Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-30-2011   #21
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Rep Power: 21296 Luv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: the wave

I feel a thread coming on...

And after a win...who'd have thunk it?

Special Thanks to False Start for the awesome sig! U Rock!
Luv_ya_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011   #22
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath Shuler View Post
I guess you just donít get it. Go to the Texans games and yell your ass off when the home team has the ball.
lol Nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmy View Post
Did it take out anyone's diet coke?
No but my feelings were pretty hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
When the coaches and players are making the get quiet arm motion (including Schaub who was probably having problems hearing the play the way he held his helmet) and they Scoreboard guys flash 'Quiet - Offense at Work' and the wave continues and gets louder for a few minutes, well, that is asinine.

I think the crowd noise might have had something to do with the flase start and I was yelling at my section to shut the heck up because we were on offense.
Maybe when Schaub or the coaches command enough respect, people will sit down and watch quietly. Until then, enjoy your run run pass punt with a 7 point lead while sitting in a blazing hot sun and thinking you're better than everyone.

I swear to god, this must be all of the 8 people who sat down with their arms crossed.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011   #23
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 64065 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

I dont care if the crowd wants to do the cabbage patch, just make noise when the other team has the ball.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011   #24
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 49148 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
I could care less if the crowd wants to do the cabbage patch, just make noise when the other team has the ball.
I know it seems like a really simple concept, I truly donít understand why it is so hard for some to understand.

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011   #25
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21983 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Fandom 100

Have some fun.

Fandom 101

If the people around you aren't having fun, who ****ing cares? They're probably too fat to stand up for 2 seconds anyway. You can just tell them to **** themselves later on the message board.

Trust me, I don't care what YOU were doing. Personally, I drank a lot and sat in the sun and when everything but the Texans offense heated up...I could give less of a shit about people who are to stuck up their own asses to get up and scream for no reason. You are the people that need to give up your tickets and stay at home so more of us crazies have room to do whatever the **** we want.
Did you eat paint chips as a kid?
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011   #26
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 24376 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv_ya_blue View Post
I feel a thread coming on...

And after a win...who'd have thunk it?

2nd. But hey, if that's all we have to complain about.

Pretty simple - make the noise while your team is on defense... unless you sit in the sun and have paid for your tickets and by golly are showing your offense they only DESERVE to have quiet when they put forth the effort first and are trying to win a game.

Seems pretty simple.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011   #27
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Rep Power: 49148 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Personally, I drank a lot
I guess thatís all that really matters.

The Highwaymen
Sponsored links
Old 10-30-2011   #28
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzO View Post
2nd. But hey, if that's all we have to complain about.

Pretty simple - make the noise while your team is on defense... unless you sit in the sun and have paid for your tickets and by golly are showing your offense they only DESERVE to have quiet when they put forth the effort first and are trying to win a game.

Seems pretty simple.
And you are good and liquored upÖÖ.

The Highwaymen
Old 10-30-2011   #29
TxDavid
Go Coogs!

Rep Power: 1256 TxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Only fatass people in Houston would oppose standing up for 2 seconds.

If you can't wave, be a sitting down punk then. Don't knock everyone else for having a good time just because you're too insecure to have fun at a football game. That was an awesome wave and if you missed out, I feel embarrassed for you for sitting down and acting like you're better than everyone. And how about posting about it? You know what's better suited for baseball? YOU.
I stand up for the whole game, not just "two seconds".

And the wave is stupid.

But you know what's worse - making noise on offense. What are you, a Jags fan?
TxDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011   #30
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Maybe when Schaub or the coaches command enough respect, people will sit down and watch quietly. Until then, enjoy your run run pass punt with a 7 point lead while sitting in a blazing hot sun and thinking you're better than everyone.
So your point is when the offense is struggling, we should start making all kinds of noise to make it even harder for them?

Also, the offense scored 24 points and gained 350 yards against a very solid defense. How much more were you really expecting? I'm pretty sure Arena Football season is over.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011   #31
pissknocker
Veteran

Rep Power: 968 pissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respected

This thread is worthless. Oh and I did wave too it was pretty cool, although I know feel awful that it pissed so many of u off.
pissknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011   #32
TxDavid
Go Coogs!

