Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-28-2011   #1
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Andre Johnson ruled out for Sunday vs Jags.....

As per Sportsradio 610...Kubiak says Andre is not playing Sunday....this does not surprise me. I thought it would take at least 4-7 weeks....for him to recover. I think it was the prudent thing to do. Andre sounded like he was not ready on Tuseday....just not quite there yet....Next man up.....
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011   #2
Farough
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 880 Farough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Farough
Default Re: Andre Johnson ruled out for Sunday vs Jags.....

This makes me sad. But I'd rather him be 100% sure he's ready to come back before he does.
Old 10-28-2011   #3
mootini
1stdown!!!!!

Rep Power: 5440 mootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respected

Let me get my cow dance on! Great news!
mootini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011   #4
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 14086 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mootini View Post

You'll still get a healthy dose of FATE.

Foster+Tate=FATE.
Old 10-28-2011   #5
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I am relieved. I want AJ healthy with no season or worse career ending injury.
Old 10-28-2011   #6
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17946 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
LOL, I guess you have to be happy about something!

Sig Courtesy of False Start
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011   #7
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 21478 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Really?

Uncool man. That would be fine in a Jags forum, but not cool here. Commentary and debate is welcome, but to cheer the continuation of an injury crosses the line.
Old 10-28-2011   #8
mootini
1stdown!!!!!

Rep Power: 5440 mootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
Really?

Uncool man. That would be fine in a Jags forum, but not cool here. Commentary and debate is welcome, but to cheer the continuation of an injury crosses the line.
Geeeeeeee! Sensitive are we! He's been out for weeks, now after his surgery. Reports showing he might playing this week. Now reported he isn't. From a jags fan point of view...makes me happy, your major contributor to Offensive/pass is out. Your Offense just got weaker...you've played well w/out him in the last, what 3 weeks? Sorry if you took my post the wrong way. Johnson a great player and the best in the league.
Old 10-28-2011   #9
mootini
1stdown!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
You'll still get a healthy dose of FATE.

Foster+Tate=FATE.
true that....major headache to plan for!
Old 10-28-2011   #10
mootini
1stdown!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG TORO View Post
LOL, I guess you have to be happy about something!
I'll be happy Sunday Win or lose
Old 10-28-2011   #11
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21813 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Geeeeeeee! Sensitive are we! He's been out for weeks, now after his surgery. Reports showing he might playing this week. Now reported he isn't. From a jags fan point of view...makes me happy, your major contributor to Offensive/pass is out. Your Offense just got weaker...you've played well w/out him in the last, what 3 weeks? Sorry if you took my post the wrong way. Johnson a great player and the best in the league.
Aren't you the one who gets pissy every time someone brings up your broke-ass team's inability to sell tickets in your broke-ass city and how Jacksonville is a stain on the NFL? And you come to this board to talk smack about a lingering injury to one of our players?

Karma=*****=you=Sunday.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011   #12
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 77922 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Really?

I thought it was funny.

I might have thrown some of this in too
Old 10-28-2011   #13
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 223945 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

You're not half as relieved as some of us are. We don't want Johnson back to early. We need him healthy for the playoffs. Besides, you know damn well you are gonna have your hands full with Foster and Tate and our tight ends.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011   #14
ESAD2-14
TexanAmerican

Rep Power: 19109 ESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Aren't you the one who gets pissy every time someone brings up your broke-ass team's inability to sell tickets in your broke-ass city and how Jacksonville is a stain on the NFL? And you come to this board to talk smack about a lingering injury to one of our players?

Karma=*****=you=Sunday.
Have seen plenty of people get butt hurt when someone talks down about Houston, me included. Wouldn't exactly call what he wrote smack talk. Just said he was happy AJ isn't playing, hell I am too albeit for a different reason. It means they are not trying to rush him out there and giving him time to heal. I was thinking 6 weeks at least when news of the actual injury was released. Would not be surprised if it was stretched out to 8 weeks or so.
Old 10-28-2011   #15
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21813 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESAD2-14 View Post
Have seen plenty of people get butt hurt when someone talks down about Houston, me included. Wouldn't exactly call what he wrote smack talk. Just said he was happy AJ isn't playing, hell I am too albeit for a different reason. It means they are not trying to rush him out there and giving him time to heal. I was thinking 6 weeks at least when news of the actual injury was released. Would not be surprised if it was stretched out to 8 weeks or so.
I would never go on a Jags board and talk about being happy their top player is out.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011   #16
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 14907 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Really?

I didn't really see anything too wrong with it. He wasn't hoping that one of our players gets injured. He was simply expressing his happiness that his team now has a better chance of winning.
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011   #17
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14

Rather have him healthy for the road trip to Tampa Bay and 100% for the back stretch when we face some of the better NFC Teams and go on the Road to face the Bengals.

Hopefully Casey will be back to add another option, more than confident with a mixture of Foster, Tate, Ward, Dressen, Daniels, Walter, JJ, and Mason and our Offensive Line.

Get well Dre, you can put it on the Jags coming out of the Bye Week.
Old 10-28-2011   #18
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah let's not get over critical. I don't sense mootini (is that like a milkshakee thingee) meant disrespect just voicing his team has a reason to wake up Sunday morning and not begin sobbing. Let's all lighten up a bit.
Old 10-28-2011   #19
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 226054 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
I would never go on a Jags board and talk about being happy their top player is out.
Neither would I but there are more than a few of us here who would do that and worse.

It's really not a big deal.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011   #20
Kthx
All Pro

Section: Bar Table
Rep Power: 8621 Kthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respected

If you are happy that Andre is out then I hope Cushing tackles low on Jacksonvilles run game. Karma!
Kthx is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read