Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-30-2011   #121
Playmaker
Veteran

Rep Power: 244 Playmaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mario and Barwin vs Barwin and Reed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post
He is a blitzer, a guy you send up the middle to blow someone up, not a pass rusher. He is exactly where he needs to be. Would you put Ray Lewis at OLB? Patrick Willis? Cushing is playing that well.
See my last post on my thoughts on Cushing as a pass rusher. We won't know in the foreseeable future, but I think Cushing can excel at being an edge rusher. I think Cushing is versatile enough to handle the role of being a pass rushing OLB, I sorta play "what if" now that he's pigeonholed as an inside guy.
Playmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011   #122
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 110436 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Picking #25 in first round Courtney Upshaw is available and in second round #57, Melvin Ingram are two to watch.
I have been keeping an eye on Upshaw. He's big and would look great next to Cushing if Meco doesn't return to form.
Old 10-30-2011   #123
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 107872 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Hopefully Barwin becomes the Texans CM3.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011   #124
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 110436 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Hopefully Barwin becomes the Texans CM3.
Hopefully today!
Old 10-30-2011   #125
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Gonna have to have a hell of a second half.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011   #126
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post

Gonna have to have a hell of a second half.
What are you talking about? Barwin and Reed are playing very good. It was Barwin that tipped th pass that Cushing intercepted. Reed was all over the place in the first quarter. In the second quarter Jacksonville has been doing a lot of max protection and quick passes.
Old 10-30-2011   #127
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
What are you talking about? Barwin and Reed are playing very good. It was Barwin that tipped th pass that Cushing intercepted. Reed was all over the place in the first quarter. In the second quarter Jacksonville has been doing a lot of max protection and quick passes.
I just feel bad for you now.

You are obviously delusional if you think the rush doesn't miss Mario.

And my post was in reference to your cmIII post.
Sponsored links
Old 10-30-2011   #128
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I just feel bad for you now.

You are obviously delusional if you think the rush doesn't miss Mario.

And my post was in reference to your cmIII post.
Dude if you would quit holding up that Mario Williams poster with one hand and pay attention to the game you might realize our defense has allowed only two TD's in the last 7 and a half quarters. This defense isn't missing Mario at all right now.
Old 10-30-2011   #129
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Dude if you would quit holding up that Mario Williams poster with one hand and pay attention to the game you might realize our defense has allowed only two TD's in the last 7 and a half quarters. This defense isn't missing Mario at all right now.
The defense has gone up against two of the more inept offenses in the league.

We put up 40 points last week so I guess we aren't missing andre! Brilliant!

But you're too busy going to the "your his biggest fan" card to even take that into consideration. How old are you?
Old 10-30-2011   #130
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
The defense has gone up against two of the more inept offenses in the league.

We put up 40 points last week so I guess we aren't missing andre! Brilliant!

But you're too busy going to the "your his biggest fan" card to even take that into consideration. How old are you?
So NOW you're discounting the competition? Never mind the fact that Mario's stats were inflated by playing Miami and indy. Your agenda is as transparent as your manlove for Mario.
Old 10-30-2011   #131
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

It makes for pretty gruesome reading this thread. Seems you have to either love or hate Mario Williams to take part.

No one seems to make the point that of course we are missing Mario Williams in the front 7, and its showing up in a big way when it comes to how often we actually get to the QB, yet the group has stepped up enough to still get pressure and force the QB out of his comfort zone.

Also the backfield seems to be stepping up now, saw a number of positive plays by Allen, both good and bad (as opposed to just bad) from Kareem, and teams are avoiding throwing on JoJo as he's a turnover machine.

The Texans just won a game on Defence guys, held a QB to 10-30 despite only managing 1 sack.

One thing I will ask, when we have Mario in the QB doesn't have as much of a chance to throw it away, he takes the sack more often, the QB seems to have the opportunity to throw it away more often without Mario in, does that create more opportunity for INT's? Are sacks always that positive?
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011   #132
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
So NOW you're discounting the competition? Never mind the fact that Mario's stats were inflated by playing Miami and indy. Your agenda is as transparent as your manlove for Mario.

Ive ragged in Mario plenty. Check some of my old post.

That said, your mind cannot be so small that you equate saying that mario's presence makes this team better to some kind of agenda.

Show me one post where I said Antonio, reed, barwin or anyone in the front 7 sucks.

Tk laid it out very nicely yet you seem to be the sole party that is making this a love/hate thing.

You are the one that is transparent. Obviously he put something in your gf. That's the only logical explanation because if anyone says anything remotely positive about Mario you hit the panic button.

Saying we're not as good but still effective is not something to freak out about. Saying Mario makes us better is not a personal insult to anyone. . . Well except to you I guess.
Old 10-30-2011   #133
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4924 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Not gunna read the whole thread, but Mario was killing it before the injury. i don't give a chit who he was going up against, fact is they were NFL players, and he was making it happen...

That said, i am excited about Reed, he's doing a good job, glad we have him...

Sent from my ryePhone 12G using Tapakeg

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011   #134
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24657 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkcookie View Post
Not gunna read the whole thread, but Mario was killing it before the injury. i don't give a chit who he was going up against, fact is they were NFL players, and he was making it happen...

That said, i am excited about Reed, he's doing a good job, glad we have him...

Sent from my ryePhone 12G using Tapakeg
I really don't get the competition argument.

Great players always rack up stats on bad matchups. Andre doesn't put up numbers on Revis, he does it against bad corners. It's the NFL and Mario isn't going to beat elite blockers consistently. Just like Andre isn't going to beat Revis consistently.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011   #135
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
I really don't get the competition argument.

Great players always rack up stats on bad matchups. Andre doesn't put up numbers on Revis, he does it against bad corners. It's the NFL and Mario isn't going to beat elite blockers consistently. Just like Andre isn't going to beat Revis consistently.
You need to remove that post mate cos when DaleMurphy sees the truth he's going to start up a thread saying cut AJ due to injury issues and the fact he can't play against top opposition!
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011   #136
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Look, Reed's doing some good things but let's not act like he's out there raising havoc & his speed is creating problems for the LT b/c it's really not. his 2 sacks have basically been coverage sacks...lol, relax mussop i'll take those too.

But we'll likely have problems with a better qb & that's what i foresee us having when we go against better teams. The pressure just hasn't been the same as it was when mario was in there. EVERYONE on the DL was getting off when he was playing. with him out, not so much.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011   #137
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
...lol, relax mussop i'll take those too.
LOL, hey man I don't know what has gotten into me lately. I have turned into a grouchy opinionated old fart with a bad temper. I guess it's work stress. I have ridiculous deadlines that are nearly impossible to meet and 99 % of the guys that my company hires and sends me are ****in retards.

I feel like I'm running a daycare full of kids with A.D.D.. I come here to get my mind away from work and it hasn't been working lately. I guess i need a long vacation.

I went back and re read most of the threads I have been posting in lately and I realize I need to apologize to everyone that I have been an asshole to. So if I have offended any of you I apologize.

This apology is sincere unlike the one I left for Supermario.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read