Rep Power: 1256 TxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
I dont care if the crowd wants to do the cabbage patch, just make noise when the other team has the ball.
This.

I'm with you. Do what ever you want, just don't make noise on offense. We have enough problems winning games without our fans screwing it up.
TxDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011   #33
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 23636 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

I heard the noise on tv while the Texans had the ball (I made a couple of comments regarding the noise on the game thread as well) and couldn't understand what all the commotion was about. I thought someone was fighting in the stands or there was a streaker. I don't think I've ever seen a home team's fan do the wave while its offense has the ball! Yes you have the right to do it as long as you paid for the ticket, but the rest of us also have the right to call it dumb. If you were so bored (I don't buy that argument for even a minute) maybe you should have just left the game and did the wave in the parking lot or done it while the Jags had the ball. I was just shocked that the Texans fans were making noise while the offense has the ball. This would never happen in Indy or most other places. Bad form by the fans imo and I hope I never see the wave again while the Texans have the ball.
Old 10-30-2011   #34
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
... and I was yelling at my section to shut the heck up because we were on offense.
This gave me a chuckle.

============

As for the wave, I don't care. If the crowd cheering at the wrong time is the Texans biggest problem, they are golden.
Old 10-30-2011   #35
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 45478 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthSideTexan View Post
Who cares.... If someone pays for the ticket....they can do what ever they want. Last time I looked, it wasn't illegal. I didn't see anything wrong with it, it was actually fun to watch and brought back some good memories.
No, it's not illegal. If you want to be the dumbest f'ing d-bag on the face of the planet, you certainly have that right.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011   #36
TheDream34
Veteran

Rep Power: 557 TheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respected

The wave... way to represent us Houston fans
TheDream34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011   #37
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Football should be fun, and if the "wave" makes folks happy then so be it, just do it at the right time, when we are NOT on offense. SADLY, that was NOT the only time Texan fans got ridiculously loud when our offense was on the field. Some yahoo's in the BULLPEN started a stupid chant, but, it didn't last long. Someone must have shut them up. Just use some common sense, if anyone out there has any this day and age!

TIMEKILLER, this is for you!! TWICE in this thread you referred to FAT people as if we are bugs for you to crush when you feel like it!! I'm taking it personally, and it's really pissing me off!! I am a FATASS, I stand during most of the game, I have respect for our offense when they are on the friggin field, I DO NOT sling beer all over people when I jump up and yell at the wrong time, I am a FAT old lady who has not missed a Houston Texans home game, and I'm sick of your insults. I will tell you this also!! I would rather sit/stand by a FAT person than a DRUNK anyday!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011   #38
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Rep Power: 21296 Luv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Football should be fun, and if the "wave" makes folks happy then so be it, just do it at the right time, when we are NOT on offense. SADLY, that was NOT the only time Texan fans got ridiculously loud when our offense was on the field. Some yahoo's in the BULLPEN started a stupid chant, but, it didn't last long. Someone must have shut them up. Just use some common sense, if anyone out there has any this day and age!

TIMEKILLER, this is for you!! TWICE in this thread you referred to FAT people as if we are bugs for you to crush when you feel like it!! I'm taking it personally, and it's really pissing me off!! I am a FATASS, I stand during most of the game, I have respect for our offense when they are on the friggin field, I DO NOT sling beer all over people when I jump up and yell at the wrong time, I am a FAT old lady who has not missed a Houston Texans home game, and I'm sick of your insults. I will tell you this also!! I would rather sit/stand by a FAT person than a DRUNK anyday!!
Well said SheTex!

[/thread]

Special Thanks to False Start for the awesome sig! U Rock!
Luv_ya_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011   #39
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 17854 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

one wave....ok maybe fun...

by the time it came around a 3rd or 4th time I'm like WTF are you people doing?

Old 10-30-2011   #40
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Lame thread, lame wave, but
when the offense is at work
only yell First Down

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read