Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 10-27-2011   #1
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Trindon Holiday, you are a Giant...

Quote:
Jayson Carter joined the Rice football team as a walk-on last week, and already he's the biggest thing on the field — mostly because he's the smallest thing.

Carter, a running back, is 4-foot-9, 130 pounds, qualifying him for dwarfism according to an advocacy group, Little People of America, and making him one of the smallest players to ever play the game at any level. Other players who have checked in at the 5-foot-something range — LSU's kick returner Trindon Holliday was 5-5, and Kansas State receiver Brandon Banks was 5-7, and of course, who could forget Notre Dame defensive end Rudy Ruettiger at 5-6 to name a few — but the list of FBS players under 5-feet is very short (pun absolutely intended).

Carter, however, doesn't see his size as a limitation.

"If they ever come up with a device that measures the heart and put it on top of my head, they'll see I'm 6-9," said Carter told a local TV station.

Rice coach David Bailiff doesn't see Carter's size as a limitation either. Bailiff said he plans to somehow get Carter on the field this year. In what role, he didn't know, but Carter put up decent stats at Kipp High School, a charter school in Houston.

According to the website BeRecruited.com, Carter managed 1,233 yards and 18 touchdowns during his career at Kipp, but his most impressive stats come on defense where he had 92 tackles, 152 assisted tackles, three sacks and an interception. It's probably safe to assume that the majority of the guys he was tackling were bigger than he was. He also excelled as a kick returner.
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...n=ncaaf-wp8758

Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011   #2
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Trindon Holiday, you are a Giant...

reading the headline, i thought the giants had picked up trindon from the waiver wire
Old 10-27-2011   #3
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 49705 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
reading the headline, i thought the giants had picked up trindon from the waiver wire

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011   #4
pirbroke
All Pro

Rep Power: 7756 pirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
Thought the same thing, I tell you those little guys can usually change direction so fast they are hard to catch as a RB. It's a bummer their down fall is pass protection in the pros. I would have loved to have seen Trindon bust some serious runs with the Texans as a RB instead of trying to make receiver but we gotta keep the QB healthy.
pirbroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011   #5
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

For this guy to make a college team like rice is pretty amazing.

I've never heard of him but I cant wait to see him play just for curiosity sake.
Old 10-28-2011   #6
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

I bet you could line him up on Casey's back, hand the ball off up top to the little man, let Casey run and pound a few folks, then have Carter disengage off of Casey's back and run around whoever is left.

I base this on the fact that both of their initials are JC. Together they form the JC TANK!!!!
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011   #7
Joeycharp89
Veteran

Rep Power: 650 Joeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow, I really want to see him in action.
Joeycharp89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-28-2011   #8
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

in light of last night's massacre at robertson....why do i want to laugh..
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011   #9
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
I bet you could line him up on Casey's back, hand the ball off up top to the little man, let Casey run and pound a few folks, then have Carter disengage off of Casey's back and run around whoever is left.

I base this on the fact that both of their initials are JC. Together they form the JC TANK!!!!
LOL...that's funny..
Old 10-28-2011   #10
Rey
Hall of Fame

Did he play last night?

I know the coach said he wanted to get him some playing time.

The thing that stood out to me the most was his defensive play. That is crazy...I really want to see the guy play...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read