Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-31-2011   #81
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 298525 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Non intelligent fans doing the wave.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
i hope you realise what a newbie dbag fan you sound like..if you want to be entertained go to a f'n circus.

Ouch..... you got me.
Quote:
the only way we were losing that game yesterday was turnovers. up to that point we had one turnover from passing and none from the ground game so why not just bleed the clock & win the game. sorry if you got bored. take a coloring book next time maybe

texans fans... where throwing the ball is more important than winning. you mustve loved this team in 07-09
It's not about throwing the ball, it's about not being so predictable.
Old 10-31-2011   #82
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 141560 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: the wave

I'm creating a 'Wave' app for smartphones. When you activate it shows a video of dumbasses doing the wave so you dont have to look like a dumbass doing the wave.
Old 10-31-2011   #83
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

I just find it funny that the wave is turning out to be one of the most discussed topics coming out of a winning effort for the Texans. You can't make this stuff up.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011   #84
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

Ouch..... you got me.

It's not about throwing the ball, it's about not being so predictable.
again it made perfect sense to bleed the clock and run with one of the best running games in the nfl all while reducing the risk of turnovers. good things happen when we run the ball alot (26-2 after yest when we have 30 carries). do you want me to go back to posts from last yr when we all bitched about games where we shouldve ran more?

and wasnt trying to be an internet bully but your post rly pissed me off.. 'i was bored..maybe next time they'll call better plays' just the whole general winning isnt enough vibe from your post. newbie fans think that. sorry
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011   #85
zanth91
Rookie

Section: 327
Rep Power: 271 zanth91 is a quality contributor and well respectedzanth91 is a quality contributor and well respectedzanth91 is a quality contributor and well respectedzanth91 is a quality contributor and well respectedzanth91 is a quality contributor and well respectedzanth91 is a quality contributor and well respectedzanth91 is a quality contributor and well respectedzanth91 is a quality contributor and well respectedzanth91 is a quality contributor and well respectedzanth91 is a quality contributor and well respectedzanth91 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
I just find it funny that the wave is turning out to be one of the most discussed topics coming out of a winning effort for the Texans. You can't make this stuff up.
And apparently it's wrong for the fans to try and have some fun during the least interesting part of the game. I don't recall the wave causing Tate to fumble because that was the end result of that drive.
Old 10-31-2011   #86
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
well the team did their job so nothing rly to discuss, the fans on the other hand.......

fan support will prob be a factor this season whether its in one of our big games later in the season or the (hopefully) home playoff game we finish with. its time for fans to start holding themselves as accountable as they do with the team
Old 10-31-2011   #87
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanth91 View Post
And apparently it's wrong for the fans to try and have some fun during the least interesting part of the game. I don't recall the wave causing Tate to fumble because that was the end result of that drive.
I think its silly to think the wave caused the penalty or fumble. I don't like the wave because I think its outdated and played out. That's just my personal opinion. But I also think the bored argument is pretty weak too. If we're getting bored with winning then something is wrong.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-31-2011   #88
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 141560 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This is true. For me it's because this game actually bored the hell out me. I'm happy we beat the jagholes, but it felt like we blew our wod on the first drive and it was as entertaining for me as it usually is.
Old 10-31-2011   #89
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 298525 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
again it made perfect sense to bleed the clock and run with one of the best running games in the nfl all while reducing the risk of turnovers. good things happen when we run the ball alot (26-2 after yest when we have 30 carries). do you want me to go back to posts from last yr when we all bitched about games where we shouldve ran more?

and wasnt trying to be an internet bully but your post rly pissed me off.. 'i was bored..maybe next time they'll call better plays' just the whole general winning isnt enough vibe from your post. newbie fans think that. sorry
We were going to throw the ball on third down anyway.... we need to get 1st downs as much as we need to run out the clock. Mix it up a little bit, throw it on first down. throw it on second down. run, run, pass...

c'mon.

I'm personally happy with the win, but I'm serious, people were going to the bathroom & buying nachos when we were on offense, trying to get back to their seats before the defense took the field.

That game looked a lot like the Raider game, when a lesser team hung around & beat us, because we did the same thing.

I'd have been happy if they pitched the ball to get Arian free on the edges like they did last week. Ran a couple of screens like last week. Get Arian the ball in the passing game, like last week. But running it up the middle for a 2 yard loss on 1st down.... again, & again, and again...

