Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-24-2011   #1
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Rep Power: 21296 Luv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respected
Default AJ doing a little smack talkin to Finnegan

I apologize if this has already been around...and I'm sure that it has. I just haven't seen it and it's worth watchin' a couple more times, imo.

Never pictured Andre as much of a smack talker.

http://youtu.be/pcy3-QcKaC4

Not much...just 17 seconds of Dre abusing Finnegan. Sure wish it was longer.

Special Thanks to False Start for the awesome sig! U Rock!
Luv_ya_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #2
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: AJ doing a little smack talkin to Finnegan

"don't get frustrated, you know I will tear your ass up"
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #3
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

The only thing that could have made yesterday's win better would have ben AJ torching Finnegan and talking trash afterwards. Next time!

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #4
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Rep Power: 21296 Luv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respected

http://youtu.be/FP4RH3Ns4t0

Highlights from 2010 season, for AJ.

How many of these would've been touchdowns if Schaubie could've hit AJ in stride!?!?!

Wow...he's a beast!

Old 10-24-2011   #5
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Titans suck
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #6
KA4Texan
C27A

Rep Power: 5487 KA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

MSR Thanks for this
Old 10-24-2011   #7
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow. Thanks for posting that.

I've actually only seen the NFL Films version which edits the exchange just before the "I'm going to tear your ass up" part----which is the best part for any Texans fan.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-25-2011   #8
Clamp
Rookie

Rep Power: 167 Clamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv_ya_blue View Post

How many of these would've been touchdowns if Schaubie could've hit AJ in stride!?!?!

Wow...he's a beast!
That is a good watch. Just to touch on what you said about Schaub hitting him in stride. Schaub's arm has been talked about a lot here and so i went back to see how far those passes went from when it left his hand to when Dre caught them. There was only one pass of 50 yards and several for 45, and some of those were in stride but most Dre had to slow down for because it is pretty clear that is the limit to how far he can get it down the field. What I thought was interesting was that as many of those were made on the run as they were where he had time to set up and really let it go. And for the most part they were pretty accurate either way. Also they had a LOT of hang time bc Schaub had to air them out, but most of the passes under 40 were on a line and very well thrown. So I personally like his arm and how he delivers the ball, but I just wanted to share what I took from the video...other than Andre's sheer awesomeness.
Clamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011   #9
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clamp View Post
That is a good watch. Just to touch on what you said about Schaub hitting him in stride. Schaub's arm has been talked about a lot here and so i went back to see how far those passes went from when it left his hand to when Dre caught them. There was only one pass of 50 yards and several for 45, and some of those were in stride but most Dre had to slow down for because it is pretty clear that is the limit to how far he can get it down the field. What I thought was interesting was that as many of those were made on the run as they were where he had time to set up and really let it go. And for the most part they were pretty accurate either way. Also they had a LOT of hang time bc Schaub had to air them out, but most of the passes under 40 were on a line and very well thrown. So I personally like his arm and how he delivers the ball, but I just wanted to share what I took from the video...other than Andre's sheer awesomeness.

I didn't watch this particular video closely, but I've watched Schaub too many times to count--to know that he has his hot & cold moments of depth and accuracy. I don't want to derail this thread's focus--Andre's sheer awesomeness! So I'll just say that there are a lot of NFL QBs that don't have the strongest arms or the greatest accuracy, and that's what makes them average. I'd say Schaub is a 7 on the 10 scale...but that's all he'll probably ever be. Too many times receivers have to slow down, stop, or even come back to the ball once he's "let loose" when he's not under pressure.

But hey...we beat the fire outta the Tacks this week...life is good!

Old 10-25-2011   #10
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Dre is a bad man!
Old 10-25-2011   #11
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 69312 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011   #12
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

Wow...he's a beast!
Great Video, I counted 7 that should have been thrown better. I think one was a TD, but I counted it anyway.

It also shows Matt making some plays a few times, escaping pressure, resetting and unloading. One of those passes, he was standing on our 25 & threw it to the other 25, so he's got a range of 50 yards.

I understand everyone has their limitations but to be great, you've got to make the most of those limitations. If he would just get around quicker on those naked boots, 50 yards is more than enough.

He also made some good throws on the run, he needs to do more of that.
Old 10-25-2011   #13
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Great Video, I counted 7 that should have been thrown better. I think one was a TD, but I counted it anyway.

It also shows Matt making some plays a few times, escaping pressure, resetting and unloading. One of those passes, he was standing on our 25 & threw it to the other 25, so he's got a range of 50 yards.

I understand everyone has their limitations but to be great, you've got to make the most of those limitations. If he would just get around quicker on those naked boots, 50 yards is more than enough.

He also made some good throws on the run, he needs to do more of that.
I think that the play action is one of the most UNDER-utilized things in our arsenal. It is masterful to watch that play action and naked bootleg.

Old 10-25-2011   #14
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 264510 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Dre is a bad man!
You see this cat Johnson is a baaad mother...
(Shut your mouth)
But I'm talkin' about Dre
(Then we can dig it)
Old 10-25-2011   #15
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think that the play action is one of the most UNDER-utilized things in our arsenal. It is masterful to watch that play action and naked bootleg.
Just imagine if he worked the play action like Manning, the way he extends the ball... a little exageration, where the defense is looking at that ball & they can't resist.....

I think Matt's been pretty sloppy with it this year, it's out of shear fear of Arian that it's been working so well.
Old 10-25-2011   #16
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 303034 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
Just imagine if he worked the play action like Manning, the way he extends the ball... a little exageration, where the defense is looking at that ball & they can't resist.....

I think Matt's been pretty sloppy with it this year, it's out of shear fear of Arian that it's been working so well.
WTF games are you two watching? Play action is the heart of our offense and Schaub is one of the best in the league at selling it.
Old 10-25-2011   #17
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
WTF games are you two watching? Play action is the heart of our offense and Schaub is one of the best in the league at selling it.
I thought I was pretty clear.
Quote:
Yup, I clearly expressed my opinion there.
Old 10-25-2011   #18
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 303034 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I thought I was pretty clear.

Yup, I clearly expressed my opinion there.
Didn't ask if your opinion was clearly expressed. It was. And it was just wrong. Schaub has one of the best play action fakes going. It is one of the strong points which would be listed about him. There is a reason he can run a play action, roll and hit a wide open Dreesen or Foster and it is because the D has bought into the run. That isn't all fear of the RB. That is also salesmanship by both QB and RB. The little exaggeration you are looking for would downgrade him. D's see QB's who oversell the hand-off. It has to look the same and then be hidden well. Schaub does that.
Old 10-25-2011   #19
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 114610 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think the bootleg itself, or at least a roll-out kept holding the Offense back against the Raiders and the Ravens when they were getting pressure. When the pocket collapses, you adapt your offense, the Texans didn't.
Old 10-25-2011   #20
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
I had to reply to this to see if I was missing a new emoticon. Someone needs to drum this one up immediately!
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read