Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-30-2011   #1
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 49148 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected
Default the wave

To all that are doing the wave at Reliant: stop; just stop (especially when we are on offense).

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011   #2
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 68059 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: the wave

Exactly! WTF was that all about?

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011   #3
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Rep Power: 21296 Luv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respected

People still do that?

Bwahahahaha!

Special Thanks to False Start for the awesome sig! U Rock!
Luv_ya_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011   #4
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Rep Power: 49148 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
Exactly! WTF was that all about?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv_ya_blue View Post
People still do that?

Bwahahahaha!
It’s freakin embarrassing.

The Highwaymen
Old 10-30-2011   #5
SouthSideTexan
HATER!!!!!

Section: 319 Row L
Rep Power: 400 SouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Who cares.... If someone pays for the ticket....they can do what ever they want. Last time I looked, it wasn't illegal. I didn't see anything wrong with it, it was actually fun to watch and brought back some good memories.
Old 10-30-2011   #6
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21983 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

I was at the game. Pissed me off. Ok, ONE wave around the stadium is ok (I still think it's dumb), but it kept going and going. And, as it got larger, and more people got into it, it got louder and louder. I kept yelling for people to stop.

Texans fans are clueless sometimes, I swear.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011   #7
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21983 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthSideTexan View Post
Who cares.... If someone pays for the ticket....they can do what ever they want. Last time I looked, it wasn't illegal. I didn't see anything wrong with it, it was actually fun to watch and brought back some good memories.
Um, the problem is, it got LOUD when we were on offense. You're supposed to be quiet when we're on offense. Get it? Regardless of whether someone pays for the ticket, that's Football 101.

The wave is better suited for baseball, IMO.
Sponsored links
Old 10-30-2011   #8
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthSideTexan View Post
Its pretty basic; when the Texans have the ball, the crowd should be quiet. Did you see the false start penalty on the Texans? Do I really need to explain this to you?

The Highwaymen
Old 10-30-2011   #9
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Only fatass people in Houston would oppose standing up for 2 seconds.

If you can't wave, be a sitting down punk then. Don't knock everyone else for having a good time just because you're too insecure to have fun at a football game. That was an awesome wave and if you missed out, I feel embarrassed for you for sitting down and acting like you're better than everyone. And how about posting about it? You know what's better suited for baseball? YOU.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011   #10
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath Shuler View Post
To all that are doing the wave at Reliant: stop; just stop (especially when we are on offense).
I was at the game. I know it's wrong to make noise when we're on offense & for the most part, all the fans do as well.

So none of you guys sitting at home, don't be acting like you know your shit & we should be more like you.

If you want to blame anybody for the wave while we're on offense, blame your offense. Usually they do the wave when we are on defense, but nobody wants to miss a snap when the Texans are on defense.

Offense.... the offense needs to do something before they go blaming the fans, we gave them 3 Qtrs, we were getting bored.

Old 10-30-2011   #11
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 192752 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post

If you can't wave, be a sitting down punk then. Don't knock everyone else for having a good time just because you're too insecure to have fun at a football game. That was an awesome wave and if you missed out, I feel embarrassed for you for sitting down and acting like you're better than everyone. And how about posting about it? You know what's better suited for baseball? YOU.
I don't think it was the wave in and of itself. It was WHEN the crowd decided to do it. The home team is supposed to make noise when our guys are on defense, not when we're on offense. Wave all you want when THEY have the ball.

Like someone said, that's fandom 101.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011   #12
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Quote:

Lol.

Oh trust me, I was standing up and LOUD during most of the game. But, guess what, I was loud when we were on DEFENSE.

When your team has the ball: quiet.
When the other team has the ball: loud.

Why is that so hard for people to understand?
Old 10-30-2011   #13
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20599 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Are y'all telling me that fans in the stands doing the WAVE caused a false start for the Texans?

Damn, we're worse than I thought we were .....
Old 10-30-2011   #14
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I was at the game.
as was I

Quote:
I know it's wrong to make noise when we're on offense
then don't

Quote:
So none of you guys sitting at home, don't be acting like you know your shit & we should be more like you.

If you want to blame anybody for the wave while we're on offense, blame your offense. Usually they do the wave when we are on defense, but nobody wants to miss a snap when the Texans are on defense.

Offense.... the offense needs to do something before they go blaming the fans, we gave them 3 Qtrs, we were getting bored.

???

The Highwaymen
Old 10-30-2011   #15
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

your right, its the fans perogative, but, in this instance, when the texans are on offense, i have to agree...its stupid.
Old 10-30-2011   #16
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmy View Post
Are y'all telling me that fans in the stands doing the WAVE caused a false start for the Texans?

Damn, we're worse than I thought we were .....
Yes, we did.
Old 10-30-2011   #17
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Fandom 100

Have some fun.

Fandom 101

If the people around you aren't having fun, who ****ing cares? They're probably too fat to stand up for 2 seconds anyway. You can just tell them to **** themselves later on the message board.

Trust me, I don't care what YOU were doing. Personally, I drank a lot and sat in the sun and when everything but the Texans offense heated up...I could give less of a shit about people who are to stuck up their own asses to get up and scream for no reason. You are the people that need to give up your tickets and stay at home so more of us crazies have room to do whatever the **** we want.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011   #18
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Quote:

I guess you just don’t get it. Go to the Texans games and yell your ass off when the home team has the ball.

The Highwaymen
Old 10-30-2011   #19
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20599 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Did it take out anyone's diet coke?
Old 10-30-2011   #20
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: the wave

When the coaches and players are making the get quiet arm motion (including Schaub who was probably having problems hearing the play the way he held his helmet) and they Scoreboard guys flash 'Quiet - Offense at Work' and the wave continues and gets louder for a few minutes, well, that is asinine.

I think the crowd noise might have had something to do with the flase start and I was yelling at my section to shut the heck up because we were on offense.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read