Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-25-2011   #41
paycheck71
All Pro

Rep Power: 25876 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: kinda funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
You know what I thought was "kinda funny"?

This guy.

This reminded me of the guy at the Chargers - Jets game who was posing for a picture with Plaxico's wife in the stands after he scored his 3rd TD. Sadly, I haven't been able to find a picture of it, but it was priceless douchery.

EDIT: Found a video - FF to 2:22 mark.: http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201110...ghts&tab=recap

Last edited by paycheck71; 10-25-2011 at 06:07 PM. Reason: added a link
paycheck71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011   #42
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 213437 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awc713 View Post
im not clammoring for national attention, i jsut think its funny that the broncos dolphins game is the headliner for the week...i know tebow is starting but cmon, the two teams had 1 win combined.

the texans titans game was a huge game for the AFC south, and it wasnt even talked about
The first thing I thought when I was reading this thread was the Tebow hoopla. And you're right. A winless Miami vs. winless Denver game got way more coverage than it deserved thanks to Timmy.

It's overboard. I think he's a nice kid, but I'm starting to root against him just to shut the media up about him. It reminds me of the VY crapola spewed all over Houston for years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
You know what I thought was "kinda funny"?

This guy.

Are they filming Jersey Shore in Nashville now?!
Old 10-25-2011   #43
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7237 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
It reminds me of the VY crapola spewed all over Houston for years.
Bingo!

I was a VY fan and even so I got sick of all the people calling into sports radio with their fantasyland Vince takes.

The Tebow following is eerily reminiscent of the VY phenomenon---an atypical quarterback who confounds the experts by winning games in spite of his shortcomings in mechanics and reading defenses. History repeats.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011   #44
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: kinda funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
Respect comes with true success. Like playoff appearances at the very least.

The Texans haven't done jack squat in ten years.

Until they start making real waves in the post season, I'm not going to fault anyone for overlooking them.

All I saw Monday was Tebow this Tebow that....you knew that was going to happen .....

It did not surprise me. If we keep winning we will eventually. I said this before.....National Media will go with the dramatic wins....like the Miami vs Denver game ....especially with someone like Tebow playing..( I could care less) versus our game...its just the way it is.....

Lets get on a roll ...and win the south....then they cant ignore us........
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011   #45
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39734 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't even want respect. Would rather fly under the radar.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011   #46
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7237 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
I don't even want respect. Would rather fly under the radar.
I'm not exactly disagreeing with you, but I think it's worth considering that championship teams don't fly under the radar. You see them coming and they whip your butt anyway.
Old 10-25-2011   #47
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

My pick??? The Texans over the Tinnbreds..... BIG!!!
Old 10-25-2011   #48
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rush2112mn View Post
All I saw Monday was Tebow this Tebow that....you knew that was going to happen .....

It did not surprise me. If we keep winning we will eventually. I said this before.....National Media will go with the dramatic wins....like the Miami vs Denver game ....especially with someone like Tebow playing..( I could care less) versus our game...its just the way it is.....

Lets get on a roll ...and win the south....then they cant ignore us........
The Texans gave them dramatic wins last year: Jacksonville, Baltimore...
Old 10-25-2011   #49
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39734 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
I'm not exactly disagreeing with you, but I think it's worth considering that championship teams don't fly under the radar. You see them coming and they whip your butt anyway.
I'd say the Packers flew under the radar last year, considering they only got in because the Giants are stupid and half their team was injured. I'd also say the Mavericks flew under the radar last year, considering they played the defending ***** Lakers, then the upstart Sonics, then the holy grail Heat and caught everyone by surprised because, for some reason, nobody knows who Dirk Nowitzki is.

And no, I'm not comparing this team to the Packers or Mavericks.. Just saying that championship teams don't always fly on the radar and whoop you anyway.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011   #50
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Just saying that championship teams don't always fly on the radar and whoop you anyway.
No. Not always.

But the Packers the season before they won it all were 11-5.

The Mavericks the season before they won it all won 57 games.

The Steelers, year in and year out, are championship quality.

The Colts, year in and year out, are championship quality. (this season being the exception, obviously)

The Patriots, year in and year out, are championship quality.

The only team that recently truly sneaked up on people and won it all was the New Orleans Saints. They had only gone .500 the year before. But, even so, they won 13 games that season---so how much is that sneaking?

Again, I understand the thinking and I don't altogether disagree with it. But, all things being equal, I'd prefer to be rooting for the team that everyone knows is championship quality, sneaks up on nobody, and yet holds a clinic every Sunday.

Last edited by TexansFanatic; 10-26-2011 at 12:11 AM.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read