Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-05-2011   #261
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: the wave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
A poet amongst us.

If we're allowed to expand the subject a little, I'm sick of the "Army Strong" bits. Not that I don't support the troops. I do. I want them home. But what I don't like to see are these heros used as pitch men in paid infomercials. Yes, the Army pays the Texans for that spot.

Because of this, I won't stand up for these segments. I may look like an arse, but that's the way I feel. And I've looked around, and there are others who share my convictions. If the Texans would just recognize these veterans without the Army pitch, I'd be the first to stand and cheer. But for a commercial? No thanks.
You know what I hate at the Texans games? The stupid pick the play of the game early in the 4th quarter. No matter if we are winning or losing or if the game is one the line. For some reason those really piss me off. I have hopes in most games that the play of the game hasn't already happened. And when we have had a stinker of a game, that promo just feels like fingernails on a chalkboard.
Old 11-05-2011   #262
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 59496 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
I am going to the Browns game but after this whole wave-gate scandal. I'm reconsidering my decision. If I do go then rest assured that I won't do the wave at all. I guess that when people entertain themselves people will find a problem with it.
If winning football is not entertaining enough: http://www.29-95.com/

There is a quilt festival @ George R Brown
Lone Star Biker Rally down in Galveston
Tower Heist is playing @ a theater near you (somebody said it was Eddie Murphy’s funniest movie since Beverly Hills Cop, but I haven’t seen it so I can‘t confirm)
Go Tejano FanFest @ Jones Plaza

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011   #263
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txn_in_ROK View Post
Granted... WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I thought doing the wave was great as a kid and added... WOOOOOOOOO... fun to my game time experience, but now? Geez... WOOOOOOOOOOO... it gets a tad distracting and a little bit old when you have somebody... WOOOOOOOOOOO... sitting behind you going "C'mon Man, let's start the WAVE" and then acts like... WOOOOOOOOOOO... you're the jackass for thinking he's a jackass.

Why do you think an opposing... WOOOOOOOOOO... teams fan base gets loud when our offense come's on the field? It's bad enough to have them... WOOOOOOOOO... making noise, is there really a need for us to screw our own team over as well?
This is either the best post about the wave, or you were typing this while watching a NASCAR race. I can't tell which.
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011   #264
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath Shuler View Post
If winning football is not entertaining enough: http://www.29-95.com/

There is a quilt festival @ George R Brown
Lone Star Biker Rally down in Galveston
Tower Heist is playing @ a theater near you (somebody said it was Eddie Murphy’s funniest movie since Beverly Hills Cop, but I haven’t seen it so I can‘t confirm)
Go Tejano FanFest @ Jones Plaza
aww.... well that just ruined his pity party
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011   #265
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 59496 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't find anything like that entertaining.
That is why I gave the link; lots of other stuff to choose from.
Quote:
Plus winning football isn't entertaining enough for me, I guess.
All you needed to say.

Quote:
If the Texans win 2-0 than that would be enough entertainment for you. That is a win.
yep; would leave Reliant w a smile on my face

Quote:
Unlike you, I'm not happy with just anything.
Yep we are unlike; you would rather be entertained and lose (and I will never understand that)

Quote:
The Texans may win games but it isn't winning football.
That is just nonsense

Quote:
There is ugly and there is lucky.
so now it's luck,

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011   #266
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

This thread still lives???
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011   #267
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm not having a pity party but I'm tired of these people's Holier Than Thou attitude? You really need to understand my post before you speak.
ya i wasnt able to comprehend the complex layers of your post

somebody who needs a wave to enjoy his nfl experience is obviously way too intellectual for me. WWWAAAAAAAHHHHHHAAAAAYYYYYYYY. fun fun.

i dont even know why im responding to you with the intellect you showed in your last post
Sponsored links
Old 11-05-2011   #268
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 17572 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
You know what I hate at the Texans games? The stupid pick the play of the game early in the 4th quarter. No matter if we are winning or losing or if the game is one the line. For some reason those really piss me off. I have hopes in most games that the play of the game hasn't already happened. And when we have had a stinker of a game, that promo just feels like fingernails on a chalkboard.

That bugs me for sure, as well as the weatherman talking about the drive home and saying "let's hear it for our texans" when we're getting blown out.
Old 11-05-2011   #269
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14250 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't find anything like that entertaining. Plus winning football isn't entertaining enough for me, I guess. If the Texans win 2-0 than that would be enough entertainment for you. That is a win. Unlike you, I'm not happy with just anything. The Texans may win games but it isn't winning football. There is ugly and there is lucky.

Dude, really? REALLY?

Winning isn't everything; its the only thing. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winning...the_only_thing

You are new to be a Texans fan if you don't care about seeing wins. Did you just get off the Cowboys wagon? Any fan that has been watching this team for the last year and knows the history of this team doesn't care how this team wins - Just win baby.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fy8t3HYZp4

I mean, if we are all just trying to be entertained, why keep score in the game? Or any game? Because its about winning.

So my recommendation to you is to close your account, open a new one, and start over. Its ok. I won't tell anyone.
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011   #270
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 48076 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
There have been many times when this came on that I hoped the play of the game had not happened yet.
Old 11-05-2011   #271
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Lets all do the finger point of doom when we are on D kinda like what they do at duke during the basketball games
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011   #272
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7351 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
A poet amongst us.

