Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-25-2005   #21
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 97370 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ReK
Wow, he had 164 tackles in 1 year, big deal...There's a reason that he didn't make the Pro Bowl that year...At least 158 of those tackles were on the wrong side of the LOS...He wasn't a leader for us and his production wasn't matching his paycheck...He's replaceable...
Yeah, it is Sharpers fault that by the time he fought off the linemen (being NONE of our DL commands a double team).. he happens to be 4 to 5 yards down the field..

I don't believe it the Glenn has lost that much of a step.. NO PASS rush will do that to ANY cornerback...gee whiz how many times did you see an opponents QB have 4 plus seconds to throw the ball???? More than I can count.. and quiet honestly... seems the whole Texan defense was passive .. we seem to play alot of zone...

And some on this board calls for Palmers head
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005   #22
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

As I've posted LOTS of times around here, I don't disagree that Sharper was replaceable. I just don't think Morlon Greenwood counts as an adequate replace-MENT. He is unimpressive. I say that having watched lots of Dolphins ball down here...this is a big risk. I would've preferred different moves, that's all.

BTW, I think another reason he didn't make the Pro Bowl that year is because his name wasn't Ray Lewis and because he played for an expansion team. So yeah, I DO think he had a solid run in Houston.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005   #23
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 97370 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

IMHO opinion... if ANYONE were to be let go.. it should have been Walker... and we kept Sharper and should keep Glenn.. those two are/were earning their paychecks

*edit* For the record.. I like G-Funk

Last edited by Wolf; 04-25-2005 at 10:05 PM.
Old 04-25-2005   #24
Wolf
100% Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanExile
As I've posted LOTS of times around here, I don't disagree that Sharper was replaceable. I just don't think Morlon Greenwood counts as an adequate replace-MENT. He is unimpressive. I say that having watched lots of Dolphins ball down here...this is a big risk. I would've preferred different moves, that's all.

BTW, I think another reason he didn't make the Pro Bowl that year is because his name wasn't Ray Lewis and because he played for an expansion team. So yeah, I DO think he had a solid run in Houston.

Exactly.. hard to be put on the probowl when you don't get exposure around the league.. heck I remember when the Giants played AT HOUSTON.. And fox played Washington and Buffalo .. AND IT WAS A BLOWOUT.
I was in Austin at the time!
Old 04-25-2005   #25
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

i don't have a problem with letting foreman or even sharper go because it allows peek on the field...personally i'd be more happy with all three corners...but if glenn feels that he should be the starter without competing for it then so be it...he can find a starting job else where...i just wish we do it in a trade not just release...but i'm with everyone else...g-funk needs to have a fire lit under his butt...after having a pro bowl year in 02 he's done nothing...i want this team to strive for the playoffs i just think it would be easier to reach them with glenn on the team not off
Old 04-25-2005   #26
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Roger that! And fire-under-the-butt, thy name is TRAVIS.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005   #27
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanExile

Greenwood may have been unimpressive in Miami, but it may just be a possibility that he didn't fit into their scheme or he wasn't utilized correctly...I'll take Dom's word for it for now since his job is hinging on the production of Greenwood, Buchanon, and Wand...If two of those three fail, we likely won't improve and Capers will be gone...There's nothing wrong with questioning the moves of our management, but I'd rather see how the people we've brought in play in our system before I judge the moves of this offseason...

It could just be name recognition as the reason that Sharper didn't make the Pro Bowl in 2003, but who really knows...I don't think the league is biased against us, though...After all, G-Funk and Glenn both made the Pro Bowl in 2002...
D-ReK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-25-2005   #28
Wolf
100% Texan

Quote:

It could just be name recognition as the reason that Sharper didn't make the Pro Bowl in 2003, but who really knows...I don't think the league is biased against us, though...After all, G-Funk and Glenn both made the Pro Bowl in 2002...
ESPN sure seemed biased.. seems like everytime the Texans came up ... it was Commercial time.... I hope the McNair had stock in some of the companies that were advertised
Old 04-25-2005   #29
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Both G-Funk and Glenn had good years in 2002, but their names and reps didn't hurt them either. Plus I think the league kinda wanted the new team to have someone in the Pro Bowl, but having 2 did suprise me.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005   #30
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
ESPN is biased.. seems like everytime the Texans came up ... it was Commercial time.... I hope the McNair had stock in some of the companies that were advertised
I agree with that...It seemed like while we were on the clock, there would be two commercial picks, then after the pick, instead of "analyzing" the pick, they merely acknowledged it and moved on to Bengals talk, after all, we all love Marvin Lewis ...Respect will come with playoff appearances, which, hopefully, aren't that far away...IMO we're leaving far too much up to chance this year...
D-ReK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005   #31
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar
IMO, you're reading some things wrong in this. IMO, Sharper wasn't mad because we lost. He never showed much leadership on the field. NEVER showed any fir ILB's SHOULD show. I bet if ya look at game film, 80% of Sharpers tackles wer 4-5 yrds on the WRONG side OLS. By several yards.
[Ses, here is one for you]

Sorry, but wrong. While I was someone who said Sharper was not as good last year as the two years before, Sharper was an excellent LB and was very aggressive about attacking the line of scrimage. If you had posted the above about Foreman, I would agree with you. Sharper on the other hand did the LB equivalent of a RB hitting his hole. My criticism last year of Sharper centered more on lateral containment and coverage. His tacking technique was poor and he was one step shy many times, but he did attack the line of scrimage.
Old 04-25-2005   #32
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 114610 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
My criticism last year of Sharper centered more on lateral containment and coverage. His tacking technique was poor and he was one step shy many times, but he did attack the line of scrimage.
My thoughts exactly! He just doesn't have the speed to run plays down from behind. I'll grant he wasn't getting much help, but I saw more than a few instances where hecouldn't just take the runner out of bounds.
disaacks3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005   #33
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 88794 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite
We sure do and same goes for OJ simpson
Comparing a college kid who was wrongly charged and OJ is just pure melodrama...

DJ homers...GET OVER IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005   #34
SESupergenius

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
[Ses, here is one for you]
Here here Infantry. I would respond to the defense of Sharper but I think I've exhausted that one already.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read