Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

the wave

Who cares.... If someone pays for the ticket....they can do what ever they want. Last time I looked, it wasn't illegal. I didn't see anything wrong with it, it was actually fun to watch and brought back some good memories.

I was at the game. Pissed me off. Ok, ONE wave around the stadium is ok (I still think it's dumb), but it kept going and going. And, as it got larger, and more people got into it, it got louder and louder. I kept yelling for people to stop.

Texans fans are clueless sometimes, I swear.

Who cares.... If someone pays for the ticket....they can do what ever they want. Last time I looked, it wasn't illegal. I didn't see anything wrong with it, it was actually fun to watch and brought back some good memories.

Um, the problem is, it got LOUD when we were on offense. You're supposed to be quiet when we're on offense. Get it? Regardless of whether someone pays for the ticket, that's Football 101.

The wave is better suited for baseball, IMO.

Its pretty basic; when the Texans have the ball, the crowd should be quiet. Did you see the false start penalty on the Texans? Do I really need to explain this to you?

Only fatass people in Houston would oppose standing up for 2 seconds.

If you can't wave, be a sitting down punk then. Don't knock everyone else for having a good time just because you're too insecure to have fun at a football game. That was an awesome wave and if you missed out, I feel embarrassed for you for sitting down and acting like you're better than everyone. And how about posting about it? You know what's better suited for baseball? YOU.

To all that are doing the wave at Reliant: stop; just stop (especially when we are on offense).
:toropalm:

I was at the game. I know it's wrong to make noise when we're on offense & for the most part, all the fans do as well.

So none of you guys sitting at home, don't be acting like you know your **** & we should be more like you.

If you want to blame anybody for the wave while we're on offense, blame your offense. Usually they do the wave when we are on defense, but nobody wants to miss a snap when the Texans are on defense.

Offense.... the offense needs to do something before they go blaming the fans, we gave them 3 Qtrs, we were getting bored.

:spin:

If you can't wave, be a sitting down punk then. Don't knock everyone else for having a good time just because you're too insecure to have fun at a football game. That was an awesome wave and if you missed out, I feel embarrassed for you for sitting down and acting like you're better than everyone. And how about posting about it? You know what's better suited for baseball? YOU.

I don't think it was the wave in and of itself. It was WHEN the crowd decided to do it. The home team is supposed to make noise when our guys are on defense, not when we're on offense. Wave all you want when THEY have the ball.

Like someone said, that's fandom 101.

Lol.

Oh trust me, I was standing up and LOUD during most of the game. But, guess what, I was loud when we were on DEFENSE.

When your team has the ball: quiet.
When the other team has the ball: loud.

Why is that so hard for people to understand?

Are y'all telling me that fans in the stands doing the WAVE caused a false start for the Texans?

Damn, we're worse than I thought we were .....

I was at the game.
as was I

I know it's wrong to make noise when we're on offense
then don't

So none of you guys sitting at home, don't be acting like you know your **** & we should be more like you.

If you want to blame anybody for the wave while we're on offense, blame your offense. Usually they do the wave when we are on defense, but nobody wants to miss a snap when the Texans are on defense.

Offense.... the offense needs to do something before they go blaming the fans, we gave them 3 Qtrs, we were getting bored.

???

your right, its the fans perogative, but, in this instance, when the texans are on offense, i have to agree...its stupid.

Fandom 100

Have some fun.

Fandom 101

If the people around you aren't having fun, who ****ing cares? They're probably too fat to stand up for 2 seconds anyway. You can just tell them to **** themselves later on the message board.

Trust me, I don't care what YOU were doing. Personally, I drank a lot and sat in the sun and when everything but the Texans offense heated up...I could give less of a **** about people who are to stuck up their own asses to get up and scream for no reason. You are the people that need to give up your tickets and stay at home so more of us crazies have room to do whatever the **** we want.

I guess you just don’t get it. Go to the Texans games and yell your ass off when the home team has the ball.

When the coaches and players are making the get quiet arm motion (including Schaub who was probably having problems hearing the play the way he held his helmet) and they Scoreboard guys flash 'Quiet - Offense at Work' and the wave continues and gets louder for a few minutes, well, that is asinine.

I think the crowd noise might have had something to do with the flase start and I was yelling at my section to shut the heck up because we were on offense.