If we're allowed to expand the subject a little, I'm sick of the "Army Strong" bits. Not that I don't support the troops. I do. I want them home. But what I don't like to see are these heros used as pitch men in paid infomercials. Yes, the Army pays the Texans for that spot.

Because of this, I won't stand up for these segments. I may look like an arse, but that's the way I feel. And I've looked around, and there are others who share my convictions. If the Texans would just recognize these veterans without the Army pitch, I'd be the first to stand and cheer. But for a commercial? No thanks.
I never realized that the Army was paying for this. I always figured we were doing to (and the NFL as a whole) as a patriotic thing. Kinda cheapens the whole thing. And does the Army really need to advertise? We all know how great they are.

I'll still give them a standing o when they do the Army Strong thing, but it kinda cheapens it for me now.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011   #273
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

the wave stops in the bull pen so it has to be 118 or 115
Old 11-05-2011   #274
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
I never realized that the Army was paying for this. I always figured we were doing to (and the NFL as a whole) as a patriotic thing. Kinda cheapens the whole thing. And does the Army really need to advertise? We all know how great they are.

I'll still give them a standing o when they do the Army Strong thing, but it kinda cheapens it for me now.
yeah, once you learn that a seemingly sincere tribute is paid for by the people you are paying tribute to makes it just feel like any other commercial infomercial.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011   #275
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansBull View Post

I mean, if we are all just trying to be entertained, why keep score in the game? Or any game? Because its about winning.
careful now, look at his username. he'd probably agree with you on that. im sure he loves watching arsenal playing pretty, entertaining (albeit losing) football/(soccer)... & im sure it eats him up that chelsea/utd play alot more 'boring' games and still coming out on top.
Old 11-05-2011   #276
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Now, let me cut to the chase. What the Texans did last Sunday was not winning football. If you play a team who is actually worth the checks they get than the Texans would lose.
It certainly wasn't losing football. The Jags are an NFL team with NFL talent. They just beat the Ratbirds. This isn't the NCAA's where you get style points for a victory. One point, fifty points...it doesn't matter and the players really don't give a crap. Some fans do though..obviously.
Quote:
Yes, if I spent over 300 dollars in tickets (which I have). Does that mean I have to settle for a win as entertainment. I guess so but I will give Texans fans a pass considering that the team hasn't really gave the fanbase much to be happy about. Every time they win a riot ensues. I've seen ugly wins. Yeah, they won but I fell asleep due to the offensive incompetence. There's defensive forcing errors and unforced errors. They were plenty of both to go around last week. So yeah they won but I wasted 300 bucks but good thing I didn't need to scratch up every dime and nickel for that. Just go spend 400 bucks the next home game.
The Jags play some pretty good defense, they need a QB and some Wr's but they have just as much talent on that defense as we do on ours. I suggest you spend less on game tickets until you get a better grasp of the game if you felt that was a waste. In the NFL teams are too close in talent for the bad teams to just roll over when a good team comes in to their home. For instance in College, there is a massive talent gap between Rice and LSU, and LSU gets style points (BCS crapola) for beating teams with inferior talent 50-7. Perhaps NCAA football is what you need to spend your bucks on. Make sure you only attend games where one Big time program has a decisive talent advantage over a smaller University so that you may see a 50-7 game like you prefer. Otherwise its gonna be a waste of your time.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011   #277
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 51245 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Secondly, due to the lack of televised games of soccer
Yeah, and we know how entertaining soccer is.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011   #278
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 51315 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I did not call you a name. If my post was perceived that way, I apologize, as it was not my intent...unless, of course, you were the drunk doofus that started the wave to begin with.
Heeeey!!! I refuse to be held responsible for what I do while drinking.

But seriously, who's the bigger doofus? The drunk guy who starts the wave or the 60 thousand that follow the drunk guys lead?

TEXANRED is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011   #279
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

There would be a different feeling here had we lost the game. The raider game is the most recent example. There would be a hundred threads about the Texans playing for only one half, allowing a lesser team to come back in the second half, not putting their foot on the opponents throat, not finishing games

I'll say it again. It wasn't that the 60,000 didn't know any better. They were disenchanted with the offense.
Old 11-06-2011   #280
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
There would be a different feeling here had we lost the game. The raider game is the most recent example. There would be a hundred threads about the Texans playing for only one half, allowing a lesser team to come back in the second half, not putting their foot on the opponents throat, not finishing games

I'll say it again. It wasn't that the 60,000 didn't know any better. They were disenchanted with the offense.
you're not exactly going out on a limb saying there'd be venting threads after a loss..there always is

but il say it again too- the only way we were going to lose that game was turnovers....which had only happened by throwing it up to that point of when the wave started. how is putting the ball in our best players hands and playing to the strength of our offence to decide the game bad offence? i think how the game ended vindicated the decision also si ya i would say it was because the 60k didnt know better

how about this: There would be a different feeling here had we lost the game through interceptions etc. at least it wouldve been entertaining enough for you though

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read