Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-24-2011   #21
Dishman
Miss Ya Blue

Rep Power: 7608 Dishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manning had surgery Today

That's too bad. I was real nervous after reading about DM's fibula injury. The Texans medical staff.
Dishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #22
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75010 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

So wait... will he or wont he be back in 4 weeks???
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #23
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
If Gary had not let Manning play as C-N-D suggested and had another MRI done, Manning would probably be be healthy and playing after the Jags game. So it's not all luck.

But no, Gary had to rush Manning out there. God I hope Gary learned his lesson and doesn't rush AJ back.

Thanks for the video C-N-D. It made my shin/ankle twitch. LOL

Looks painful
Gary is not a doctor so this has nothing to do with him and the criticism is kinda unfair. Everybody has a job to do and his job is to coach...it's the trainers/medical staff's job to keep our players healthy, make the correct diagnosis, and come up with the appropriate "recovery plan" when players are hurt/injured. Players have to be "medically cleared" before they can ever return to practice. This isn't Kubiak's job... What it's sounding like is we have a obvious incompetent medical staff.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #24
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11275 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Quin and Nolan (at Safety) I would assume?

I wouldn't mind bringing in a guy like Roy Williams JUST to add as insurance and to use as a mentor to Quin and Nolan. If we make it to playoffs, we need the mentoring for all these weeks leading up to the playoff games.

Safe to say that the additions of Joseph and Manning, along with Wade Phillips at d-coord, has made a world of difference. I was watching the Titans sideline Sunday...saw Frank Bush yelling out instructions to the Titans defenders on the field, and I shuddered a little bit. Yikes. We're improved on many levels.

For what?? To show them how to leave WR's wide open??

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #25
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Rep Power: 21296 Luv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Gary is not a doctor so this has nothing to do with him and the criticism is kinda unfair. Everybody has a job to do and his job is to coach...it's the trainers/medical staff's job to keep our players healthy, make the correct diagnosis, and come up with the appropriate "recovery plan" when players are hurt/injured. Players have to be "medically cleared" before they can ever return to practice. This isn't Kubiak's job... What it's sounding like is we have a obvious incompetent medical staff.
Personally, I've wondered about that very fact for a number of years now.

Special Thanks to False Start for the awesome sig! U Rock!
Luv_ya_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #26
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 18132 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv_ya_blue View Post
Personally, I've wondered about that very fact for a number of years now.
You'd think with having the TMC down the street, they'd be better.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #27
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanhead08 View Post
For what?? To show them how to leave WR's wide open??
Yeah, it just reminded me of last year when our guys on defense would yell at each other, make big motions with their arms trying to wave guys over into a better position, guys shrugging shoulders and acting like "What do I do?!?!?"

And then the ball snaps and we get burned. Over and over.

This year? Guys are not only in position, but they are shifting all at once and 90% of the time everybody knows where to go and what to do at the snap.

Watching Frank Bush yell at the Titans defense from the sideline, I had the feeling that those guys out on the field had lost before the game even began.
Old 10-24-2011   #28
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Rep Power: 21296 Luv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
You'd think with having the TMC down the street, they'd be better.
Not just better...the BEST!

Special Thanks to False Start for the awesome sig! U Rock!
Luv_ya_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #29
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
So wait... will he or wont he be back in 4 weeks???
Probably not
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #30
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
I've wondered if Gary puts the Texans medical staff under pressure to let guys play before they are truly healthy?

The Dr.'s probably know better. But like everything else in life it seems like $$$$. trumps everything else in football and the medical treatment. The Dr's work for the team 1st and foremost and will do what's in the best interest of the team over the best interest of the health of the player. (See C-N-D's fears about Mannings bone bruise.)

What the Texans should do is hire somebody like C-N-D to study their opponents IR the week of the game and let them know how they can take advantage of said players injury. (See Fosters right hamstring pull, he wont be making sharp cuts on it etc....) It could be a very useful tool and help the Texans make 1/2 plays a game that could be the difference in making the playoffs or not.

C-N-D can speak on these subjects much better than i can. But I certianly wouldn't blame him if he avoided this subject like the plague.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #31
Kthx
All Pro

Section: Bar Table
Rep Power: 8621 Kthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respected

Seems like it would sorta be abusing the whole Hippocratic Oath thing to use the knowledge you have as a doctor to tell people where the dagger is going to slide in easiest :P
Kthx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011   #32
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

AJ's blog from Oct 27th

Quote:
Dr. Kenneth First of All American Orthopedic and Sports Medicine Institute joined Mark and John on SportsRadio 610 this morning and discussed the progress of Andre Johnson’s hamstring injury and Daniel Manning’s fractured fibula.

Listen to the entire audio here (the Manning comments start around the 4:00 minute mark).

We've heard plenty about Andre and the persistent 'tugging' in his hamstring so we'll leave that one alone. The Texans need to sit Andre until he feels right and I think they know that. Since we haven't heard much about Manning since his surgery, let's take a closer look at his situation.

Initial reports on Manning were that he would miss at least four weeks, however Dr. First said today that Manning's recovery time could be as long as eight weeks.

"Danieal Manning had a fractured fibula which is the smaller bone (in the lower leg) down by the ankle," said First. "He had not a very complicated fracture but no question a crack in the bone. He had a surgical plate applied to that bone, a small stainless steel plate with several screws in it. That injury, to come back in four weeks would be, I hate to say this guys, incredibly optimistic."

Keep in mind that Dr. First is not affiliated with the Texans and is offering his opinion based on his professional experience in orthopedic surgery and sports medicine.

First said that much of Manning's recovery will involve regaining strength and balance in the ankle.

"This is going to be more in the 6-8 week category in terms of what he has to do on the field," i.e., backpedaling, changing directions, etc., said First. "If you're asking me, I'd be shocked if he was back on the field in four weeks. (That's) asking a bit too much."
http://www.examiner.com/houston-texa...bly-optimistic
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011   #33
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165989 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
AJ's blog from Oct 27th
Initial reports on Manning were that he would miss at least four weeks, however Dr. First said today that Manning's recovery time could be as long as eight weeks.

"Danieal Manning had a fractured fibula which is the smaller bone (in the lower leg) down by the ankle," said First. "He had not a very complicated fracture but no question a crack in the bone. He had a surgical plate applied to that bone, a small stainless steel plate with several screws in it. That injury, to come back in four weeks would be, I hate to say this guys, incredibly optimistic."

Keep in mind that Dr. First is not affiliated with the Texans and is offering his opinion based on his professional experience in orthopedic surgery and sports medicine.

First said that much of Manning's recovery will involve regaining strength and balance in the ankle.

"This is going to be more in the 6-8 week category in terms of what he has to do on the field," i.e., backpedaling, changing directions, etc., said First. "If you're asking me, I'd be shocked if he was back on the field in four weeks. (That's) asking a bit too much."

http://www.examiner.com/houston-texa...bly-optimistic

Thanks for posting this Wolf,

This was the surgery that I posted the video on earlier in this thread as being the most likely procedure that he underwent. Dr. First and I evidently both share a great skepticism concerning the 4 week return, and give the same estimate of 6-8 weeks. That said, the latter would still depend on many things falling into place.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011   #34
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 7520 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

As long as he's good to go when the playoffs start, take time n recover
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011   #35
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaJokaa View Post
As long as he's good to go when the playoffs start, take time n recover
Yep. Same should go for AJ over the next few weeks. If he sits out until after the Bye, I won't mind even though I have him on one of my Fantasy teams...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read