Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-25-2011   #1
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans cut Trindon Holliday

espn_afcsouth Paul Kuharsky
#Texans cut returner/WR Trindon Holliday, sign S/returner Quintin Demps.
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011   #2
XI CMURDER IX
Gig 'em

Rep Power: 1517 XI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans cut Trindon Holliday

Well that was short lived, at least he fielded the ball good! Then ran backwards and lost some yards.
XI CMURDER IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011   #3
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 191099 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Wonder who returns punts and kicks now .... Andersen ? Keo ? McCain ?!

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011   #4
Ndevine7
All Pro

Rep Power: 273 Ndevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Mcmanis on kickoff and Jones on punts supposedly
Old 10-25-2011   #5
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
NickScurfield Nick Scurfield
Texans' kick returners are now CB Sherrick McManis (kickoffs) & Jacoby Jones (punts). Demps a backup at both spots
Old 10-25-2011   #6
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 324753 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

My son is going to be bummed. Not because Holliday is any good, but he liked the fact that he was only 5'5" tall.
Old 10-25-2011   #7
srrono
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
My son is going to be bummed. Not because Holliday is any good, but he liked the fact that he was only 5'5" tall.
i know the texans can be sneaky and have trindon hide in another players helmet. Ultimate trick play!
Sponsored links
Old 10-25-2011   #8
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
So did I. As a short person (only 5'4") I liked having someone of comparable height on my favorite NFL team. Was rooting for the little guy. Inspiration to short people everywhere, I daresay.
Old 10-25-2011   #9
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 324753 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyE View Post
So did I. As a short person (only 5'4") I liked having someone of comparable height on my favorite NFL team. Was rooting for the little guy. Inspiration to short people everywhere, I daresay.
He was wondering how tall MJD was last night during MNF, so I told him to look on the internets. Turns out Holliday is the shortest player in the NFL.

I was rooting for him, too. We daydreamed that maybe the Texans could have the shortest and tallest in a couple of years (my oldest son is 6'10", RT at SFA).

But it was not meant to be.
Old 10-25-2011   #10
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
He was wondering how tall MJD was last night during MNF, so I told him to look on the internets. Turns out Holliday is the shortest player in the NFL.

I was rooting for him, too. We daydreamed that maybe the Texans could have the shortest and tallest in a couple of years (my oldest son is 6'10", RT at SFA).

I'll hope we'll have the tallest, then! If I ever meet your son I think I may break my neck just trying to make eye contact.

He's not too bummed about 45-10 is he?
Old 10-25-2011   #11
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyE View Post
I'll hope we'll have the tallest, then! If I ever meet your son I think I may break my neck just trying to make eye contact.

He's not too bummed about 45-10 is he?
yeah, this season has been a disaster. He got hurt (MCL) before the Piney Woods game at Reliant and hasn't played since. He's hoping for a return in November, but only time will tell.

He's a bit tall for an NFL lineman, but he's got a lot of heart. This was his first injury. Not severe, and that's the only wear and tear on his body. He just wants an invite to the combine in 2013 to get a shot.
Old 10-25-2011   #12
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 124668 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

A sign that Dre is coming back this week perhaps?
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011   #13
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Here today, gone tomorrow. Then here again the day after, then gone again?

This is confusing
Old 10-25-2011   #14
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Dang. Slap in the face to Holliday. How did Keo make it through this one?

Demps. It is what it is. We finally have quality starters but of course, bad depth. Would've liked to see McMannis get a shot, heard some junk about Brandon Harris getting an opportunity at S, Keo proved he needs a LOT of work and Nolan...well HE'S STARTING NOW.

Barber was the ST/no real game guy that Keo has seemingly replaced. I mean what do you say? At least it's not John Busing?

Safety, #2 CB and WR have made themselves draft priorities in my view.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011   #15
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
yeah, this season has been a disaster. He got hurt (MCL) before the Piney Woods game at Reliant and hasn't played since. He's hoping for a return in November, but only time will tell.

He's a bit tall for an NFL lineman, but he's got a lot of heart. This was his first injury. Not severe, and that's the only wear and tear on his body. He just wants an invite to the combine in 2013 to get a shot.
Your son is pretty good....

I don't know all the players he is going against and I haven't really focused solely on him, but from what I have seen he is far from a liability.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011   #16
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 248395 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
We don't have anyone on our team named Anderson do we?

I hope not.
Old 10-25-2011   #17
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 102457 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

ewwwww i bet that SHSU pounding was tough JK. Thats cool though i watched that game on TV
Old 10-25-2011   #18
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 209676 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Dang. Slap in the face to Holliday. How did Keo make it through this one?
We'll probably be asking ourselves the same question next season.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011   #19
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 63941 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder when we're going to call him again. He's becoming the Texans' booty call for punt returners.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011   #20
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
espn_afcsouth Paul Kuharsky
#Texans cut returner/WR Trindon Holliday, sign S/returner Quintin Demps.
I stay away from Paul Kuharsky. While he does report things as they happen, he is also a Tinnbred hack. He's made way too many snide and snarky remarks about everyone not Tennessee. I'm not gonna go into specifics, but they're well documented on Twitter. There are plenty of other better sources where you can get the same info...

That said, I still follow this fool or tool (not sure which) on Twitter, so shame on me! FML!!

Bill!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read