Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-24-2011   #1
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 78686 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Since everyones Drinking KOOL AID AGAIN. What will be the score next week ?

I love to hear next week predictions after a big win. All the Homerism comes out, well from most people. We still have the select few who want to see nothing more than an 0-16 season so Kubiak will be gone. But i am not one of them so i say the texans

WIN

31-10

Although after the blow out win last week i would love to follow that up with a 52-0 win .
Old 10-24-2011   #2
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Since everyones Drinking KOOL AID AGAIN. What will be the score next week ?

The Texans are actually favored by 10.5.

Jacksonville actually looking good against the Ravens. (could the power rankings in the AFC be more confusing?)

Texans will win 24-13.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #3
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 14086 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan
Default Re: Since everyones Drinking KOOL AID AGAIN. What will be the score next week ?

27-13 Texans. Jags are coming off a really high emotion game on a short week, their offense has little to offer, defense is solid but i still think we have the advantage.
Old 10-24-2011   #4
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

24-7 Texans. Jags D is not bad, but their offense can't stay on the field.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #5
Kthx
All Pro

Section: Bar Table
Rep Power: 8621 Kthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respected

After watching tonights game I am going to have to curb my enthusiasm a bit and go for something like 24-17 Texans. Well see how MJD does going up against Wade instead of Bush, because in the past hes burned us plenty of times. I hope the fumbleitis lasts through Sunday though.
Kthx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #6
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54251 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll say 30-16 or something of the sort.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #7
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39273 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I feel a lot more confident now that Jville has beaten Baltimore. Jacksonville is coming off an emotional win, short week, playing on the road, etc.. All should make for a victory for the Texans. 34-13.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-24-2011   #8
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

I have no idea anymore. Football is so crazy.
Old 10-24-2011   #9
Naiirb
All Pro

Rep Power: 2332 Naiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respected

The Jags just played their Superbowl. Texans bring theme back down to earth next Sunday 24-10
Naiirb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #10
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naiirb View Post
The Jags just played their Superbowl. Texans bring theme back down to earth next Sunday 24-10
Good point. I think next week will be our superbowl as well.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011   #11
TheDream34
Veteran

Rep Power: 558 TheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hopefully their kicker doesn't go all janikowski on us like he did today against the ravens
TheDream34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011   #12
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

41-7 book it.
Old 10-25-2011   #13
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post

Jacksonville actually looking good against the Ravens. (could the power rankings in the AFC be more confusing?)

Texans will win 24-13.
Man did the Jag's defense ever take it to the Ravens ..... I quit watching about mid way 3rd quarter and they hadnt given up a first down , WTF ?! Gotta tip my hat to the Jaq D .....

Edit: Jacksonville didn't allow a first down until the 5:26 mark of the third quarter. Thats just amazing .....

If that same defense shows up next Sunday , the Texans will be in a for a hell of a fight ....

The possibility of AJ and Casey being back is a plus .... I sure hope they dont bring those guy's back too soon and have them end up worse for it. They cant afford to lose them for the season , the past three games was more than enough.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011   #14
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 187579 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm with b0ng. I don't know what the hell to expect any more. Before this sorry offensive display, I had the Ravens as one of my first tier teams. I still think their defense is first tier but that offense is 2nd tier at best. It looked worse than that on MNF. Then again, the Jags' D shut held the Steelers to only 70 yds of offense in the 2nd half of that game. So maybe it was their D as much as the Ravens having a sorry night on offense.

Hopefully, the Jags are so beat up after this battle they won't have much in the tank. I think that if we can get the running game going again and keep Schaub upright, we'll have it made. If not, it'll be another ugly game. I HATE ugly games.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011   #15
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans 24
Jags 17
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011   #16
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54251 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

The AFC is so...freakin....wide open. Even the "consensus best" Patriots are ridiculously vulnerable.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011   #17
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I'm with b0ng. I don't know what the hell to expect any more. Before this sorry offensive display, I had the Ravens as one of my first tier teams. I still think their defense is first tier but that offense is 2nd tier at best. It looked worse than that on MNF. Then again, the Jags' D shut held the Steelers to only 70 yds of offense in the 2nd half of that game. So maybe it was their D as much as the Ravens having a sorry night on offense.

