Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-25-2011   #21
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 56302 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: AJ doing a little smack talkin to Finnegan

Paging Khari.

Paging Dr. Khari to the AJ thread stat.
Old 10-25-2011   #22
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

AJ could have rings right now if he wasn't so loyal to the Texans. I truly believe this to be true.

Dude will have his number retired, and they should cast his image in bronze riding one of those legless cows in front of Reliant.

I just hope he can play in at least one playoff game before he retires...
Old 10-25-2011   #23
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
I had to reply to this to see if I was missing a new emoticon. Someone needs to drum this one up immediately!
I'm thinking animated .gif ?
Old 10-25-2011   #24
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 90089 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
AJ could have rings right now if he wasn't so loyal to the Texans. I truly believe this to be true.

Dude will have his number retired, and they should cast his image in bronze riding one of those legless cows in front of Reliant.

I just hope he can play in at least one playoff game before he retires...
That is not necessarily true. What if AJ had left to go to the Redskins after his first contract was up? Or the Raiders?
Old 10-25-2011   #25
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Rep Power: 41913 Luv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
WTF games are you two watching? Play action is the heart of our offense and Schaub is one of the best in the league at selling it.
I believe Alan Jackson said it best when he said, "Too much of a good thing--is a good thing."

I simply stated that I don't think it's utilized enough! Didn't say they didn't use it. In the games we've lost, I didn't see it as much. Granted, I don't sit and watch the game with notepad in hand...maybe others do.

JMO.

Special Thanks to False Start for the awesome sig! U Rock!
Luv_ya_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011   #26
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 147070 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh my, Coutland Innegan died.

I'm going to pour a bottle of Zima on his grave as a tribute to this fallen punk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z1_D...eature=related
Old 10-25-2011   #27
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
That is not necessarily true. What if AJ had left to go to the Redskins after his first contract was up? Or the Raiders?
Why would he go to the Redskins? He's got enough money (if you can ever truly have enough) he could have gone to the Patriots, Jets, Bears (last year only), Colts... Ravens..

he could have easily won a Super Bowl with any of those teams.
Old 10-25-2011   #28
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 90089 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Why would he go to the Redskins? He's got enough money (if you can ever truly have enough) he could have gone to the Patriots, Jets, Bears (last year only), Colts... Ravens..

he could have easily won a Super Bowl with any of those teams.
WHen do the Colts, Bears or Pats spend buttloads of money in free agency on WR's?

You can say "Oh if he wasn't on the Texans he would've won ________" But you don't know which teams he could've gone to in free agency or what his motivation could've been.

Besides that Andre had a really really bad agent his first years in the league, which can obviously sway a player to go somewhere that us, as fans, would've never thought he would've gone to.
Old 10-25-2011   #29
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
"Could have" is the operative phrase in my statement.

Like TK said, if he had went to a few teams, there is no doubt that the QB/WR connection would have proven productive.

AJ could have put rings ahead of loyalty and money, so he hooks up with Brady, Manning, Brees, or Rogers. Any doubt that he'd have rings with these QBs tossing the ball to him?

And hey, it could still happen. Dude is not hurting for money, so the options would be his to choose. 31 other teams would not hesitate.

Fortunately for us, he likes us.
Old 10-25-2011   #30
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 59860 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

5 years.

No, not the David Bowie song - but 5 years to get AJ a ring. That's all the Texans have.

That's one of the reasons I'm so pissed at Bobby and Kubes for running their talent into the ground.
EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011   #31
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4924 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
AJ

Man, i cannot stop laughing at the image of those legless "cows".. lol

I've often fallen into deep thought over those incomplete beasts, wondering if there was some sort of symbolism there...

....or if the artsy-fartsy creator had one of those moments of "genius" all artists say they have...

Honestly they look kinda cool, and are different, so i don't hate on 'em too much... But i sometimes think the artist realized they were short on materials, and quickly approaching the deadline decided missing legs would be more acceptable than missing heads... then passed it off as an "abstract" piece...

Sent from my ryePhone 12G using Tapakeg

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011   #32
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Didn't ask if your opinion was clearly expressed. It was. And it was just wrong. Schaub has one of the best play action fakes going. It is one of the strong points which would be listed about him. There is a reason he can run a play action, roll and hit a wide open Dreesen or Foster and it is because the D has bought into the run. That isn't all fear of the RB. That is also salesmanship by both QB and RB. The little exaggeration you are looking for would downgrade him. D's see QB's who oversell the hand-off. It has to look the same and then be hidden well. Schaub does that.
When Dennison first came to the Texans, he couldn't believe how the play action had worked for the Texans at all given that the running game was struggling.

Schaub may be the best.
Old 10-25-2011   #33
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post
Oh my, Coutland Innegan died.

I'm going to pour a bottle of Zima on his grave as a tribute to this fallen punk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z1_D...eature=related

Be sure and run it through your kidneys first.
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011   #34
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkcookie View Post
Man, i cannot stop laughing at the image of those legless "cows".. lol

I've often fallen into deep thought over those incomplete beasts, wondering if there was some sort of symbolism there...

....or if the artsy-fartsy creator had one of those moments of "genius" all artists say they have...

Honestly they look kinda cool, and are different, so i don't hate on 'em too much... But i sometimes think the artist realized they were short on materials, and quickly approaching the deadline decided missing legs would be more acceptable than missing heads... then passed it off as an "abstract" piece...

Sent from my ryePhone 12G using Tapakeg
lol!

I used to say that they represented our running game. Fortunately, I can't joke about that anymore! Let's all hope it stays that way for a long time, too.

They do like kinda' cool...but it's weird, because the bulls are not contorted...they look 'realistic'...except for the lack of legs, of course. I've never been displeased with them, but they have puzzled me at times. Definitely better than some of the abstract stuff you see around town.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read