Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-25-2011   #21
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Since everyones Drinking KOOL AID AGAIN. What will be the score next week ?

The Ravens are putrid on offense, strong on D. We are pretty good on D, way better on offense. 20-6
Old 10-25-2011   #22
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default Re: Since everyones Drinking KOOL AID AGAIN. What will be the score next week ?

Jags tend to get back on track against us but they seem to be gaining momentum in preparation for Battle Red Day.
Old 10-25-2011   #23
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I'm going to say 13-0

Houston

Old 10-25-2011   #24
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans 23
Jags 20
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011   #25
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans- 34
Jags- 13

mmmmm-mmmmmM!!!!!!!!!
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011   #26
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Re: Since everyones Drinking KOOL AID AGAIN. What will be the score next week ?
Way too much to not nearly enough??
Old 10-25-2011   #27
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 64065 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Little early to say. With Dre, and Thor possibly returning, it could get ugly, uglier than those tarps from the MNF game.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-25-2011   #28
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11949 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Baltimore's offense laid an egg last night. It happens. We know first hand that they can play a good bit better than that, because we have seen it.

The Jags are a real, live NFL team that appears to have a solid defense. Who expected them to open the season 1-5? No one that I can recall. They are clearly not as bad as that record indicated.

Now the Jags are 2-5. If they beat the Texans on Sunday, they will be 3-5, one game behind the 4-4 Texans. This is the NFL ladies and gentlemen. There are no free passes. The Texans will have to show up and play hard if they want to win.

Which I believe the Texans will do, 27-13.
MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011   #29
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll make a prediction. This game is going to be ugly. The Jaguars offense is going to make our defense look all world. Blaine Gabbert currently is hot garbage as a QB but the Jags can run the ball somewhat. On the flip side the Jags have great DT's and our O-line seems to have problems when they play great DT's. Offense isn't going to need to beat them down over and over, they just need to get about 20 or so points.

All that being said I'm going to say 17 - 13 good guys, and everybody comes back from the game pissed off.

Still though, I would say that the Ravens offense did more to hand the game to the Jaguars than what the Jaguars were doing. If Kubiak can come up with a few plays that exploit the Jaguars LB's (specifically Pouslouzny) or their DE's, then we should win this game. Troy Nolan better be ready to play well, because if Gabbert has a great game it could really be tough to win this.
Old 10-25-2011   #30
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4923 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

17-3 Texans

Sent from my ryePhone 12G using Tapakeg

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011   #31
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoMan View Post
The Jags are a real, live NFL team that appears to have a solid defense. Who expected them to open the season 1-5? No one that I can recall. They are clearly not as bad as that record indicated.

Now the Jags are 2-5. If they beat the Texans on Sunday, they will be 3-5, one game behind the 4-4 Texans. This is the NFL ladies and gentlemen. There are no free passes. The Texans will have to show up and play hard if they want to win.
The Jags have a top 10 run D.

The 6th passing D

6th total D

8th scoring D (ppg)

We'll have to help them jack those numbers up come Sunday.
Old 10-25-2011   #32
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Man did the Jag's defense ever take it to the Ravens ..... I quit watching about mid way 3rd quarter and they hadnt given up a first down , WTF ?! Gotta tip my hat to the Jaq D .....

Edit: Jacksonville didn't allow a first down until the 5:26 mark of the third quarter. Thats just amazing .....

If that same defense shows up next Sunday , the Texans will be in a for a hell of a fight ....

The possibility of AJ and Casey being back is a plus .... I sure hope they dont bring those guy's back too soon and have them end up worse for it. They cant afford to lose them for the season , the past three games was more than enough.
If they suit up, I would not start them unless we are getting significantly beaten & need to get back in game. I want a W but they need as much time off as possible.
Old 10-25-2011   #33
FR0497
Rookie

Rep Power: 268 FR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans get this one 23-13
FR0497 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011   #34
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Still though, I would say that the Ravens offense did more to hand the game to the Jaguars than what the Jaguars were doing. If Kubiak can come up with a few plays that exploit the Jaguars LB's (specifically Pouslouzny) or their DE's, then we should win this game. Troy Nolan better be ready to play well, because if Gabbert has a great game it could really be tough to win this.
Was Blaine Gabbert a running QB in college?

They had the option set up beautifully when they had man coverage set up to the right. BG botched it by pitching the ball to Rice after the DE & the OLB crashed down on him.

If Gabbert can run, he'd have picked up 15 on that play.

I don't know if it truly was the option or if he was rolling out to the right. Being that he pitched it, I think it was an option play. But I could be very, very wrong.
Old 10-25-2011   #35
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Was Blaine Gabbert a running QB in college?

They had the option set up beautifully when they had man coverage set up to the right. BG botched it by pitching the ball to Rice after the DE & the OLB crashed down on him.

If Gabbert can run, he'd have picked up 15 on that play.

I don't know if it truly was the option or if he was rolling out to the right. Being that he pitched it, I think it was an option play. But I could be very, very wrong.
I thought Mizzou ran a spread when Gabbert was there, but I could be mistaken. I remember him being more of a pocket guy with some quicks but not like Rodgers/Smith/Newton/Tebow where running is a viable option for designed plays.
Old 10-25-2011   #36
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

The Jags D was playing out of their minds last night. I knew they were decent, but that was impressive to me. The best thing we have going for us is they have a short week. If they play like they did last night we'll have our work cut out for us.

Establish the run, stop MJD and we should be ok.
Old 10-25-2011   #37
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
The Jags D was playing out of their minds last night. I knew they were decent, but that was impressive to me. The best thing we have going for us is they have a short week. If they play like they did last night we'll have our work cut out for us.

Establish the run, stop MJD and we should be ok.
Those two don't go hand in hand. The only way to stop MJD is to put up points & make them throw... or so it's been for us in the past.

If we can't score early on that D, they'll have no problem giving the ball to the little bowling ball 30+ times.
Old 10-25-2011   #38
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Those two don't go hand in hand. The only way to stop MJD is to put up points & make them throw... or so it's been for us in the past.

If we can't score early on that D, they'll have no problem giving the ball to the little bowling ball 30+ times.
How do they not go hand and hand? lol

We establish the run, we win TOP and keep their O off the field. We stop MJD, our D get's off the field. Our O on the field = potential points on the board.
Old 10-25-2011   #39
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
How do they not go hand and hand? lol

We establish the run, we win TOP and keep their O off the field. We stop MJD, our D get's off the field. Our O on the field = potential points on the board.
I meant their defense & stopping MJD

If we can't score on their D, MJD will get 30 carries, eat up time, keep our offense off the field. etc.. etc..
Old 10-25-2011   #40
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

17-7 Texans
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read