Hopefully, the Jags are so beat up after this battle they won't have much in the tank. I think that if we can get the running game going again and keep Schaub upright, we'll have it made. If not, it'll be another ugly game. I HATE ugly games.
I really thought the Ravens were the class of the AFC .... better than the Pats because .... the Pats dont play much D and the Ravens had been very balanced offensively thus far.
This conference is wide the **** open this year .... every team has its flaws.

Pats D sucks
Steelers O sucks
Chargers are inconsistent as usual
Ravens .... a tale of two teams
Texans .... See the Ravens.
Dolts .... Peytonless.
Tits .... Good , bad , ugly.
Jets ..... Does Sanchize show up ?! Or does he do his best HHWNBM impersionation!?
Raiders .... just too beat up now. Damn couldnt we have drawn them two weeks later ?!

Making me think of that Raiders game where they dominated every stat including turnovers and still lost ..... I had almost forgotten about that damn fake punt .... that was the dagger ... Was it McCain who was running down field at the return guy 35 yards from the LOS ?! ..... Im sick now. This calls for a couple shots and a soma to put my ass to sleep without nightmares of that game.

Old 10-25-2011   #18
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 187579 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I really thought the Ravens were the class of the AFC .... better than the Pats because .... the Pats dont play much D and the Ravens had been very balanced offensively thus far.
This conference is wide the **** open this year .... every team has its flaws.

Pats D sucks
Steelers O sucks
Chargers are inconsistent as usual
Ravens .... a tale of two teams
Texans .... See the Ravens.
Dolts .... Peytonless.
Tits .... Good , bad , ugly.
Jets ..... Does Sanchize show up ?! Or does he do his best HHWNBM impersionation!?
Raiders .... just too beat up now. Damn couldnt we have drawn them two weeks later ?!

Making me think of that Raiders game where they dominated every stat including turnovers and still lost ..... I had almost forgotten about that damn fake punt .... that was the dagger ... Was it McCain who was running down field at the return guy 35 yards from the LOS ?! ..... Im sick now. This calls for a couple shots and a soma to put my ass to sleep without nightmares of that game.
Good assessment.
But you forgot the two mystery teams the Bungles and the Buffalo wings. I say mystery because I don't know how they're pulling off their winning records. The Bills beat the Pats for goodness sakes. And then the Bungles turned around and beat the Bills.
Neither of them have an overly tough schedule once they get outside their division and both still have 5 more division games left. If they don't implode and have a decent showing in their divisions (meaning going 3-3 or better), both teams could make the playoff race a big mess.
Old 10-25-2011   #19
ObsiWan
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post

Texans will win 24-13.
I wonder how the line has changed after their win...?
Old 10-25-2011   #20
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Good assessment.
But you forgot the two mystery teams the Bungles and the Buffalo wings. I say mystery because I don't know how they're pulling off their winning records. The Bills beat the Pats for goodness sakes. And then the Bungles turned around and beat the Bills.
Neither of them have an overly tough schedule once they get outside their division and both still have 5 more division games left. If they don't implode and have a decent showing in their divisions (meaning going 3-3 or better), both teams could make the playoff race a big mess.
I think the Bungles are playing over their heads , thats such a young team ..... The Bills .... are hard to figure , are they for real ?! Both of them have tough division games ahead. I expect the Bungles to go 7-9 , the Bills , I just dont know .... they could go 7-9 or .... 10+ W's.

One thing for sure , Dalton is the real deal at QB ..... quite possibly the best QB in this past draft. He doesnt have a whole lot to work with but they keep finding a way to stay afloat.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read