I did the wave, several times.
Old 10-31-2011   #90
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

What I think happened was that the Occupy Wall Street folks pooled all of their grilled cheese sales together, bought tickets to the Texans vs Jags and staged a tsunami like FU to the world.

In the words of Bodhi
Quote:
What's the matter with you guys? This was never about the Texans, this was about us against the system. That system that kills the human spirit. We stand for something. We are here to show those guys that are inching their way on the freeways in their metal coffins that the human sprit is still alive.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102685/quotes]
Old 10-31-2011   #91
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
well the team did their job so nothing rly to discuss, the fans on the other hand.......

fan support will prob be a factor this season whether its in one of our big games later in the season or the (hopefully) home playoff game we finish with. its time for fans to start holding themselves as accountable as they do with the team
I think it was in direct reflection of holding the team accountable.
Old 10-31-2011   #92
SouthSideTexan
HATER!!!!!

Section: 319 Row L
Rep Power: 400 SouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Why is this even an issue? Grow up and get over it.
Old 10-31-2011   #93
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 63823 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
What about the guy who gets out of his seat and waves his arms down to quiet down the section? Or the guy who gets up and yells first down?
Excuse me. The knowledgable fan knows it is entirely appropriate to answer, "And that's another Texans..." with:

"FIRST DOWN"

1) it is in between plays so it doesn't interfere with the tennis match
2) it celebrates the accomplishment and acknowledges the importance of another ten yards gained*
3) it doesn't leave the PA announcer hanging

*I admit that this point could be countered with the "act like you've been there before" argument.
Old 10-31-2011   #94
buckaroo_banzai
Rookie

Rep Power: 157 buckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respected

Reliant Stadium......home of the Anti-Homefield advantage
buckaroo_banzai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011   #95
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: the wave

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
Ouch. Why are you picking on me?
...and me!
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011   #96
Kthx
All Pro

Section: Bar Table
Rep Power: 8622 Kthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respected

I am pretty sure the wave was a political statement about how we weren't going to put up with socialized medicine in Texas.

That or the constant battle between light and dark.

I haven't quite figured it out yet but I plan on spending the next week discussing it here.
Kthx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011   #97
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Quote:
We were going to throw the ball on third down anyway.... we need to get 1st downs as much as we need to run out the clock. Mix it up a little bit, throw it on first down. throw it on second down. run, run, pass...

c'mon.

I'm personally happy with the win, but I'm serious, people were going to the bathroom & buying nachos when we were on offense, trying to get back to their seats before the defense took the field.

That game looked a lot like the Raider game, when a lesser team hung around & beat us, because we did the same thing.

I'd have been happy if they pitched the ball to get Arian free on the edges like they did last week. Ran a couple of screens like last week. Get Arian the ball in the passing game, like last week. But running it up the middle for a 2 yard loss on 1st down.... again, & again, and again...

I did the wave, several times.
whatever... go back and look at the play by play since you were obviously too busy watching what every1 in the stands was doing to remember what was happening in the game. on the drive before the wave, we had gotten a td because of those boring runs up the middle (mixed in with a few throws on first downs of course)

hope you enjoyed the wave. i didnt enjoy the offensive huddle and kubiak (rightfully) looking up into the stands with 'what are these dumbasses doing faces and why wont they STFU' faces/actions. it was embarassing.
Old 10-31-2011   #98
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I think it was in direct reflection of holding the team accountable.
ya win the game in their dumbass way or dont win the game at all. what a great fanbase
Old 10-31-2011   #99
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I didn't know the wave was going on. I hardly saw anyone in the seats. Just glad to know our fans were doing something because when i go to the games people ask me to actually sit down and be quiet.

However, I agree. No noise while we are on offense.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011   #100
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
ya win the game in their dumbass way or dont win the game at all. what a great fanbase
Whatever pisses you off the most.....

Look, it stupid to think we don't know what we are doing. Most of the fans in my section have been there for years. We're all PSL owners.

You go on thinking what you want while you're jerking off & watching the game on TV... switching to the other game during commercials, going to the bathroom & what not.

But if we see another game like that at home... an offense just waiting for the other team to catch up, I'll lead the wave myself.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read