Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Time to root for the Colts!

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I know it may be odd for some of you to root for the Colts.

It's strange, without Manning for sure.

But a win by the Colts this week will extend our lead (should we beat the Jags) over the Titans & really doesn't threaten us from a Colts' winning streak.

go Colts!!!

But a win by the Colts this week will extend our lead (should we beat the Jags) over the Titans & really doesn't threaten us from a Colts' winning streak.

go Colts!!!

I was thinking the same. Then I got scared that it's November which usually means a 4 game skid for us and then The Colts would only be 4 games out.

I have been trying to root for the Colts since Week 2. Every time something bad happens to them, I start laughing uncontrollably. Somewhere in the back of my head, logic reminds me that I need them to win a few, so I stop. But then something bad happens again, and without even thinking about it, I start laughing.

Rooting for the Colts is starting to make me schizophrenic.

Looking at their schedule I don't see a win for them.

Next week against the Falcons...literally the easiest team for them is the Panthers...and they are not a easy out for anyone right now. Their only hope to get a W is one of those flukey divisional rival games.

Perhaps one team rest their starters at the end of the season...how ironic if that team would be the Texans?

We REALLY need the Dolts to win 3-4 games (not against us though) so that they are out of the Luck race. We suffered for close to 15 years with Payton and if Luck is anywhere near as good as most seem to think he will be I don't want him in the division haunting us like Payton has.

Looking at their schedule I don't see a win for them.

Next week against the Falcons...literally the easiest team for them is the Panthers...and they are not a easy out for anyone right now. Their only hope to get a W is one of those flukey divisional rival games.

Perhaps one team rest their starters at the end of the season...how ironic if that team would be the Texans?

The Rams beat the Saints.. so who knows.

Won't help us any if they're beating NFC teams though. We need them to beat AFC South teams..... AFC at the least.

We REALLY need the Dolts to win 3-4 games (not against us though) so that they are out of the Luck race. We suffered for close to 15 years with Payton and if Luck is anywhere near as good as most seem to think he will be I don't want him in the division haunting us like Payton has.

I really don't like this line of thinking. You don't see the Bills shaking in their boots or crying because they have to play Brady twice a year for the foreseeable future.

Luck ain't Manning, & that team without Manning is just another team.

I really don't like this line of thinking. You don't see the Bills shaking in their boots or crying because they have to play Brady twice a year for the foreseeable future.

Luck ain't Manning, & that team without Manning is just another team.

Pretty much agree here. Plus their D is so bad right now almost anyone can threaten to hang 40 on them. Luck or no Luck they need to figure out things on both sides of the ball.

Texans should lose to the colts so they dont get luck

By then im sure we will have the divison locked up :koolaid:

its clear that there problems aren't just at QB. the colts suck everywhere. even their main strength at DE is really old.

I think the colts should trade away the number 1 pick (if they get it) and fix multiple holes. Houston is good enough to beat the colts with manning or luck now so it might be a good thing they pick luck. and its no guarantee that luck is the next manning!

its clear that there problems aren't just at QB. the colts suck everywhere. even their main strength at DE is really old.

I think the colts should trade away the number 1 pick (if they get it) and fix multiple holes. Houston is good enough to beat the colts with manning or luck now so it might be a good thing they pick luck. and its no guarantee that luck is the next manning!

go Colts!!!

Still holds true - I am starting to worry. The last thing we need is for them to draft Luck and he turns out to be Peyton part II.

Have you looked up our record against them prior to this year?

Texans should lose to the colts so they dont get luck

By then im sure we will have the divison locked up :koolaid:

I have a better idea, all the other teams in our division take one for the division and lose the the Dolts.

Sun 11/13 Jacksonville JaguarsJacksonville 1:00 pm
Bye
Sun 11/27 Carolina PanthersCarolina 1:00 pm
Sun 12/4 New England Patriots at New England 8:20 pm
Sun 12/11 Baltimore Ravens at Baltimore 1:00 pm
Sun 12/18 Tennessee TitansTennessee 1:00 pm
Thu 12/22 Houston TexansHouston 8:20 pm
Sun 1/1 Jacksonville Jaguars at Jacksonville 1:00 pm

Really it doesn't matter to me...

If Luck comes into the division and is a great player my mentality is rise to the challenge and kick his ass.

If Luck comes into the division and is a great player my mentality is rise to the challenge and kick his ass.

That, plus the chances of him being the next "Peyton Manning" is astronomically poor.

Exactly my thinking as well. With the Colts finally looking like they are coming to the end of the Peyton Manning era, starting an Andrew Luck era may not be the best thing for the Texans.

Min and Stl are 2-9, so the Dolts need to win at least 3 of their last 5 to guarantee not getting the #1 pick.

@NE
@BAL
TEN
HOU
@JAX

Which 3 do you they'll win? NM, rhetorical question, it's not happening.

/endthread

For every #1 QB that turns into a superstar, there is a Ryan Leaf or JaMarcus Russell. Even if the Colts get "Lucky" it's far from a sure thing that he'd be a star for many years.

You don't transition from Joe Montana to Steve Young very often in the NFL.

That is what a team ultimately has to do. For example, Elway had a losing record against the Raiders because they were able to overcome his talent on the field. Of course beating a premier QB in your division does not guaranty a division title, as can also be shown in the Elway vs. Raiders example. So, what a team typically needs is a combination of: a.) success against QB X and his team, b.) success against other teams, and c.) other teams having some success against QB X and his team.

That, plus the chances of him being the next "Peyton Manning" is astronomically poor.

Well, I doubt he will be another Peyton Manning, but he could be another Philip Rivers, Eli Manning, or Jay Cutler, and that would be nearly as bad. Personally, Luck has looked good to me, but not that good. Who knows, maybe he is the next Matt Leinart.

Who cares who the Colts draft? Do you think the Colts fans were shivering in their seats when we had a couple of first overall draft picks? um, no. The Texans have built an excellent team and they will have to beat the best players in the league to be considered one of the best teams in the league. This league is full of stars. Bring 'em on.

Who cares who the Colts draft? Do you think the Colts fans were shivering in their seats when we had a couple of first overall draft picks? um, no. The Texans have built an excellent team and they will have to beat the best players in the league to be considered one of the best teams in the league. This league is full of stars. Bring 'em on.

Agreed. You don't mail in a season because a team has a great player. This isn't the NBA. A great player helps, but if you have holes in your team, it is VERY difficult to compensate.

Someone on this board made a good point awhile back about how involved Luck's father is in his football life. All things considered, I would think there is a good chance that Luck would refuse to go to Indy ala Eli Manning/San Diego. Throwing him to the wolves in Indy, considering how much they talent they lack at virtually every position, would be a death sentence and I think he knows that. I'll go ahead and say it now. Andrew Luck will not be playing for Indy in 2012. That being said, 0-11 lolololololol....

Back