Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-28-2011   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Time to root for the Colts!

I know it may be odd for some of you to root for the Colts.

It's strange, without Manning for sure.

But a win by the Colts this week will extend our lead (should we beat the Jags) over the Titans & really doesn't threaten us from a Colts' winning streak.

go Colts!!!
Old 10-28-2011   #2
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Time to root for the Colts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

But a win by the Colts this week will extend our lead (should we beat the Jags) over the Titans & really doesn't threaten us from a Colts' winning streak.

go Colts!!!
I was thinking the same. Then I got scared that it's November which usually means a 4 game skid for us and then The Colts would only be 4 games out.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011   #3
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

They should start Collins he might play with somethin facing the titans
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011   #4
Ghostform
Veteran

Rep Power: 7330 Ghostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
They should start Collins he might play with somethin facing the titans
I wish but the Colts put Collins on IR (concussion) so his season is done.
Ghostform is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011   #5
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostform View Post
I wish but the Colts put Collins on IR (concussion) so his season is done.
They are IR'ing anyone who impacts the game.
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011   #6
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
They are IR'ing anyone who impacts the game.
Yeah, his 48% completion pct was tearing up the league.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011   #7
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 298503 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

I have been trying to root for the Colts since Week 2. Every time something bad happens to them, I start laughing uncontrollably. Somewhere in the back of my head, logic reminds me that I need them to win a few, so I stop. But then something bad happens again, and without even thinking about it, I start laughing.

Rooting for the Colts is starting to make me schizophrenic.
Old 10-30-2011   #8
PhilpW
Irish-American

Rep Power: 349 PhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respected

Colts have a whole lot of quit in 'em. Without Manning, no pride.
PhilpW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011   #9
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25247 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Looking at their schedule I don't see a win for them.

Next week against the Falcons...literally the easiest team for them is the Panthers...and they are not a easy out for anyone right now. Their only hope to get a W is one of those flukey divisional rival games.

Perhaps one team rest their starters at the end of the season...how ironic if that team would be the Texans?
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011   #10
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

We REALLY need the Dolts to win 3-4 games (not against us though) so that they are out of the Luck race. We suffered for close to 15 years with Payton and if Luck is anywhere near as good as most seem to think he will be I don't want him in the division haunting us like Payton has.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011   #11
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
Looking at their schedule I don't see a win for them.

Next week against the Falcons...literally the easiest team for them is the Panthers...and they are not a easy out for anyone right now. Their only hope to get a W is one of those flukey divisional rival games.

Perhaps one team rest their starters at the end of the season...how ironic if that team would be the Texans?
The Rams beat the Saints.. so who knows.

Won't help us any if they're beating NFC teams though. We need them to beat AFC South teams..... AFC at the least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783 View Post
We REALLY need the Dolts to win 3-4 games (not against us though) so that they are out of the Luck race. We suffered for close to 15 years with Payton and if Luck is anywhere near as good as most seem to think he will be I don't want him in the division haunting us like Payton has.
I really don't like this line of thinking. You don't see the Bills shaking in their boots or crying because they have to play Brady twice a year for the foreseeable future.

Luck ain't Manning, & that team without Manning is just another team.
Old 10-30-2011   #12
BeerTastesLikeVictory
Custom Title

Rep Power: 40940 BeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I really don't like this line of thinking. You don't see the Bills shaking in their boots or crying because they have to play Brady twice a year for the foreseeable future.

Luck ain't Manning, & that team without Manning is just another team.
Pretty much agree here. Plus their D is so bad right now almost anyone can threaten to hang 40 on them. Luck or no Luck they need to figure out things on both sides of the ball.

*Sig by False Start*
"If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
-David Daye
BeerTastesLikeVictory is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011   #13
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans should lose to the colts so they dont get luck

By then im sure we will have the divison locked up
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011   #14
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53113 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

go Colts!!!
As I pointed out in a thread I started a week or so ago, I don't see any more than 1 or 2 possible wins for them... I don't think it's looking good.
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011   #15
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21346 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

its clear that there problems aren't just at QB. the colts suck everywhere. even their main strength at DE is really old.

I think the colts should trade away the number 1 pick (if they get it) and fix multiple holes. Houston is good enough to beat the colts with manning or luck now so it might be a good thing they pick luck. and its no guarantee that luck is the next manning!
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011   #16
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21346 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

its clear that there problems aren't just at QB. the colts suck everywhere. even their main strength at DE is really old.

I think the colts should trade away the number 1 pick (if they get it) and fix multiple holes. Houston is good enough to beat the colts with manning or luck now so it might be a good thing they pick luck. and its no guarantee that luck is the next manning!
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #17
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Time to root for the Colts!

Quote:

go Colts!!!
Still holds true - I am starting to worry. The last thing we need is for them to draft Luck and he turns out to be Peyton part II.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #18
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Time to root for the Colts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post
Have you looked up our record against them prior to this year?
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #19
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 56302 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
Texans should lose to the colts so they dont get luck

By then im sure we will have the divison locked up
I have a better idea, all the other teams in our division take one for the division and lose the the Dolts.

Sun 11/13 Jacksonville JaguarsJacksonville 1:00 pm
Bye
Sun 11/27 Carolina PanthersCarolina 1:00 pm
Sun 12/4 New England Patriots at New England 8:20 pm
Sun 12/11 Baltimore Ravens at Baltimore 1:00 pm
Sun 12/18 Tennessee TitansTennessee 1:00 pm
Thu 12/22 Houston TexansHouston 8:20 pm
Sun 1/1 Jacksonville Jaguars at Jacksonville 1:00 pm
Old 11-02-2011   #20
TexanDave
Veteran

Rep Power: 880 TexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respected

The Colts play like they don't even care anymore.
TexanDave is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read