Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-30-2011   #41
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29405 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: the wave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khari View Post
one wave....ok maybe fun...

by the time it came around a 3rd or 4th time I'm like WTF are you people doing?

Yup. The first time, it was annoying, but I ignored it. But it kept going and getting louder and louder. And we were on a serious offensive drive at that time.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011   #42
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Yup. The first time, it was annoying, but I ignored it. But it kept going and getting louder and louder. And we were on a serious offensive drive at that time.
I was pissed about the wave also. It is amazing to me that fans on the message board would be calling out fans for not participating in making noise while our offense is on the field.
Old 10-30-2011   #43
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I was at the game. Pissed me off. Ok, ONE wave around the stadium is ok (I still think it's dumb), but it kept going and going. And, as it got larger, and more people got into it, it got louder and louder. I kept yelling for people to stop.

Texans fans are clueless sometimes, I swear.
It did get annoying when people kept it going four times around the stadium.
Old 10-30-2011   #44
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 31109 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

I guess the Texans are going to blame the wave for the ben tate fumble too.. It wasn't that loud in the stadium.. what's wrong with eating some paint chips once in a while?

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011   #45
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 154760 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I always try to get a Wave going in church, sorta frustrates the pastor but not as much as when I do the Macarena to Amazing Grace. I mean look what got Billy Cyrus his 15 minutes of fame.
Old 10-30-2011   #46
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20599 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

That stupid graphic doesn't work. In fact, when we have an opposition heavy stadium (Steelers, Cowboys, Saints, etc) it actually ENCOURAGES them to be loud (as I wrote in another post).

I had long left the game before the wave, but had I been there, I probably would have done it. You can do the wave without making noise.

And from what I heard on the radio, it took them almost the whole quarter to get it right.

Lastly; maybe we should start really practicing this wave thing. If it can make our team false start, IMAGINE what it could to the visiting one?

Getting this upset at "the wave" is kinda silly.
Old 10-30-2011   #47
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 264718 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmy View Post
That stupid graphic doesn't work. In fact, when we have an opposition heavy stadium (Steelers, Cowboys, Saints, etc) it actually ENCOURAGES them to be loud (as I wrote in another post).

I had long left the game before the wave, but had I been there, I probably would have done it. You can do the wave without making noise.

And from what I heard on the radio, it took them almost the whole quarter to get it right.

Lastly; maybe we should start really practicing this wave thing. If it can make our team false start, IMAGINE what it could to the visiting one?

Actually, if you'll pay a little attention, it never encourages the fans to be loud when we have the ball. They put up a "Shhhh.. Offense at work." sign telling everyone to STFU.

You get loud when the opponent has the ball and you get quiet when our offense has the ball.

If you get loud when our team has the ball, you're screwing up. Plain and simple.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-30-2011   #48
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Rep Power: 20599 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Actually, if you'll pay a little attention, it never encourages the fans to be loud when we have the ball. They put up a "Shhhh.. Offense at work." sign telling everyone to STFU.

You get loud when the opponent has the ball and you get quiet when our offense has the ball.

If you get loud when our team has the ball, you're screwing up. Plain and simple.
I tried to spell it out for you above, bolded and in red. If you need any more help understanding, shoot me a PM
Old 10-30-2011   #49
Lucky

Rep Power: 163616 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
what's wrong with eating some paint chips once in a while?
In related news, Aramark will now offer paint chips for $6.50. Chocolate or cinnamon sprinkles optional.
Old 10-30-2011   #50
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 84240 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Instead of "offense at work", they should just throw this up: and add something like "Crazy Eyes Schaub does not approve."

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011   #51
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
Instead of "offense at work", they should just throw this up: and add something like "Crazy Eyes Schaub does not approve."
I approve of this. Also add some lasers coming out of his eyes shooting down bad fans LOL
Old 10-30-2011   #52
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 31109 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
I approve of this. Also add some lasers coming out of his eyes shooting down bad fans LOL
Lol.. that would be kind of funny.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011   #53
SouthSideTexan
HATER!!!!!

Section: 319 Row L
Rep Power: 400 SouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Um, the problem is, it got LOUD when we were on offense. You're supposed to be quiet when we're on offense. Get it? Regardless of whether someone pays for the ticket, that's Football 101.

The wave is better suited for baseball, IMO.
Give me $320 a game and I'll agree with you 100%. Until then I'm gonna do what ever I want. That's life 101... Get over it.
Old 10-30-2011   #54
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 249243 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthSideTexan View Post
Give me $320 a game and I'll agree with you 100%. Until then I'm gonna do what ever I want. That's life 101... Get over it.
They were going to run the ball. Whether it was 1st & 10, 1st & 15, 1st & 25, they were going to run the ball.

That's why no one gave a shit about watching the game. I'm like you (well, I didn't spend $320 to watch the game :embarassed but if I think doing the wave is a better use of my $150, then I'm doing the wave.

Hell, I had half a mind to go smoke a cigarette while the offense was on the field, but the wave kept me in my seat... sort of.
Old 10-30-2011   #55
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29405 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Oh, no one said you didn't have the right to do whatever you wanted. This is America. Do as you wish. We also have the right to call you a moron for screaming while the home team has the ball.

Therefore: you are a moron.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011   #56
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 62011 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You are absolutely correct; it is your money, you can do what ever you want. I guess if you wanted you could soak your ass in gasoline and set yourself on fire, but please do it when the home team is on defense.

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011   #57
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14478 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

TBO sometimes our offensive prob needs so noise i think when it qets to quite the acctually start to suck and get to nervous ya know the

RUN RUN PASS PUNT

yeah that happend like 15 times today LOL

Maybe a little noise for our offensive in the future is needed LOL
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011   #58
Sway
Veteran

Rep Power: 182 Sway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respected

We were there, took part in the wave ( my first one ever... yeah its pathetic at 30) but didn't make a ruckus out of it... Also stood up the whole game anyway. Was more than annoyed and bothered by our innept passing game, but hey- we JUST got home. Most of ya'll have been home since 5:00. The drive SUX but we do what we must to support our team, and dammit, if a wave comes around and we're almost sure of a win, then fine. But yes it was very ill timed. Should've waited until the 2:00 warning or less... eh, oh well. It's a W on our schedule last I checked.
Sway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011   #59
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14250 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Lombardi got it half right. Our fanbase is soft. But it will get better as we win big. I think there are die hard fans here, and know to be quiet on offense, but the majority of houston probably aren't familar with football fan rule 101: be quiet when you team has the ball.

I don't have a problem with anyone doing the wave when our team has the ball. Just be quiet when you do it if our team has the ball. If you can't, don't do it then. Pretty simple.

Most people don't know what it is like to grow up watching a team and learn the inherit rules. Those years we didn't have football set back the city's football IQ. We finally have a generation of fans that have grown up watching the texans, and it has been painful, but none the less that produces die hard fans that will know what to do at the stadium to give us real home field advantage.

But if this is the thread that has the most comments we must have won the game because there are no fire kubiak, hire cowher, get rid of schaub threads...
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011   #60
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Put me down as one of the people who hate the wave...... I've never liked it to be honest with you. People have a right to entertain themselves however they want to when I attend a game with them, but it doesn't mean I have to participate or like it. And it also doesn't mean I'm lesser of a fan if I don't want to participate. It's outdated and wack in my opinion. And this is only my opinion.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read