Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-25-2005   #41
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I am still baffled by the front office to give away above average players for nothing... I mean heck,I don't recall us being in cap *****... is there an advantage to just releasing a player instead of trading?
besides the team that picks the player up is getting a bargain.

Last edited by Wolf; 04-25-2005 at 11:15 PM.
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005   #42
SESupergenius

Can this get any worse? I think Wong is too old.
Old 04-25-2005   #43
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius
Can this get any worse? I think Wong is too old.
So is Andre...Let's cut him...
Old 04-25-2005   #44
texansfan88
All Pro

maybe they're just trying to sell more jerseys?

You never see them cut a guy like Fred Weary? WHY? they dont make Fred Weary jerseys..

who's next? andre?
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005   #45
SA Fan
Rookie

maybe they are using the time-tested methond of tossing darts over their sholders at names of players on a board behind them.

Maybe tomorrow we'll hear about David Carr being given permission to seek a trade because he complained about the consistency of the jello in the cafeteria...
SA Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005   #46
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

You might think its a joke, but I would not be surprised if David is next. At some point is he going to get tired of taking the bashings. End result will be criticism and then its goodbye.

The way this will probably play out, because management always protects management is that Capers will be gone at the end of this season and Casserly the following. This team has flat imploded. I don't thing my original projections for what this team will do is wrong. This could be flat out depressing for Texans fans. By the way we might well see AG when we play Dallas in the preseason.

I was watching the news conference and the body language of Capers was amazing when asked about Glenn. I think they are at a loss for words - Capers and Casserly. I really don't think Casserly knew how bad things were. I truely believe Sharpers comments last season were the tip of the iceburg. I have been saying for a long time that things were not well in the Texan's household and I think that is even more true now.

This team is being run by a micro-manager and a numbers man who does not understand qualitative analysis as well as quantitative analysis. That's why he takes copious notes and never sees the broad picture during the game. His head is always in his notes and he doesn't see the big picture. That's why he was suckered into the O-line change and I believe that did the Texans in. If you remember it was only if we had executed. I think the players saw and knew what the problems were and that it was never going to work. But there is no way you could tell Capers that. I maintain he has a style of ball he is trying to play and Casserly is drafting players based on a different set of parameters which has resulted in trying to fit square pegs in round holes. It just didn't work and Capers has tunnel vision and knows only one way to play the game and can not diviate from that standard. That's why NE is what they are and we are what we are.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005   #47
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

this is nuts...can't we even get a back up o-lineman in return for him...this is silly...sometimes it makes you wonder about casserly and capers...give up a solid player just because he's a few years older than you'd like
Old 04-26-2005   #48
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

No, its not nuts. I think Casserly is in as much shock as the rest of us all though he will never admit it. This has the look of Casserly being fed a line by Capers and Casserly had little direct input from the players and total trust of Capers.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005   #49
SESupergenius

That may be a little overboard. This team was still 7-9 last year and should have been at least 9-7. They are still competitive and can play with anybody....except for the Browns. There have been some bad decisions in this draft, but a couple of good ones. Right now with all the changes and further lack of leadership, I think we will stumble, but still be respectable.
Old 04-26-2005   #50
Rosusu
All Pro

This is probably the worst move this franchise has ever made. This whole offseason has gotten us some good new additions but gave up quality starters that were still under contract for NOTHING!!!!! You really have to scratch your head at some of these moves.
Old 04-26-2005   #51
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
is there an advantage to just releasing a player instead of trading?
besides the team that picks the player up is getting a bargain.
Im sure there are some perks to just giving up the player. I think thats how the NFL judges giving suplimentary picks. The more guys you lose without compensation, IE draft picks or another player, the higher, or more pick(s) the NFL will give you. Im not sure, but that could be the reason. Also it may hit the cap different since the player wants to leave, and we dont just boot him out. Anyone know?
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005   #52
tacoman_j
Veteran

Angry Aaron Glenn a Cowboy

Why is he going to Bid D?? He is going to be in exactly the same position here as over there. They have two starting corners, and he'll have to play nickel as would here. This makes no sense. Plus, he won't get paid nearly what he's making here. This whole situation really sucks!!!
tacoman_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005   #53
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 72571 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
probably for Drew Henson... being this is the 1st year we haven't drafted a QB
too funny dang funny
Old 04-26-2005   #54
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

He has a chance to start in Dallas. Henry is his main competition, and he's already a Parcell's guy.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005   #55
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe because he's from Houston and wants to stay close to home...
Old 04-26-2005   #56
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 dirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to dirty steve

the girls are paying henry money to be their starting CB.
Old 04-26-2005   #57
THEFUTURE
All Pro

also all these releases could be a very good thing in year 5 of the 5 year plan, maybe after dumping all this money, some FA next year we will be able to make a run at, who knows... and Ibar, how in the hell would you know what this is, you got some secret informer that lets you in on some secrets, or are you just another fan that has no clue what is really going on, so you want to put the blame on Capers, even if its not his fault, only because its known that you dont like capers and never have. so im not really listening to much you have to say on it, since you pretty much have your own agenda
THEFUTURE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005   #58
tacoman_j
Veteran

Default 10 million

10 million dollars says that Henry is the starter on opening day. Glenn could have played a reduced role here. This is all about ego; elite athletes are the last ones to believe that they have lost a step. Let him wallow in Dallas. At least we will crush the Mavericks. Go Rocks!!!
tacoman_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005   #59
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 88794 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_ROCK
Im sure there are some perks to just giving up the player. I think thats how the NFL judges giving suplimentary picks. The more guys you lose without compensation, IE draft picks or another player, the higher, or more pick(s) the NFL will give you. Im not sure, but that could be the reason. Also it may hit the cap different since the player wants to leave, and we dont just boot him out. Anyone know?
I don't think they get any picks... I think the thing is that since the release is unconditional, the contract is completely void, and doesn't apply to the cap anymore. Can any one confirm this or elaborate on it? It should mean that we will be out from under Sharper and Glens $ immediately. I'm not sure, however... I'm sure there will be a response to this from someone with more knowlege of the workings of the cap.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005   #60
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 72571 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEFUTURE
also all these releases could be a very good thing in year 5 of the 5 year plan, maybe after dumping all this money, some FA next year we will be able to make a run at, who knows... and Ibar, how in the hell would you know what this is, you got some secret informer that lets you in on some secrets, or are you just another fan that has no clue what is really going on, so you want to put the blame on Capers, even if its not his fault, only because its known that you dont like capers and never have. so im not really listening to much you have to say on it, since you pretty much have your own agenda
WOW!!! Somebody else remembers 5 YEAR PLAN!!!!!!! Dear Lord, for the draft picks we are about to receive, may we be truly thankful!!!!! I just got religion!!!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read