jags goes for you

3. i already told you the offence had been mixing it up throwing on 1st down on two of the 5 plays on the td drive before the wave & throughout the 3 q, which shows up your 'protest' rationale as pure bs
Still, nobody said anything about being pass happy. The play calls last week were much better, get Arian open in space.

Say what you want, I was there. I personally know 30 people who were in close proximity of me & we know when to make noise & when not to make noise.

When we saw what was going on on the field, we made a conscious decision to do the wave. After the false start, we were still doing the wave because we didn't agree with the play calling or the execution.

We stopped after the fumble... I felt a little guilty & culpable..... but hey, you go ahead & make up your mind about people you don't know about a situation you don't know about, because you weren't there.
Old 10-31-2011   #163
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 89889 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

we need something to break up this animosity....

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011   #164
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Still, nobody said anything about being pass happy. The play calls last week were much better, get Arian open in space.

Say what you want, I was there. I personally know 30 people who were in close proximity of me & we know when to make noise & when not to make noise.

When we saw what was going on on the field, we made a conscious decision to do the wave. After the false start, we were still doing the wave because we didn't agree with the play calling or the execution.

We stopped after the fumble... I felt a little guilty & culpable..... but hey, you go ahead & make up your mind about people you don't know about a situation you don't know about, because you weren't there.
you were at a football game we were winning.. not some war or other atrocity so ease up on the ('you just dont understand, you werent there' *breaksdown*) scarred hero persona there

you see the same 'boring' playcalls & execution whether you're at the stadium or watching on tv (prob ever better than most of the crowd who had the sun in their eyes) so dont act like you had some insight just because you were there.

why'd you stop doing the wave? we ran the (same boring) shit out of the ball on the drive after too. why not continue your 'protest' to really show how strongly you felt then too?
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011   #165
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16635 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedGnarl View Post
Thanks for the rational thoughts, gtexan. For all of the comments here accusing other fans of being stupid, uninformed, etc. This is the most thoughtful comment I've seen.

Let's assume that the crowd noise was completely responsible for the false start penalty. This seems fair enough to me.

First, the stadium was not loud during this. It was certainly not dead quiet, but to characterize the stadium's noise level as 'loud' during the wave incident is just not accurate. In fact, it was a whisper compared to what the Texans offense is likely to experience during ANY road playoff game in the NFL.

If this offense cannot play through that low level of crowd noise, then many of you will soon have plenty more to complain about than an unruly home crowd.
I know right if the texans cant handle this then a road Playoff game u might has well chalk it up there done
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011   #166
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 14238 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

so are we doing the wave next week or not?
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011   #167
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16635 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
so are we doing the wave next week or not?
Naaaaa colt mcoy is in town what did they used 2 do at longhorn stadium lets do that LOL

On D tho so nobody cries LOL
Sponsored links
Old 10-31-2011   #168
zanth91
Rookie

Section: 327
Rep Power: 271 zanth91 is a quality contributor and well respectedzanth91 is a quality contributor and well respectedzanth91 is a quality contributor and well respectedzanth91 is a quality contributor and well respectedzanth91 is a quality contributor and well respectedzanth91 is a quality contributor and well respectedzanth91 is a quality contributor and well respectedzanth91 is a quality contributor and well respectedzanth91 is a quality contributor and well respectedzanth91 is a quality contributor and well respectedzanth91 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
I think its silly to think the wave caused the penalty or fumble. I don't like the wave because I think its outdated and played out. That's just my personal opinion. But I also think the bored argument is pretty weak too. If we're getting bored with winning then something is wrong.
I never said bored I said least interesting. We're up in the 4th and everyone knows we're running the ball. I can argue that fans were doing the wave celebrating not just the success in that game but the entire season and the fact that we're in control of the AFC South. I suspect towards the end of the season we'll see a lot of things we're not accustom to in Reliant as we've never been in this situation before (assuming we hold this lead).
Old 10-31-2011   #169
Norg
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanth91 View Post
I never said bored I said least interesting. We're up in the 4th and everyone knows we're running the ball. I can argue that fans were doing the wave celebrating not just the success in that game but the entire season and the fact that we're in control of the AFC South. I suspect towards the end of the season we'll see a lot of things we're not accustom to in Reliant as we've never been in this situation before (assuming we hold this lead).
Lets hope so after 10 years of misery .....right now this feels good its like unknown terr LOL
Old 10-31-2011   #170
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 631 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
I will issue a decree. No score and 27 hours ago. The Texan Faithful (well most of them decided to do a wave) while the Texans had the ball. The football "purists" were not amused. From this day forward, in order to pacify the football "purists" moans and groans. No wave shall be established or any entertaining sound or movement shall proceed during the Texans' drive. May the Good Lord have mercy on all our souls.
Now that is funny.

