Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-27-2011   #41
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Casey & AJ will practice this week

Quote:
Johnson unsure if he'll play for Texans on Sunday
By JEFFREY MARTIN, Copyright 2011 Houston Chronicle
Updated 11:29 p.m., Wednesday, October 26, 2011

His head coach and position coach both thought Andre Johnson looked fine during practice Wednesday.

Apparently, the Texans' All-Pro wide receiver didn't feel as good as he looked.

Johnson was skeptical when asked whether he'd return Sunday against Jacksonville from a hamstring injury that has sidelined him for the last three games.

"I just went out and did a little bit in practice today to see how I feel," Johnson said. "I wouldn't say I felt great. I didn't feel how I expected I would feel, but I was able to go out and make a few plays. We just keep taking it one day at a time."

Johnson said the problem is that he still encounters "tugging and stuff on my leg" when he runs. Cutting or running routes isn't an issue. Instead, it's a lack of explosion that concerns Johnson. Until that resurfaces, he said, he will not be ready to go.

"If I feel the way I feel today, I probably won't play Sunday, but today is not Sunday," Johnson said. "We still have some days ahead of us that we have to work through."

Head coach Gary Kubiak said the decision would ultimately be left to Johnson.

"It's hard for me just to watch a player practice, so I'll go back and sit down and watch it," Kubiak said. "But I'm going to listen probably more than anything. He looked good running to me. But we've got to see … like he wakes up (Thursday) - how sore is he? Those types of things.

"So I'm going to listen to him, and we've got a long way to go this season, and we need to make sure we do the right thing here. We've got a long week. We'll see what happens."

Looks good to Kirksey

Wide receivers coach Larry Kirksey also liked what he saw from his star pupil, but he sensed Wednesday's practice wasn't perhaps the best gauge.

"He looked good from the standpoint of getting out, moving around," Kirksey said. "We didn't have him do a lot today, but he looked nice and smooth. He wasn't going full speed, but he looked nice being out here."

Sitting at 4-3 and in first place in the AFC South, the Texans can afford to be extra cautious. Johnson admits he's itching to put the pads back on, but the timing - and his body - must be right before he can step into a game.

"Like I said before, you don't want to have any setbacks or anything like that to do anything to hurt your team," Johnson said. "I can't just think about myself. I have to think about my team as well. I'm going to do what's best for the team. I'm not going to do anything stupid."

Vital component

Being back on the practice field was enough to lift his teammates' spirits. Most were looking ahead to when Johnson might be playing again, maybe this Sunday against the Jaguars.

But based on his remarks Wednesday, probably not.

"Andre is the best player in the NFL right now, and so that's always good when you have the best player in the NFL on your team," running back Arian Foster said. "He's going to open it up even more, and he's a weapon that you just can't replace."
As I cautioned previously, the situation noted in the statements below exemplifies exactly the typical course of an athlete who has experienced a complete rupture (in this case surgically transformed from partial to complete) of the small semitendinosis (hamstring) tendon. Its associated prolonged recovery and especially the fear of permanent loss of that elite "extra" explosiveness has dictated the approach of immediate repair of this small tendon, which in non-elite athletes and normal everyday persons would otherwise hardly be missed.

Quote:
Johnson said the problem is that he still encounters "tugging and stuff on my leg" when he runs. Cutting or running routes isn't an issue. Instead, it's a lack of explosion that concerns Johnson. Until that resurfaces, he said, he will not be ready to go.
Keep in mind that the surgical approach taken in AJ's partial semitendinosis tendon partial tear can only be considered an "experiment" and is not substantially supported by the orthopedic literature. No one can confidently predict that this experiment will ultimatelyl play out well for AJ.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011   #42
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18240 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

The jaguars defense looked legit against Joe Flacco. I would say that the Ravens game plan was flawed by having Flacco throw the ball so much and they looked like they came out flat.

That being said, our medical staff has always been speculative. I support even if the player says he is ready to go and our medical staff says he is good to go, I would be cautious and sit the player unless we our playing a game that is the most important in team history or if we are going to be playing our Superbowl.

Our offense is not full of scrubs. We have a good OL, some good TEs(OD), and a guy named Foster that proved last week he can catch a ball. There is no substitute for AJ, but our offense should be able to handle them w/o AJ.
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011   #43
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 40481 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasTom View Post
The Champ still lead all receivers in yards per game.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...S_PER_GAME_AVG
The point is though that his production was down cause he was hurt, and I'd rather see him sit a couple more weeks to make sure he's back to 100% as he can be instead of jacking around and trying to come back against the jaguars.

