Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-26-2005   #201
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidRaider24
I agree, also, im dont take this as trolling, i just dislike the guy , not the Texans.
Yeah I never considered you a troll. You've been posting on the board for quite some time. Flashy players with big egos tend to rub most people the wrong way.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005   #202
Cheroqui
Veteran

I was thinking about that and saying to the Jets fans that spit the "Oh Aaron Glenn... Where's he from?" Like, you can have him back if you want, the rookie's puttin in more work than his, late to a play *****!" Now we have someone to play opposite of Dunta. Oh I can't wait for this season to start!
Old 04-26-2005   #203
Erratic Assassin
All Pro

Rep Power: 13 Erratic Assassin was voted MVPErratic Assassin was voted MVPErratic Assassin was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate
Am I the ONLY one who thought Glenns play was slipping last year? He just seemed old to me.
I would have rather seen us dump Payne and Walker than Glenn. Glenn can still play. Walker got real old real fast and we'll be lucky if Payne plays 2 games next year before he's back on the injured list.

Why are we dumping Aaron Glenn's salary when we just signed Seth Payne to a 4-year $16 million contract with a $4.5 million signing bonus? On top of all of his other injuries, he suffered a hamstring injury in the 2004 finale. He hasn't even recovered from that injury, he's expected to be limited in the team's offseason workouts, and we sign him to a 4-year deal?

Does anyone honestly think Payne will be playing in the year 2009?
Erratic Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005   #204
Texans2005
Rookie

Default Aaron Glenn

It's true. Aaron Glenn is now a Dallas Cowboy.
The Dallas Cowboys: What a Draft! A ROYAL FLUSH. And now Aaron Glenn. By far the most improved team in the NFL in 2005.
Texans2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005   #205
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 357040 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erratic Assassin
Does anyone honestly think Payne will be playing in the year 2009?
Very possibly. He just turned 30, playing to 34 is by no means impossible.

It suprises me how many people freak out when football players get injured and then start acting like they are forever more defective. In the past 6 years, the only injury which has caused Payne to miss a game was the knee injury which was caused by a playing surface so bad it was replaced mid-season. He played in every game last year without reinjuring that knee. The injury he sustained in the last game of the season is exactly the same one Gary Walker had in the off-season before his 2002 pro-bowl year.
Old 04-26-2005   #206
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Glenn playing in that toilet of a Texas Stadium is no way to finish a career. He really shouldn't sign with Irving-Arlington. Come home to the palace, man.

Without getting too much more off-topic, any word on the Reliant Stadium playing surface? THAT looked pitiful on a few occasions last year.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005   #207
bigtex77
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanExile
Without getting too much more off-topic, any word on the Reliant Stadium playing surface? THAT looked pitiful on a few occasions last year.

From what I've heard they had 1 1/2 fields worth of grass that was rotated in to make up the playing surface, while part was being used for the field, the rest was being groomed for future use. During the offseason they purchased 1 1/2 more fields worth of grass(I hope that was worded right) so that it would give them a total of three fields to work with. If anyone has heard different, please let me know.
bigtex77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-26-2005   #208
SESupergenius

I just saw an interview with Glenn where he said he welcomes the role of playing the nickel in Dallas. Why wasn't he glad about that role here?
Old 04-26-2005   #209
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius
I just saw an interview with Glenn where he said he welcomes the role of playing the nickel in Dallas. Why wasn't he glad about that role here?
Maybe he's just happy to be back with Parcells.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005   #210
TMac48
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TMac48

From ESPN.com:

Quote:
...Both the Dallas Cowboys and New England Patriots were believed to be interested in trading for the veteran before he (Aaron Glenn) was released...
Link

If they were already looking to trade for him before we said we would realease him, why didn't we keep our mouth shut about it and trade him instead? Seems that would have made more sense.
TMac48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005   #211
Youngstown Colt
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius
That's just the way it is. You never want to get bumped out of a role you have earned by a guy who hasn't earned it. He will overtake Anthony Henry soon enough in Dallas, and he probably knows that, while his spot in Houston was already promised to PB.
Old 04-27-2005   #212
bubbajaxonbrown
Rookie

Glenn would've been the 4th CB here and in Dallas he'll be 3rd at least.
bubbajaxonbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005   #213
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17176 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

It would have been nice to keep the depth of Glenn around, but Buchanon is better right now than Glenn. This is my opinion, of course, but that's how I see it. Going from Babin, Wong, Sharper, Foreman to Babin, Peek, Wong, Greenwood is an upgrade. Peek and Babin will form a great pass rushing duo. They are both very quick on the outside and will cause teams to adjust their gameplans for them. Having a guy like Travis Johnson that can actually push into the backfield will help improve the pass rush.