I guess you just don’t get it. Go to the Texans games and yell your ass off when the home team has the ball.

lol :thisbig: Nice.

Did it take out anyone's diet coke?

No but my feelings were pretty hurt. :thisbig:

When the coaches and players are making the get quiet arm motion (including Schaub who was probably having problems hearing the play the way he held his helmet) and they Scoreboard guys flash 'Quiet - Offense at Work' and the wave continues and gets louder for a few minutes, well, that is asinine.

I think the crowd noise might have had something to do with the flase start and I was yelling at my section to shut the heck up because we were on offense.

Maybe when Schaub or the coaches command enough respect, people will sit down and watch quietly. Until then, enjoy your run run pass punt with a 7 point lead while sitting in a blazing hot sun and thinking you're better than everyone.

I swear to god, this must be all of the 8 people who sat down with their arms crossed.

Fandom 100

Have some fun.

Fandom 101

If the people around you aren't having fun, who ****ing cares? They're probably too fat to stand up for 2 seconds anyway. You can just tell them to **** themselves later on the message board.

Trust me, I don't care what YOU were doing. Personally, I drank a lot and sat in the sun and when everything but the Texans offense heated up...I could give less of a **** about people who are to stuck up their own asses to get up and scream for no reason. You are the people that need to give up your tickets and stay at home so more of us crazies have room to do whatever the **** we want.

Did you eat paint chips as a kid?

I feel a thread :locked: coming on...

And after a win...who'd have thunk it?

:kitten:

2nd. But hey, if that's all we have to complain about.

Pretty simple - make the noise while your team is on defense... unless you sit in the sun and have paid for your tickets and by golly are showing your offense they only DESERVE to have quiet when they put forth the effort first and are trying to win a game.

Seems pretty simple.
:fingergun:

2nd. But hey, if that's all we have to complain about.

Pretty simple - make the noise while your team is on defense... unless you sit in the sun and have paid for your tickets and by golly are showing your offense they only DESERVE to have quiet when they put forth the effort first and are trying to win a game.

Seems pretty simple.
:fingergun:

And you are good and liquored up…….

I stand up for the whole game, not just "two seconds".

And the wave is stupid.

But you know what's worse - making noise on offense. What are you, a Jags fan?

Maybe when Schaub or the coaches command enough respect, people will sit down and watch quietly. Until then, enjoy your run run pass punt with a 7 point lead while sitting in a blazing hot sun and thinking you're better than everyone.

So your point is when the offense is struggling, we should start making all kinds of noise to make it even harder for them? :confused:

Also, the offense scored 24 points and gained 350 yards against a very solid defense. How much more were you really expecting? I'm pretty sure Arena Football season is over.

I heard the noise on tv while the Texans had the ball (I made a couple of comments regarding the noise on the game thread as well) and couldn't understand what all the commotion was about. I thought someone was fighting in the stands or there was a streaker. I don't think I've ever seen a home team's fan do the wave while its offense has the ball! Yes you have the right to do it as long as you paid for the ticket, but the rest of us also have the right to call it dumb. If you were so bored (I don't buy that argument for even a minute) maybe you should have just left the game and did the wave in the parking lot or done it while the Jags had the ball. I was just shocked that the Texans fans were making noise while the offense has the ball. This would never happen in Indy or most other places. Bad form by the fans imo and I hope I never see the wave again while the Texans have the ball.

... and I was yelling at my section to shut the heck up because we were on offense.

This gave me a chuckle.

============

As for the wave, I don't care. If the crowd cheering at the wrong time is the Texans biggest problem, they are golden.

No, it's not illegal. If you want to be the dumbest f'ing d-bag on the face of the planet, you certainly have that right.

Football should be fun, and if the "wave" makes folks happy then so be it, just do it at the right time, when we are NOT on offense. SADLY, that was NOT the only time Texan fans got ridiculously loud when our offense was on the field. Some yahoo's in the BULLPEN started a stupid chant, but, it didn't last long. Someone must have shut them up. Just use some common sense, if anyone out there has any this day and age!

TIMEKILLER, this is for you!! TWICE in this thread you referred to FAT people as if we are bugs for you to crush when you feel like it!! I'm taking it personally, and it's really pissing me off!! I am a FATASS, I stand during most of the game, I have respect for our offense when they are on the friggin field, I DO NOT sling beer all over people when I jump up and yell at the wrong time, I am a FAT old lady who has not missed a Houston Texans home game, and I'm sick of your insults. I will tell you this also!! I would rather sit/stand by a FAT person than a DRUNK anyday!!