Look we should be able to beat the jaguars straight up without Andre. No need to risk losing him when we need him later in the year.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011   #44
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 39889 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

AJ is a gamer. If he is ready to go he will go. Look at what he said, ""I just went out and did a little bit in practice today to see how I feel," Johnson said. "I wouldn't say I felt great. I didn't feel how I expected I would feel, but I was able to go out and make a few plays. We just keep taking it one day at a time."

Johnson said the problem is that he still encounters "tugging and stuff on my leg" when he runs. Cutting or running routes isn't an issue. Instead, it's a lack of explosion that concerns Johnson. Until that resurfaces, he said, he will not be ready to go."

He is likely not going to play.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011   #45
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't mind the Texans activating him and putting him into some red zone packages...
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011   #46
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
That being said, the Texans mishandled AJ's ankle last year. He wasn't right for the majority of the year. If they would've bitten the bullet and sat him for 3 weeks instead of 1, he would have been more productive last season. He is a gamer, no doubt, and still put up very good numbers.
While that is arguable. We've also got the way we treated Owen Daniels when he returned from his MCL (I think it was an MCL) that turned into a hamstring... & he missed significant time, even though he was active.

Then you've got Arian earlier this year.

In their defense, I don't know if anyone is doing it any better. These soft tissue issues are very difficult to manage.
Old 10-27-2011   #47
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 9013 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Houston Texans wide receiver Andre Johnson returned to practice Wednesday after missing three straight games with a right hamstring injury, but the receiver wasn't sure if he'll be able to return to game action Sunday against the Jacksonville Jaguars.

"I just went out and did a little bit in practice today to see how I feel," Johnson said Wednesday, according to the Houston Chronicle. "I wouldn't say I felt great. I didn't feel how I expected I would feel, but I was able to go out and make a few plays. We just keep taking it one day at a time."

Still, he said he isn't yet ready to declare himself ready to play.

"If I feel the way I feel today, I probably won't play Sunday, but today is not Sunday," Johnson said, according to the Chronicle. "We still have some days ahead of us that we have to work through."

Coach Gary Kubiak was thrilled to get Johnson back, but remains cautious about his status for Sunday's game against Jacksonville.

"It's a huge step forward," Kubiak said. "It's just good to get him out of working on his own mode and work with the players. I think it's going to be a process this week, but there's obviously a chance (he'll play). It'll be a day-to-day deal."

Kubiak said the team would evaluate Johnson in the coming days to see how his hamstring responds.

"A lot of it with him is him telling me, 'Hey, Kub, I feel fine,' or 'I still feel some tightness there. This, that.' I got to listen to him. He'll let me know," Kubiak said of Johnson's role in the decision. "He's a pro's pro. He'll tell me what's going on."
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/71...nville-jaguars
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-27-2011   #48
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 64171 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
...I'd rather see him sit a couple more weeks to make sure he's back to 100% as he can be instead of jacking around and trying to come back against the jaguars.

Look we should be able to beat the jaguars straight up without Andre. No need to risk losing him when we need him later in the year.
I agree. I think we'll be ok if he sits until the Tampa game.
Old 10-27-2011   #49
TexansBlood
The CUSH!

Section: 140
Rep Power: 8759 TexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Please explain why there is no reason to play him against the Jags.
Because he is not 100%. Is that a good enough reason?
TexansBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011   #50
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 40481 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
AJ is a gamer. If he is ready to go he will go. Look at what he said, ""I just went out and did a little bit in practice today to see how I feel," Johnson said. "I wouldn't say I felt great. I didn't feel how I expected I would feel, but I was able to go out and make a few plays. We just keep taking it one day at a time."

Johnson said the problem is that he still encounters "tugging and stuff on my leg" when he runs. Cutting or running routes isn't an issue. Instead, it's a lack of explosion that concerns Johnson. Until that resurfaces, he said, he will not be ready to go."

He is likely not going to play.
As a player there were times that you wanted to play even when you shouldn't, that's why they have doctors that should have your health/career as a priority not your catches, wins, etc.

I think the Texans could use some improved physicians on their staff, maybe we can get CND the job

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011   #51
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
As I cautioned previously, the situation noted in the statements below exemplifies exactly the typical course of an athlete who has experienced a complete rupture (in this case surgically transformed from partial to complete) of the small semitendinosis (hamstring) tendon. Its associated prolonged recovery and especially the fear of permanent loss of that elite "extra" explosiveness has dictated the approach of immediate repair of this small tendon, which in non-elite athletes and normal everyday persons would otherwise hardly be missed.

Keep in mind that the surgical approach taken in AJ's partial semitendinosis tendon partial tear can only be considered an "experiment" and is not substantially supported by the orthopedic literature. No one can confidently predict that this experiment will ultimatelyl play out well for AJ.
IOW, this "lack of explosion" is a permanent issue? If that is the case, is there any danger in going ahead and putting him out on the field?

