Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-29-2011   #1
Air Canada
Veteran

Rep Power: 790 Air Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Upset Special?! No Sir...

Really Simmons?

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...power-rankings

His picks at the bottom....

Quote:
Jaguars (+9.5) over TEXANS

"The Jags can run the ball and play defense — throw away Cincy's stupid fumble return off a desperation lateral in Week 5 and they've given up seven touchdowns total in the past five weeks to Carolina, New Orleans, Cincy, Pittsburgh and Baltimore. Meanwhile, a struggling Houston team beat up the punchless Titans and they're suddenly a juggernaut again? Really? (Thinking.) You know what? I'm making this my Upset Special of 2011: Jaguars 20, Texans 19. Come on, Sunshine Ronny Bass! Take my fake +350 moneyline bet home!"
After we just killed the Titans... We must destroy the Jags Sunday..
Air Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011   #2
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 51708 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82
Default Re: Upset Special?! No Sir...

He's also only 3 games over 500.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011   #3
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Canada View Post
Really Simmons?

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...power-rankings

His picks at the bottom....

After we just killed the Titans... We must destroy the Jags Sunday..
We must destroy the Jags.... I do agree with his take on the Jaguars, it's totally within the realm of possibility that they can beat us. They've got a good defense (Baltimore hung 30 on us) New Orleans put 40 on us....

I honestly have no clue what will happen in this game. I know I will be surprised by the outcome. Losing to the 2-5 Jags, or taking a commanding lead in the division.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
He's also only 3 games over 500.
Lucky.... maybe one day we'll be 3 games over .500
Old 10-29-2011   #4
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Chalk it up as a win.

Jags can't hold us enough for there offense to keep up.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011   #5
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think the Jags match up well vs the Texans. As long as we get good S play (not missing many tackles) I don't see the Jags getting the job done on Sunday. We will jam up the gaps and force Gabbert to beat us with his weak cast of wr's. It ain't gonna happen. The Jags play good conventional ball on defense but I think the Texans spread it around too well and will be able to sustain drives on them if Kubiak can keep them guessing r/p.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011   #6
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 110127 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I see the Jags hanging 150 rushing yards on us, but that alone does not a win make. I agree that our O will put the game just out of reach of the Jags.

However, even if we were playing Bob's Nursing Home and Hair Care Center I worry.
Old 10-29-2011   #7
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 7520 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
I see the Jags hanging 150 rushing yards on us, but that alone does not a win make. I agree that our O will put the game just out of reach of the Jags.

However, even if we were playing Bob's Nursing Home and Hair Care Center I worry.
wtf? trippin
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-29-2011   #8
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 110127 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaJokaa View Post
wtf? trippin
If you disagree you'll need to give me more than that. Besides, it's just an opinion of what might happen tomorrow so I wouldn't throw too big a stone. Nice capitalization there, young 'un.
Old 10-29-2011   #9
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 64065 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

U B trippin YO!

Seriously though, I wouldn't put it past this team to pull up lame and lose, but I doubt it will happen.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011   #10
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
U B trippin YO!

Seriously though, I wouldn't put it past this team to pull up lame and lose, but I doubt it will happen.
Would it be beyond the Jags to nut up & play the game of their lives?
Old 10-29-2011   #11
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 235987 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Canada View Post
Really Simmons?
Basketball writers miss NBA.
Old 10-29-2011   #12
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21983 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

My only concern is that, for some reason, Jack Del Rio always has Gary Kubiak's number. Kubiak can be loaded down with all the talent in the world, but somehow, Del Rio knows what buttons to push and how to punch him right in his mouth.

Del Rio knows that Kubiak is a weak, simple-minded coach.

Let's hope this changes tomorrow.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011   #13
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 172541 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The problem with that (assuming it happens like you say) is that eats clock and keeps our offense chillin' on the sideline. The Jags love to just hang around and keep the game close so they can steal the win at the end of the game. Jeff Fisher used to do that crap too. Hated it.

Quote:
You should be worried. Nurse Ratchet ain't nobody to mess wiff...
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011   #14
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 35346 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
My only concern is that, for some reason, Jack Del Rio always has Gary Kubiak's number. Kubiak can be loaded down with all the talent in the world, but somehow, Del Rio knows what buttons to push and how to punch him right in his mouth.

How is he against Wade Phillip's defenses?
Old 10-29-2011   #15
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21983 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasTom View Post
How is he against Wade Phillip's defenses?
Good question.

Funny you ask that, because after I wrote that, I thought that should have added: "Hopefully, Wade will shut Del Rio down."

I don't know Del Rio's history against Wade.

I'm hoping Wade will destroy that rookie quarterback.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011   #16
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

I think we should be concerned because Baltimore runs a zone offense similar to ours. They have big bodies muscling people off the line, so they don't cut block like we do, but it's the same concept.

However, we've been working on getting Arian the ball in space over the last two games, vs Tennessee we did a damn good job of it.
Old 10-29-2011   #17
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Would it be beyond the Jags to nut up & play the game of their lives?
No, it wouldn't. The real question here though is would it be beyond the Texans to do that?

I think that for the second week in a row the Texans dominate an opponent utterly. This won't be another 40 point effort but I think we're going to see the Texans control this one entirely and win by more than 10 points.

We're going to shut down MJD and then feed on the rookie QB and his very ordinary receiving corps.
Old 10-29-2011   #18
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post

In 10 contests, the Jaguars have won 5 and the Texans have won 5. You could argue that we could have won more (the OT game, the knock-it-down game, the halfback pass game) and that we could have lost more (the 42-28 game with the Jags resting their starters.)

In those games, we've outscored them 256 to 231.

But we've ruined the Jag's play-off chances at least 2 seasons since Kubiak has been here.

Del Rio has caught us with some desperation plays: fake punts, fake field goals, on-side kicks. But I wouldn't say Del Rio has Kubiak's number. If Del Rio had Kubiak's number, he would have won a lot more games.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011   #19
SteveSlaton20
All Pro

Rep Power: 717 SteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to SteveSlaton20

dude is a complete *****.. not sure why anyone is taking him seriously.
Old 10-29-2011   #20
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 172541 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSlaton20 View Post
dude is a complete *****.. not sure why anyone is taking him seriously.
We're not. The thread has gone past the nonsense he spewed and we're doing our own assessments.

We should win this but the Jags have surprised us before by keeping the game close and stealing wins with luck and trickeration.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read