Rep coming your way.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011   #171
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

"The wave"????

REALLY??!?! Stop it please. If anyone, ever in sections 115, 116, 117 or 118 starts "the wave" please expect a visit from my fist to your junk!!! That is all.
Old 10-31-2011   #172
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31977 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't really care if people want to start a wave. I have learned to not let small stuff like that bother me. But just a thought. It's really hard to start a wave during a defensive series in a close game since most of the stadium is standing and yelling. Just saying.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011   #173
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's see if the fans at Arrowhead Stadium start a wave tonight. Something tells me they won't.
Old 10-31-2011   #174
Kthx
All Pro

Section: Bar Table
Rep Power: 8622 Kthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
"The wave"????

REALLY??!?! Stop it please. If anyone, ever in sections 115, 116, 117 or 118 starts "the wave" please expect a visit from my fist to your junk!!! That is all.
If you were chuck norris you could just punch the wave itself.
Kthx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011   #175
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

AJ's take

Quote:
The bad:

The fans. What a terrible showing today. Arrived late, left early, sat on their hands until some fools in the upper reaches of the south end zone started the 'wave' when the Texans had the ball on a key drive in the fourth quarter. I couldn't believe my eyes and ears. The Texans had just forced a three-and-out and got the ball back in good field position with 11:35 remaining in the game. They had the lead (21-7) and the momentum, and were poised for a clock killing drive to put the Jags out of their misery. Instead, some geniuses decide that they're bored and start the wave which to my horror, picked up in intensity to the point where it caused Mike Brisiel to false start on a 2nd and 9 with 9:49 remaining. The stadium scoreboard operators frantically put up the "Quiet Offense at Work" thing on the big screen but it was too late. The clueless Texans fans/lemmings were having too much fun looking at each other and jumping up and down than to worry about what was going on with the game. One play after Brisiel's false start, Ben Tate fumbled and the momentum swung to the Jags who seven plays later cut the lead to 21-14. The Texans run a "Best Fans in the National Football League" segment before games to honor the home crowd (AC/DC's "For those about to rock, we salute you) complete with fire coming out of the chute where the players enter the field and fake crowd noise pumped in through the sound system. Best fans in the NFL? I don't think so. The Texans have a small core of great fans, but collectively they're far from the best in the NFL. What happened today was as dumb as it gets in terms of fans 'getting it.'
http://www.examiner.com/houston-texa...he-alternative
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011   #176
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

If not for the wave, we'd be talking about the offensive struggles, Kubiak's bland playcalling, or the guys taking their foot off the gas & struggling to finish games.
Old 10-31-2011   #177
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110 View Post
More fuel for the theory that with rising prices on tickets, parking, concessions, & PSLs, the Texans, and most teams, have priced out their most of their passionate and knowledgeable fans.
And boom goes the dynamite.
Old 10-31-2011   #178
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Rep Power: 30289 Luv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I'm tempted to lock this thread.
You don't have a hair on your hiney if you don't!!!

Special Thanks to False Start for the awesome sig! U Rock!
Luv_ya_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011   #179
Norg
Hall of Fame

They did show the wave on tv for a sec and also showed Kubes and that D line coach i think shake his head LOL
Old 11-01-2011   #180
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20600 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I'm tempted to lock this thread.
For the love of all Holy, please do!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read