Further, is going in and reattaching the detached tendon an option after the season is over?
Old 10-27-2011   #52
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 353155 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansBlood View Post
Because he is not 100%. Is that a good enough reason?
But the question is IF he is 100%, why not play him?

If he's NOT 100%, that's a different question.

If he's 100% and ready to go, he should go. We can use him.

If he's NOT 100% and NOT ready to go, then he should not play. We'll have to find a way to muddle through without him.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011   #53
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79339 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Looks like we'll get him back after the bye.

No sense in playing him against Cleveland if he's not gonna be ready for Jacksoffville.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011   #54
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18240 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
But the question is IF he is 100%, why not play him?

If he's NOT 100%, that's a different question.

If he's 100% and ready to go, he should go. We can use him.

If he's NOT 100% and NOT ready to go, then he should not play. We'll have to find a way to muddle through without him.
To answer your question, if he is 100% and ready to go, why not play him?

1. You cannot completely trust the Texans medical staff
2. You cannot completely trust the player
3. You can win this game w/o him
4. You can wait until after the bye.
5. You need him more in the playoffs than in a game against Jacksonville.
6. You don't risk your superstars at an reinjury. Ask Foster and Kubiak if the New Orleans game would have been different if he had waited to play instead of tweaking his hammy again.

AJ has never been to the playoffs. Why would you risk maybe his best shot playing in the playoffs? Wouldn't it be worst than not being in the playoffs only for him not being in the playoffs and watching his teammates play in the playoffs for a game against a team they should beat with little difficulty?

I don't buy this Jacksonville is a tough team bull. The Ravens lost because they ran the ball 8 times with Ray Rice, and 5 other times with other players. Why trust Flacco with the ball when you have Ray Rice?

The only other team the Jaguars beat this year was the Titans. We shouldn't underestimate them and ready to play, but we got this guy Wade Phillips who is going to give Gabbert fits.

The Texans should, need, and will make it to the playoffs. Once there, we will need AJ at 100% to defeat teams like the Ravens, Steelers, Patriots, etc.
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011   #55
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm to the point that a guy is going to hurt no matter what.

Save him now? Fine. Then he comes back and breaks his hand later down the road. Whether it happens at home, on the road, in the reg season, in the playoffs, falling down the stairs at the apartment complex, etc., etc. makes no difference. We could also be killed today by a drunk driver swerving and hitting one of us head-on (sorry for the lack of tact here). What happens will happen.

We need to just understand that a guy can't be bubble-wrapped forever. Peyton Manning excluded, I suppose....because I don't know how he stayed on the field for 10+ years like he did. Might have to do with him getting rid of the ball quickly all those years???

Anyways, if AJ feels like he wants to play, he will play unless it's obvious he cannot be a contributor. Even if he's less than 100%, but goes out there and creates a potential decoy for the opposing defense to have to consider, then so be it. I think he had done that before, but the defense figured out that he was not 100% and that he was not going to be targeted by Schaub. Anybody remember that happening? Seems like I do.
Old 10-27-2011   #56
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

jagUars
Browns
@Buccaneers
Bye....

It doesn't make sense to me not to put your best players on the field any game. If there are any questions about his health, I wouldn't put him out there, but we're not talking about a regular hammy... there is no tear that he can reaggravate.

They cut the tendon that attached part of his hamstring to his knee. He may never be 100% because of that, but right now, it is what it is. If this has increased the risk of another injury, I don't think those risks decrease with time, regardless how long he sits out.

So if he's ready to go & I don't have a doctor telling me he shouldn't play, I'm playing him. I may not need him to beat Jacksonville, but I might. I might not need him against Cleveland or Tampa Bay, but I might. & I'd rather get him acclimated to his new abilities now & not wait until later when the margin of error is not so great.
Old 10-27-2011   #57
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13222 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
I've gotta say, I just LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE your sig
Old 10-27-2011   #58
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
IOW, this "lack of explosion" is a permanent issue? If that is the case, is there any danger in going ahead and putting him out on the field?

Further, is going in and reattaching the detached tendon an option after the season is over?
Lack of explosion to a certain extent could be permanent........but likely much less than what he is experiencing now. Reattaching could be performed if the tendon was simply "released"..........more unlikely if the tendon was it was resected (removed) as has been described in at least one paper in the orthopedic literature.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011   #59
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm sure most know by now, but AJ did NOT practice today and will NOT play Sunday. He will begin getting ready for Cleveland.

Per Twitter feed
Old 10-28-2011   #60
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 11734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Anybody got espn insider. Suppopsed to be a rumor about AJ. It may just be saying that he probably wont play this week but I cant read it.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read