Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-25-2011   #1
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Do you believe?

I want to! I'm trying, but it's hard! I feel like a guy that is in love with a beautiful girl but finds out she'd slept with all his friends. Can she change? Will she? There are alot of negatives.

I have no confidence in Kubiak as a leader or his ability to make adjustments. I don't believe Schaub is a QB that can carry a team. I question whether our OL has the mental or physical makeup to control the line of scrimmage against a hard nosed DL.

On D we all know one side of the secondary is going to get picked on and loose alot of the time. I think most see the same things as our weak spots. But despite all the above mentioned short comings and my heart telling me these are insurmountable deficiencies, I'm starting to believe we have a chance to overcome all of them and finally turn the corner and become a real legitimate playoff caliber team.

With the remaining schedule being very favorable, our D starting to pick up the scheme better each week, AJ coming back, Foster returning to last years form and Tate becoming a solid backup option, I could see us starting a momentum swing that could build the confidence in this team and carry us into a new era of consistent winning.

Like I said I'm trying. Help me out here all you optimist. Give me some more positives to hang onto. I really want to start enjoying my football again.
Old 10-25-2011   #2
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Do you believe?

If you've been a fan of Houston sports for any length of time and you don't have doubts about your team, you haven't been paying attention.

All we can do is hope to be pleasantly surprised.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011   #3
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 101383 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I just spent 20 minutes typing out a helluva post..

I ****ed it up! :
Old 10-25-2011   #4
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Dude.

If you don't believe, you don't believe. It's no big thing.

If you think they're going to find some way to screw up this perfect opportunity, if you think Kubiak is a crap HC who can't possibly pull it together, if you think that Schaub has a noodle arm and he's made of glass and doesn't have the heart, if you think that our secondary is swiss cheese that will give up games left and right -- that's fine. There's nothing wrong with that.

If you think they're setting us up just to let us down, then expect that and you won't get let down; you'll just be pleasantly surprised if they actually are able to turn it around and do something.

Make them prove it to you.

But. Just as an aside, think about some other teams around the league. How would you be feeling if you were an Arizona Cardinal fan, or a Titan fan, or a Jag fan, or a Buffalo fan, or a Detroit fan? Take a look at every team out there and think about how you'd feel if you were a fan of that team. Being a fan is a rollercoaster. It's fairly rare for a team to dominate all the way through the season, through the post-season, and win the Super Bowl. Almost every team has ups and downs and lots of teams that eventually win Super Bowls have a lot of questions and doubts during the season.

This team hasn't done anything to make us have anything other than doubts.

And I'm an optimist.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011   #5
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I just spent 20 minutes typing out a helluva post..

I ****ed it up! :
TB!

Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011   #6
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Hell yeah!! I believe
<<----- check tha Avatar; check the sig...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
I want to! I'm trying, but it's hard! I feel like a guy that is in love with a beautiful girl but finds out she'd slept with all his friends. Can she change? Will she? There are alot of negatives.
Dude, she ain't ever going to change, but you fall in love with who you fall in love with. So what are you gonna do?

But this isn't like that at all. This is more like your kids. You send them to school, you buy them books.. but they're still as dumb as a box of rocks.

You keep thinking things will change, the kid will catch on... You switch classrooms, change teachers, buy him pants that fit... & you hope.

That's support.

Some people kick the kid out of the house, disown him, wipe their hands of him & wait for him to get better. Then the kid gets an NFL contract, big-baller, top ten pick.... & all of a sudden, it's all, "Hey son, remember me, you're successful because I showed you that tough love."

That's a bandwagon jumper.

Quote:
I have no confidence in Kubiak as a leader or his ability to make adjustments. I don't believe Schaub is a QB that can carry a team. I question whether our OL has the mental or physical makeup to control the line of scrimmage against a hard nosed DL.

On D we all know one side of the secondary is going to get picked on and loose alot of the time. I think most see the same things as our weak spots. But despite all the above mentioned short comings and my heart telling me these are insurmountable deficiencies, I'm starting to believe we have a chance to overcome all of them and finally turn the corner and become a real legitimate playoff caliber team.

With the remaining schedule being very favorable, our D starting to pick up the scheme better each week, AJ coming back, Foster returning to last years form and Tate becoming a solid backup option, I could see us starting a momentum swing that could build the confidence in this team and carry us into a new era of consistent winning.

Like I said I'm trying. Help me out here all you optimist. Give me some more positives to hang onto. I really want to start enjoying my football again.
Got any brothers? Remember when you always picked on him, but when someone ragged on him, or tried to kick his ass, you stepped in... "Nobody hits my brother but me!!"

This is what it is. No one expects you to be blind, put your head in the sand, or anything like that. Cross your fingers every Sunday, say a few words to the man upstairs... & cheer your ass off.

Win, lose, or draw, enjoy the ride.
Old 10-26-2011   #7
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Lets just say I have hope and leave it at that

Thanks for sharing btw
Old 10-26-2011   #8
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Never understood this whole "I'm a Houston fan" thing like we have no major titles in the city's history.