Football should be fun, and if the "wave" makes folks happy then so be it, just do it at the right time, when we are NOT on offense. SADLY, that was NOT the only time Texan fans got ridiculously loud when our offense was on the field. Some yahoo's in the BULLPEN started a stupid chant, but, it didn't last long. Someone must have shut them up. Just use some common sense, if anyone out there has any this day and age!

TIMEKILLER, this is for you!! TWICE in this thread you referred to FAT people as if we are bugs for you to crush when you feel like it!! I'm taking it personally, and it's really pissing me off!! I am a FATASS, I stand during most of the game, I have respect for our offense when they are on the friggin field, I DO NOT sling beer all over people when I jump up and yell at the wrong time, I am a FAT old lady who has not missed a Houston Texans home game, and I'm sick of your insults. I will tell you this also!! I would rather sit/stand by a FAT person than a DRUNK anyday!!

Well said SheTex!

[/thread]:locked:

one wave....ok maybe fun...

by the time it came around a 3rd or 4th time I'm like WTF are you people doing?

:spy:

one wave....ok maybe fun...

by the time it came around a 3rd or 4th time I'm like WTF are you people doing?

:spy:

Yup. The first time, it was annoying, but I ignored it. But it kept going and getting louder and louder. And we were on a serious offensive drive at that time.

Yup. The first time, it was annoying, but I ignored it. But it kept going and getting louder and louder. And we were on a serious offensive drive at that time.

I was pissed about the wave also. It is amazing to me that fans on the message board would be calling out fans for not participating in making noise while our offense is on the field.

I was at the game. Pissed me off. Ok, ONE wave around the stadium is ok (I still think it's dumb), but it kept going and going. And, as it got larger, and more people got into it, it got louder and louder. I kept yelling for people to stop.

Texans fans are clueless sometimes, I swear.

It did get annoying when people kept it going four times around the stadium.

I guess the Texans are going to blame the wave for the ben tate fumble too.. It wasn't that loud in the stadium.. what's wrong with eating some paint chips once in a while?

:spin:

I always try to get a Wave going in church, sorta frustrates the pastor but not as much as when I do the Macarena to Amazing Grace. I mean look what got Billy Cyrus his 15 minutes of fame.

That stupid graphic doesn't work. In fact, when we have an opposition heavy stadium (Steelers, Cowboys, Saints, etc) it actually ENCOURAGES them to be loud (as I wrote in another post).

I had long left the game before the wave, but had I been there, I probably would have done it. You can do the wave without making noise.

And from what I heard on the radio, it took them almost the whole quarter to get it right.

Lastly; maybe we should start really practicing this wave thing. If it can make our team false start, IMAGINE what it could to the visiting one? :sarcasm:

Getting this upset at "the wave" is kinda silly.

That stupid graphic doesn't work. In fact, when we have an opposition heavy stadium (Steelers, Cowboys, Saints, etc) it actually ENCOURAGES them to be loud (as I wrote in another post).

I had long left the game before the wave, but had I been there, I probably would have done it. You can do the wave without making noise.

And from what I heard on the radio, it took them almost the whole quarter to get it right.

Lastly; maybe we should start really practicing this wave thing. If it can make our team false start, IMAGINE what it could to the visiting one? :sarcasm:

Actually, if you'll pay a little attention, it never encourages the fans to be loud when we have the ball. They put up a "Shhhh.. Offense at work." sign telling everyone to STFU.

You get loud when the opponent has the ball and you get quiet when our offense has the ball.

If you get loud when our team has the ball, you're screwing up. Plain and simple.

Actually, if you'll pay a little attention, it never encourages the fans to be loud when we have the ball. They put up a "Shhhh.. Offense at work." sign telling everyone to STFU.

You get loud when the opponent has the ball and you get quiet when our offense has the ball.

If you get loud when our team has the ball, you're screwing up. Plain and simple.

I tried to spell it out for you above, bolded and in red. If you need any more help understanding, shoot me a PM :)

Instead of "offense at work", they should just throw this up:
crazyeyes8.png
and add something like "Crazy Eyes Schaub does not approve." :heh:

Back