Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-01-2011   #41
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: LB Corps are being Decimated

I cannot believe Lofa Tatupu is still unsigned. That guy fell just as hard as VY. Just goes to show you that you're only as good as your last game in this league. Matt Wilhelm played for Wade in San Diego, but I'm not sure if he's even been on a roster the past few years.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011   #42
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
I cannot believe Lofa Tatupu is still unsigned. That guy fell just as hard as VY. Just goes to show you that you're only as good as your last game in this league. Matt Wilhelm played for Wade in San Diego, but I'm not sure if he's even been on a roster the past few years.
Was he injured or did he just stop playing well? Wasn't he a Probowler before?
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #43
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 191099 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
How is our injury situation different than any other team in the league?

Seriously ..... How exactly are we faring worse than other teams in the league. You guys are all into stats. I wanna see some evidence that we are getting more injuries than other teams.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Name another team that has lost the calibur of player the Texans have in MW , AJ , Foster , Manning.

Lots of teams have injuries , the lucky teams avoid injuries to key players.

Sure GB lost a ton of player games to injury last year but they lost no one nearly as significant to their team as AJ , MW or Foster.
Bump - I want an answer to my question ....

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #44
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64231 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

You're not gonna get one.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #45
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80254 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Bump - I want an answer to my question ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
You're not gonna get one.
Wanna bet?

You check all the other message boards of other teams, and you're going to see certain fans cry babying about how their team is faring worse than other teams.

Stop cry babying about the injury situation. How's that for an answer.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #46
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Does this mean we dont make the playoffs and kubes gets another excuse : P

Looks at the steelers 3 of there lbers are hurt and there like 6-2.
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #47
80tothezone
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5079 80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Wanna bet?

You check all the other message boards of other teams, and you're going to see certain fans cry babying about how their team is faring worse than other teams.

I think most people talk about OUR injuries because they are to key players and as a reaction to the people on the MB who say we have a garbage team because we lost to the raiders and the ravens. I mean if you were to choose players on the team that, should avoid injury at all costs well they sittin on IR or on sat out several games this season. Not to "cry" about it but to say we playing well considering...
Old 11-02-2011   #48
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 191099 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Wanna bet?

No , you didnt give an answer because .... you cant come up with a team who has lost arguably its best player on both sides of the ball.

The are only two team's who have been hit with injuries to players as significant as the Texans is ....
The Raiders who lost their QB and their star RB for a stretch.
And the Dolts .... who lost their QB.

Look how those teams have fared since those injuries ...... 0-fer.

I wasnt crying about the injury situation , just asking you a question since you were asking for evidence we had more injuries. I was making the point that its not about the sheer volume but the quality of the players lost to injury ..... Kinda like the GB team who won last years SB , they lost a lot of players but no one significant.

The Texans have held it together for the most part since losing MW , AJ and Manning ..... they have a reasonable amount of talent available to take up the slack .... tho the TE's have been the guy's to pick it up in place of AJ rather than JJ his replacement (Tho he did have a decent game against the Jags).

Old 11-02-2011   #49
Naiirb
All Pro

Rep Power: 2725 Naiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

The are only two team's who have been hit with injuries to players as significant as the Texans is ....
The Raiders who lost their QB and their star RB for a stretch.
And the Dolts .... who lost their QB.

Look how those teams have fared since those injuries ...... 0-fer.
I would add the Chiefs to that list. Losing Eric Berry and Jamal Charles who are significant players for both sides of that team hurts.

But i do agree the Texans have have been hit hardest in the league.
Naiirb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #50
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84496 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Peyton Manning is the Colts franchise.

Steelers lost for the season or a few games.

Their LT, LG, Mendenhal, Ward

Aaron Smith, Harrison, Hampton, Farrior
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011   #51
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80254 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naiirb View Post
I would add the Chiefs to that list. Losing Eric Berry and Jamal Charles who are significant players for both sides of that team hurts.

I DON'T agree with that, because I'm being objective about it. Ask a Steelers fan if he thinks the Texans are faring worse than his team? Or a Colts fan, or a Chiefs fan.

We are still playing well because our major injuries, unlike other teams, are not happening on the defensive or offensive lines, and it's the battle upfront, in the trenches, that separates the winning teams and the losing teams.

And guess what? The season isn't even half over. More people are going to get hurt. And we're probably going to have more players get lost for the season. That's the NFL.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011   #52
Naiirb
All Pro

Rep Power: 2725 Naiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I DON'T agree with that, because I'm being objective about it. Ask a Steelers fan if he thinks the Texans are faring worse than his team? Or a Colts fan, or a Chiefs fan.
Ok you can make an argument on all the teams listed. But If you stop trying to play the non homer card you'll realize that our team has been one of the harder hit teams in the league by injuries. Losing Andre and Mario who have been our best players on their respective side of the ball, our starting Safety in Manning, basically all of our running backs to start the season, and now Sharpton who has been playing significant time behind DeMeco have/is going to be significant down the road.

Quote:
We are still playing well because our major injuries, unlike other teams, are not happening on the defensive or offensive lines, and it's the battle upfront, in the trenches, that separates the winning teams and the losing teams.
So i guess Mario and the impact he creates dosent count here? Im sure Cowboys and Vikings fans would agree if they lost Ware or Allen it would be no big deal compared to all the other teams losing players.

Quote:
And guess what? The season isn't even half over. More people are going to get hurt. And we're probably going to have more players get lost for the season. That's the NFL.
The season is half over for us, we've played 8 games. And how can you seriously say we're probably going to lose more players? I can just as easily say we wont lose anymore players. Pretty dumb statement.

Last edited by Naiirb; 11-03-2011 at 02:24 AM.
Naiirb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011   #53
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 248395 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naiirb View Post

Jamal Charles, definitely as he was their offense. Eric Berry? Though he is one of their better defenders, I don't know that he "defines" that defense. I don't know who does...

At the same time, our success on defense (we're not just getting by, we're pretty damn good on defense) shows that Mario does not define our defense as he has in the past.

fiffy...
Old 11-03-2011   #54
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 248395 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post

Steelers lost for the season or a few games.

Their LT, LG, Mendenhal, Ward

Aaron Smith, Harrison, Hampton, Farrior
Most of those guys are role players. We got no credit when we lost DBrown for four games, didn't we lose Brisiel for a couple? Ward is what their 2nd/3rd receiver? I know he plays bigger than that, but that shows what kind of talent they have at WR.

The Steelers are just flat out a better franchise. But to be comparable to what we lost, in a lot of people's mind, they have to lose Rothlisberger (which they did last year & it was impressive they still won), Harrison & Palamalu (except we don't have a player comparable to Palamalu).
Old 11-03-2011   #55
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Most of those guys are role players. We got no credit when we lost DBrown for four games, didn't we lose Brisiel for a couple? Ward is what their 2nd/3rd receiver? I know he plays bigger than that, but that shows what kind of talent they have at WR.

The Steelers are just flat out a better franchise. But to be comparable to what we lost, in a lot of people's mind, they have to lose Rothlisberger (which they did last year & it was impressive they still won), Harrison & Palamalu (except we don't have a player comparable to Palamalu).
This is what Im getting at - No one has really lost the calibur of player that the Texans have .... and for the Steelers , when they were playing for all the marbles , they had those guys pn the field.

Every team has lost someone .... but name another thats lost two Pro Bowlers , arguably their best players on either side of the ball ..... and continued to put up W's.

But hey , they are still putting up W's .... thats all I give a damn about.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read