Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-25-2005   #1
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 615 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Glenn could be released as of 4/26

Texans | Glenn Permitted to Seek Trade; Release Could Happen - from www.KFFL.com
Mon, 25 Apr 2005 17:48:17 -0700

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the Houston Texans have granted CB Aaron Glenn permission to seek a trade with a limited number of other teams. If a trade is not able to be worked out, Glenn is likely to be released as early as Tuesday, April 26.

Glenn is done and I am happy about it!! Time to get younger and have a great defense!!
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005   #2
David_Carr
Rookie

This is way more likely than a trade that's for sure.
Old 04-25-2005   #3
AndreJ
All Pro

Does Glenn have a big contract or not, just curious. With the release of all these veteran players who aren't producing and recieving huge paychecks we should have alot of cap room left for next year im guessing, but as i write this i believe alot of our offensive players contracts will be up next year. David Carr and DD will be up for new contracts if im not mistaken.
Old 04-25-2005   #4
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 615 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreJ
Does Glenn have a big contract or not, just curious. With the release of all these veteran players who aren't producing and recieving huge paychecks we should have alot of cap room left for next year im guessing, but as i write this i believe alot of our offensive players contracts will be up next year. David Carr and DD will be up for new contracts if im not mistaken.
Glenn, who became the second-highest paid player on the team after quarterback David Carr once Sharper left, is scheduled to make base salaries of $4 million in 2005, $4.25 million in 2006, and $5.5 million in 2007.

Carr still has 3 years left and you might be right about DD.
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005   #5
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13829 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Glenn was scheduled to count $5.17 mil against the cap this season, and Carr is signed through this season as well as Davis.
Old 04-25-2005   #6
YodAa
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to YodAa

I really hope that we trade him for some picks or something cause next year's draft will be great! 4/26 is my BDAY!
Old 04-25-2005   #7
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YodAa
I really hope that we trade him for some picks or something cause next year's draft will be great! 4/26 is my BDAY!
Happy Birthday in advance! My daughter Audrey turns one year old on the same day (tomorrow)! She already had her birthday party this past weekend, did you have one?
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-25-2005   #8
texansfan88
All Pro

1) Eric Brown
2) Jay Foreman
3) Jamie Sharper
4) Aaron Glenn
5) ??? Walker???

5 starters released w/o compensation...can you say playoffs or bust for Casserly and Capers job secuirty?
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005   #9
Lucky

Rep Power: 181825 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan88
...can you say playoffs or bust for Casserly and Capers job secuirty?
Some of those moves made sense. Maybe most. Not all.

Does jettisoning veteran players help the Texans win sooner? Don't know for sure. But I hope C&C aren't thinking that it buys them another losing season without pressure.
Old 04-25-2005   #10
LBblitz
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by YodAa
I guess that kind of "gift" would be bittersweet. Happy early birthday (hopefully it will bring us good luck)
Old 04-25-2005   #11
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Walker is not going anywhere this season. Maybe next year but not this season.

On the "playoffs or bust" I just have two things. First Capers & Co. can build a defense much faster than they can an offense. Our 2002 offense came together fast and was a force almost instantly. The same thing will happen with the 2005 model. Second these moves indicate to me a certain amount of confidence. I think they're getting ready for a playoff run and I'm not about to bet against them.
Old 04-25-2005   #12
michaelm
vox nihili

Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
1) Eric Brown
2) Jay Foreman
3) Jamie Sharper
4) Aaron Glenn
5) ??? Walker???

5 starters released w/o compensation...can you say playoffs or bust for Casserly and Capers job secuirty?
It's 3 so far despite your prognostication skills. Maybe we should let the AG situation play out before leaping to conclusions. Besides, before his release, Foreman had about a 100% disapproval rate. I don't think any compensation was even possible in his case. Apparently, none was possible in the Sharper case or we would've gotten something...

*edited for spelling errors...

Last edited by michaelm; 04-25-2005 at 11:00 PM.
Old 04-25-2005   #13
YodAa
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to YodAa

Thanx guys for wishing me a happy BDAY and happy Bday to your daughter michaelm! Ya I had my Bday party all ready. It was Mexican style which means it went from 10 (Texans Draft Day Party) til 11 pm. We played football and I had 4 INTs (1 for a TD), 10 catches (1 for a TD), 6/6 passes (1 for a TD), and 1 1yd rush for a TD! But sadly my team lost But it was soooo much fun! Neways on to the Glenn deal, is there any way we could trade him and maybe Gary Walker and some picks for Carolina's Thomas Davis? Thomas Davis would be great! As an SS or an LB!
Old 04-25-2005   #14
Boxscore
All Pro

I am going to miss Aaron Glenn on this team. He was a class act. I do not know what to think about Phillip Buchanan as of yet. I have heard that he has some bad baggage. Just a matter of time when the Texan decisions turn up some bad apples.
Old 04-26-2005   #15
SA Fan
Rookie

Quote:
1) Eric Brown
2) Jay Foreman
3) Jamie Sharper
4) Aaron Glenn
5) ??? Walker???

does anyone else see these actions as a push for compensatory draft picks next season.
SA Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005   #16
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 383864 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA Fan
does anyone else see these actions as a push for compensatory draft picks next season.
No--can't just say no, so this is filler--no.
Old 04-26-2005   #17
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 122990 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I was wondering about that too.. does the NFL give us anything?
or does that only apply for FA's that leave?
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005   #18
SESupergenius

yes we tend to like 3rd rounds for some reason. We like to put our focus there instead of the first two.
Old 04-26-2005   #19
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 383864 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius
yes we tend to like 3rd rounds for some reason. We like to put our focus there instead of the first two.
Wow, we have had a darn good record in the 1st for not putting any focus there.

For that matter, anyone want to internet bet Pitts & Gaffney aren't Texans 5 years from now?
Old 04-26-2005   #20
michaelm
vox nihili

Quote:
1) Eric Brown
2) Jay Foreman
3) Jamie Sharper
4) Aaron Glenn
5) ??? Walker???

after my last post knocking you for guessing about Glen and Walker being let go in the future for no compensation, I will give credit where it is semi-due.
Looks like you were right about AG, he most likely will be released tomorrow.
I say credit is semi-due, because the guess on Walker is still just that... a guess.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read