Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-25-2011   #1
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194239 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Ryans & Brandon Harris info

Can't find way to link to Oct 25th Houston Chronicle but on page 5 section C under Texans Summary: Ryans shut out gary discussed Achilles rupture, elbow discomfort and a 'little hammy issue' which we all knew. He goes on to say he, Kubiak had seen some comment from people wondewring, rep-wise what's going on. "We played a team (Titans) that had us in dime(coverage). Our defense was on field for I think 58 plays, and 40 of them were in dime." Ryans does not play dime. Cushing doesn't leave field". I think we knew that probably but first I've seen Gary talk about it.

In John McClain's article on safety, see link http://www.chron.com/sports/texans/a...or-2234492.php

Positives for Harris

Fans have been wondering when Harris was going to contribute, considering how high he was drafted.

"We've been crowded at corner, so that's made it tough on him," Kubiak said about Harris not getting more playing time. "He hasn't done anything wrong. He's done some good things.

"He's a bright player, understands schemes and understands what's going on.

"We think Wade and Vance can catch him up real quick. We're going to take a look and give him an opportunity and work with him over the course of this week.

"We're going to see how things go this week, watch those guys work, and decide where we move from there. We'll see who can handle it the best."

I remember a post that Gary said cornerback position was crowded but not much else. I apologise if this was posted and I missed. I have been puzzled about Harris not getting any plays.
Old 10-25-2011   #2
XI CMURDER IX
Gig 'em

Rep Power: 1517 XI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ryans & Brandon Harris info

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Can't find way to link to Oct 25th Houston Chronicle but on page 5 section C under Texans Summary: Ryans shut out gary discussed Achilles rupture, elbow discomfort and a 'little hammy issue' which we all knew. He goes on to say he, Kubiak had seen some comment from people wondewring, rep-wise what's going on. "We played a team (Titans) that had us in dime(coverage). Our defense was on field for I think 58 plays, and 40 of them were in dime." Ryans does not play dime. Cushing doesn't leave field". I think we knew that probably but first I've seen Gary talk about it.

In John McClain's article on safety, see link http://www.chron.com/sports/texans/a...or-2234492.php

Positives for Harris

Fans have been wondering when Harris was going to contribute, considering how high he was drafted.

"We've been crowded at corner, so that's made it tough on him," Kubiak said about Harris not getting more playing time. "He hasn't done anything wrong. He's done some good things.

"We think Wade and Vance can catch him up real quick. We're going to take a look and give him an opportunity and work with him over the course of this week.

"We're going to see how things go this week, watch those guys work, and decide where we move from there. We'll see who can handle it the best."

I remember a post that Gary said cornerback position was crowded but not much else. I apologise if this was posted and I missed. I have been puzzled about Harris not getting any plays.
I think he is trying to keep the secondary rookie free this year. Kareem Jackson might as well be a rookie though.
XI CMURDER IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011   #3
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 85971 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Positives for Harris

The bold was in response to Gary saying on his radio show that Harris will be playing some Safety now that they are depleted....

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Fitzmagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011   #4
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Is it just me or do people seem upset over Ryans' playing time?
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011   #5
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194239 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Is it just me or do people seem upset over Ryans' playing time?
I think fans see players on field and think they are 100% even if fans know player is still recovering. If a starter is off field as much as Ryans was against 10C, fans want to know why.
Old 10-25-2011   #6
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Positives for Harris

Old 10-26-2011   #7
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think fans see players on field and think they are 100% even if fans know player is still recovering. If a starter is off field as much as Ryans was against 10C, fans want to know why.
Ryans was only on the field for 17 snaps Vs the Tits according to Gary ..... Mainly due to the Tits playing from behind and them being in nickle & dime packages the vast majority of the game.

Cushing is the only LBer on the field in those situations due to his athletic ability - being able to both rush the passer and cover RB's.

As for when they are on the field together - The majority of that time , Cushing is playing downhill either rushing the passer or playing the run. Ryans has more coverage responsibility in those situations thus he's not filling up the stat sheet and fans dont notice his performance because its not documented. Just look at the lack of production from the Tit's TE's / RB's while they were in their base defense and you'll see Ryans is doing his job well.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-26-2011   #8
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm 100% fine with keeping rookies out of the defensive backfield for the foreseeable future.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011   #9
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 23870 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Its good to hear that they're happy with Harris in practice. I think guys like Jackson and McCain are getting their chance to improve with some real coaching which is the right thing to do, and Brandon just has to wait his turn, hopefully that will make him better when he does finally see the field.

As for Ryans, he's done well so far and I can only see his fitness improving as time passes, and then we'll see good play return to great play hopefully.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read