Good God the Rockets are pissed on in this city.

Anyway, Y'all know my stance.
Old 10-26-2011   #9
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27592 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
Never understood this whole "I'm a Houston fan" thing like we have no major titles in the city's history.

Good God the Rockets are pissed on in this city.

Anyway, Y'all know my stance.
The bad thing is most people outside the city of Houston don't recognize those rings because they were the Jordan retirement/just returning from retirement years. Screw those idiots! I'll always back Houston sports teams to the fullest and no one else. I have other players I love to watch and like to see do well, but not like Houston sports teams. Winning or losing, I won't jump ship and start flirting with some other "chicks". These are my ride or die teams. Lately I've just been doing a whole lot of dying.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011   #10
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 35346 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I want to! I'm trying, but it's hard!

I really want to start enjoying my football again.
Me too! I really want to get back to watching this team as a fan and not a coach. I don't want to yell at the games and TV, "What are you doing?!?!?"

I am optimistic that no defense is going to have an answer for Johnson, Foster, Daniels, Dreessen, Casey or Johnson, Foster, Jones, Mason, Daniels.

And no offense is going to have an answer for Cushing's Crusaders.
Old 10-26-2011   #11
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 172895 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Look, all fanbases have worries.
The Packers have no real running game, neither do the Patriots. And I'll bet good money that both fan bases are scared crapless of what would happen if their franchise QB went down and they had to lean more heavily on those suspect running attacks.
The Jets and Cowpie fanbases don't know what the hell to expect from Sanchez or Romo from week to week. And the Flacco-led Raven offense was just exposed as a fraud in front of a national audience. Niners fans are scared crapless that Frank Gore will go down again and they'll have to rely on Alex Smith.
The Cinerella Bills and Lions have both lost two games each in the last two weeks - the Lions two straight at home - so their fans have probably got that "oh crap, here we go again" thought creeping into their collective minds.
The Saints and the Steelers have shown to be beatable.

Point is EVERY team has flaws and every fanbase worries about having those flaws exploited by whoever is next on their schedule.... That you have identified and worry about our flaws just tells me you're an astute fan of our team. You see the same places that could stand upgrades that the rest of us do. So stop worrying about your worrying.

So try to enjoy football for the love of the game and, as TK said, "enjoy the ride." That's what I do.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011   #12
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm waiting til the bye!
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011   #13
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Do you believe?
Mulder is calling your cell now.

We all know that the Texans are just as capable of beating this weeks Kittens by 20 points or more or losing on the last play of the game as time runs out. We've see it all before.

I believe the Texans have the talent to win out and go to the Super Bowl. The problem with that reasoning is there are other teams that can say that as well. How the team reacts and how Kubiak coachs from week to week will determine what happens. I'm just in a wait and see mode right now, and hoping good things happen. No matter who you are though, you do have to admit that this year, the Texans chances of seeing a home playoff game are the best they've ever been.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011   #14
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I still cant believe they didn't draft Mark Herzlich.

You are a very bi-polar fan. They lose and we get a negative thread. They win and we get this, whatever thread this is.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011   #15
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
This team hasn't done anything to make us have anything other than doubts.

And I'm an optimist.
Great post overall, but this really nailed it.

I tend to be a bit cynical, but I also try to be a realist.

And while this year's team is certainly capable of beating itself, there is something different about it.

Wade is a big part of the equation. His leadership on defense is obvious, and it's getting better every week.

I think great defenses can win games by themselves, and add a potent offense like we've had for the past couple of seasons, the sky is the limit for this team.

They just need to be consistent, and this is the aspect that keeps me suspicious of them. Until they can prove to be consistent from week to week, "belief" will be a matter of the results of their last game.

I think they should win the next two games. 6-3 would do a lot for Texans fans. If any season is "the season", this is the one. The stars are aligned, Manning is out, the division is as weak as it's ever been, and all the Texans needs to do is be consistent and seize the opportunity to finally establish something positive.

When I look big picture, I think they go to the playoffs this year. So I guess in that regard, I believe.
Old 10-26-2011   #16
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

It is all about hope. Whether we are talking sports, fishing, relationships or politics. Last Sunday's team gave me hope again. Next Sunday's team........
Old 10-26-2011   #17
thunderkyss 
&amp; so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
It is all about hope. Whether we are talking sports, fishing, relationships or politics. Last Sunday's team gave me hope again. Next Sunday's team........
hope & change....
Old 10-26-2011   #18
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Im a homer i have no choice but to believe
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011   #19
97roc
Veteran

Rep Power: 139 97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
Im a homer i have no choice but to believe
Pass the kool aid.
Old 10-26-2011   #20
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
I still cant believe they didn't draft Mark Herzlich.
I know right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
You are a very bi-polar fan. They lose and we get a negative thread. They win and we get this, whatever thread this is.
What exactly is your point? Or did you just want to call me bi-polar? And quit sending me private messages asking to exchange penis pics. I don't swing that way.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read