Overall, the defense will be better in 2005. I don't want to see the Texans become like the Titans. They got in cap hell and had to release quality players. If the Texans are smart they can avoid those problems. To do that, you might have to make a personnel decision and release a popular player. I don't see this as being entirely about money, though. If Glenn were still at the top of his game and an elite corner he is worth the money.

Look at the Astros. They are about 2 years late in moving Bagwell and Biggio. They are fan favorites, but Bagwell especially hurts the team with his contract. If this move turns out poorly I'm sure those that predict the end of the Texans will be happy. Personally, I'd rather expect them to do well and be happy when that happens than to expect them to do poorly because of some changes to the roster. It's a waste of time waiting for the worst to happen.
Old 04-27-2005   #214
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

da da da da da da da da hey heyey goodbye.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005   #215
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 32596 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

This hurts big time...I'll miss AG...the hell with everyone dissin' Glenn.

I think D-Rob's emergence is due in part by AG showing him the ropes and what to do and what NOT to do as a Corner...thanks AG!!
Old 04-27-2005   #216
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 101015 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMac48
From ESPN.com:

Link

If they were already looking to trade for him before we said we would realease him, why didn't we keep our mouth shut about it and trade him instead? Seems that would have made more sense.

In the end, no team wanted to trade for him because of his salary. The only way it was worth it to Dallas is if he was released outright, and then signed a lesser contract with them.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005   #217
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316
This hurts big time...I'll miss AG...the hell with everyone dissin' Glenn.
I think D-Rob's emergence is due in part by AG showing him the ropes and what to do and what NOT to do as a Corner...thanks AG!!
What just happened to AG was inevitable - someday, 7 or 8 yrs from now if we have the same cap structure in the NFL it will be even tougher for all of us when the same thing happens to D-Rob. Its the way the system works.
In the meantime, I won't be the least bit surprised if AG starts for the Cowboys this Fall because he is still good, maybe very good. But even if
his primary role is nickel back, hey that's a key position.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005   #218
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan
Maybe he's just happy to be back with Parcells.

I think you've hit it. He's an old Parcells guy and for whatever reason Bill's ex players seem to want to come back to wherever he is if he wants them.

I know Aaron said on 610 yesterday that he was great friends with Keyshawn (he mentioned that Keyshawn was picking him up at the airport) and he also said something about being friends with Ferguson who's coming to Dallas.

And he has spoken to Bill Parcells. I think that was the deciding factor; playing for his old coach.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005   #219
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17176 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

What the Texans are doing now hopefully will keep them from jettisoning most of the top players. There will always be turnover. A player that wants to be the #1 receiver instead of sitting behind Andre Johnson. A player that wants to be the starting ROLB instead of sitting behind Antwan Peek. It will be inevitable. As long as the Texans improve and don't start picking in the top 10 each year it will help them considerably in affording their players since so much of the cap won't be tied up in those David Carr type contracts.

That's what most baffles me about what Detroit did. There is NO WAY under the salary cap to keep all 3 of those top 10 receivers. Once their rookie contracts are up they won't be able to give them all #1 money. Are any of the 3 going to want to sacrifice money to stay? I doubt that much money.

Aaron Glenn is still a good player. The Texans and the fans will miss him. I sit in Glenn's Amen corner so it'll be different this season without him coming over, but the team will be better this season. Not because he's gone, but because the additions and moves they have made plus the seasoning of the guys from last season will make them better. Good luck, Aaron. Although, why oh why did you have to become a Cowgirl?
Old 04-27-2005   #220
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBacker93
What the Texans are doing now hopefully will keep them from jettisoning most of the top players. There will always be turnover. A player that wants to be the #1 receiver instead of sitting behind Andre Johnson. A player that wants to be the starting ROLB instead of sitting behind Antwan Peek. It will be inevitable. As long as the Texans improve and don't start picking in the top 10 each year it will help them considerably in affording their players since so much of the cap won't be tied up in those David Carr type contracts.

That's what most baffles me about what Detroit did. There is NO WAY under the salary cap to keep all 3 of those top 10 receivers. Once their rookie contracts are up they won't be able to give them all #1 money. Are any of the 3 going to want to sacrifice money to stay? I doubt that much money.

Aaron Glenn is still a good player. The Texans and the fans will miss him. I sit in Glenn's Amen corner so it'll be different this season without him coming over, but the team will be better this season. Not because he's gone, but because the additions and moves they have made plus the seasoning of the guys from last season will make them better. Good luck, Aaron. Although, why oh why did you have to become a Cowgirl?
good post maybe one more top 10 wouldn't hurt either
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read