Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-31-2011   #61
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17026 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: the wave

Bottom line is the Offensive was playing crap for 3 qts it was bound to happen the fan knew being quite or loud the Offensive was going to suck anywayz
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011   #62
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
Bottom line is the Offensive was playing crap for 3 qts it was bound to happen the fan knew being quite or loud the Offensive was going to suck anywayz
I have no idea what you're trying to get at right here, but ok.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011   #63
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs down Non intelligent fans doing the wave.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthSideTexan View Post
Who cares.... If someone pays for the ticket....they can do what ever they want. Last time I looked, it wasn't illegal. I didn't see anything wrong with it, it was actually fun to watch and brought back some good memories.
Hello....your team is on offense.....they want it quiet to call plays...and you want to make noise and disrupt them.....quiet...that is what they need when they are calling plays...not a bunch of people standing up screaming.....
I bet the jags fans were laughing at us.....I bet anyone watching on tv who was not a Texan fans was laughing at us......
I never liked the wave in the first place....I think it is dumb if you ask me.....

Hurt our team that is what it did....the offense needs it quiet.....you playing it difficult for your own qb to call a play and your offensive line to hear it.....cmon people......wake up.....that was just plain dumb.....

and so 80s......
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011   #64
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102657 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Non intelligent fans doing the wave.....

I think the wave is stupid, but I do agree that fans (who pay a ransom to attend games) should get to cheer however they want.

However, if the wave is more interesting to you than the football game (which our team was winning, btw) then maybe you would be better off just watching from home and saving your money. You can do the wave at home for free.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011   #65
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Texans fans are clueless sometimes, I swear.
From my one trip there, I gotta say that the football IQ seemed pretty low, compared to Huskers fan.
Old 10-31-2011   #66
zanth91
Rookie

Section: 327
Rep Power: 271 zanth91 is a quality contributor and well respectedzanth91 is a quality contributor and well respectedzanth91 is a quality contributor and well respectedzanth91 is a quality contributor and well respectedzanth91 is a quality contributor and well respectedzanth91 is a quality contributor and well respectedzanth91 is a quality contributor and well respectedzanth91 is a quality contributor and well respectedzanth91 is a quality contributor and well respectedzanth91 is a quality contributor and well respectedzanth91 is a quality contributor and well respected

The wave was no louder than whenever our offense lines up to go for it on 4th down. We're complaining about a wave that really wasn't even that loud and when we're up 21-7 in the 4th? Okay...
Old 10-31-2011   #67
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

i think this thread is another indicator of how the texans as a fanbase kinda sucks. fair play to aj for saying it in his piece because its a bit taboo.

yeah you pay your money so you can do what you want but theres plenty of ppl around the country doing the same and not doing dumb shit just because the offence is 'boring' (21 pts thru 3 q's against a very good D)

the team is winning and yet the crowd is still coming in late, leaving early etc so there goes that 'we're sick of losing' excuse thats been clung to by so many
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-31-2011   #68
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 4615 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 10-31-2011   #69
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

We need to "occupy" Reliant to picket the wave (while the team is on offense anyway).
Old 10-31-2011   #70
Craig.
Nosebleeds

Rep Power: 3280 Craig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know which is lamer - the wave or the one guy in the section that turns around to the crowd waving his arms as if to suggest get out of your seat and get loud.
Craig. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011   #71
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

So, if you are in the Bullpen, are you supposed to sit down as the wave goes by? Just wondering...
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011   #72
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig. View Post
I don't know which is lamer - the wave or the one guy in the section that turns around to the crowd waving his arms as if to suggest get out of your seat and get loud.
This one is easy........ the wave!!!!! If it was possible for me to take it out to the back and shoot it I would.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011   #73
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ouch. Why are you picking on me?
Old 10-31-2011   #74
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by rush2112mn View Post
Hello....your team is on offense.....they want it quiet to call plays...and you want to make noise and disrupt them.....quiet...that is what they need when they are calling plays...not a bunch of people standing up screaming.....
I bet the jags fans were laughing at us.....I bet anyone watching on tv who was not a Texan fans was laughing at us......
I never liked the wave in the first place....I think it is dumb if you ask me.....

Hurt our team that is what it did....the offense needs it quiet.....you playing it difficult for your own qb to call a play and your offensive line to hear it.....cmon people......wake up.....that was just plain dumb.....

and so 80s......
Good. Hopefully next time, the Texans call some good plays. 1st down, run..... 2nd down, run.... 3rd down... pass....

I got bored.

I was actually happy that we didn't resort to booing our team while we were winning.

You want the Texans to put their foot on the opponent's throat? Hopefully that's the message the Texans got from the fans having nothing better to do than the wave when our team has the ball.
Old 10-31-2011   #75
Craig.
Nosebleeds

Rep Power: 3280 Craig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
Ouch. Why are you picking on me?
That was you?
Craig. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011   #76
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What about the guy who gets out of his seat and waves his arms down to quiet down the section? Or the guy who gets up and yells first down?
Old 10-31-2011   #77
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Good. Hopefully next time, the Texans call some good plays. 1st down, run..... 2nd down, run.... 3rd down... pass....

I got bored.

I was actually happy that we didn't resort to booing our team while we were winning.

You want the Texans to put their foot on the opponent's throat? Hopefully that's the message the Texans got from the fans having nothing better to do than the wave when our team has the ball.
i hope you realise what a newbie dbag fan you sound like..if you want to be entertained go to a f'n circus.

the only way we were losing that game yesterday was turnovers. up to that point we had one turnover from passing and none from the ground game so why not just bleed the clock & win the game. sorry if you got bored. take a coloring book next time maybe

texans fans... where throwing the ball is more important than winning. you mustve loved this team in 07-09
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011   #78
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

I handle my drink better than most people handle their food. lol...Paint chips? Can't you come up with something better than ripping off Chris Farley? There's one fat cat that had no problem standing up and yelling whenever he felt like it!

This is so typical. There was little to complain about (except the offense going into full clenched sphincter mode, which is why the wave happened) so people come on and dis the wave. I dare any of the sitting down punks in this thread to start a logical assessment OF THE GAME using observations, statistical analysis, commenting on other written pieces about the game. Then we can avoid "I think you're stupid" "I think you're fat" discussions.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011   #79
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139057 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Embarrassing.

Fans!
Old 10-31-2011   #80
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

The Wave is going to make a comeback at some point...

I haven't seen a really good one in a while....

But yeah...Don't do it when your team is on offense
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read