Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-24-2011   #1
awc713
Rookie

Rep Power: 247 awc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default kinda funny

how the natl media doesn't give any credit or news to the texans beating down the titans to take over 1st in the division.

i think its funny just bc, if the texans did lose this game, they'd be all over this game. yet we dont hear anything bc we won. we didn't even rank in peter kings top 15 teams.

its also kinda funny because literally every espn analyst chose tenn. to win
awc713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #2
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 275769 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: kinda funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by awc713 View Post
More like five for the Tacks and five for the Texans - Link.
Old 10-24-2011   #3
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Who cares, really?

We've been mentioned a lot in the past 3 years as a potential playoff contender. Only to piss it away by mid-season.

As a Texans fan, if you're clammoring for "National attention" after the crap we've seen the past couple years then you're just being an attention whore

No offense to the OP
Old 10-24-2011   #4
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200878 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I've always thought that the media "bias" was really just because we Texans fans are touchy and over-sensitive.

But a friend of mine who lives in LA has decided to root for the Texans this season. (He grew up in Houston but was never an Oiler fan. He moved away from Houston back in the mid-80's and when his sister moved to St. Louis, he became a bit of a Rams fan. But although he likes footbal, he's not hardcore about it.) And he's been going NUTS about how hard it is to see highlights and good press about the Texans.

He's more pissed off about it than I am.

He said he was watching the news last night and they showed highlights from some games and then they went to the scoreboard showing the "other" games... and they forgot to even include the Texans. They just mentioned the score in passing. 41-7. No highlights, no score.

He was ticked off.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #5
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Respect comes with true success. Like playoff appearances at the very least.

The Texans haven't done jack squat in ten years.

Until they start making real waves in the post season, I'm not going to fault anyone for overlooking them.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #6
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Good lets stay under the radar has long has possible
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #7
awc713
Rookie

Rep Power: 247 awc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respected

im not clammoring for national attention, i jsut think its funny that the broncos dolphins game is the headliner for the week...i know tebow is starting but cmon, the two teams had 1 win combined.

the texans titans game was a huge game for the AFC south, and it wasnt even talked about
awc713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-24-2011   #8
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
how the natl media doesn't give any credit or news to the texans beating down the titans to take over 1st in the division.

i think its funny just bc, if the texans did lose this game, they'd be all over this game. yet we dont hear anything bc we won. we didn't even rank in peter kings top 15 teams.

I forgot what show I was watching. One of the "analyst" said, "we'll talk Texans & Titans when we get back."

The other "analyst" said, "Do we have to?"

Nobody wants to talk about us, win or lose. Had we lost a third in a row, yeah they'd have talked about us, a little.

Let's get to the AFC Championship game & make some noise, they'll talk about us then.
Old 10-24-2011   #9
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

We'll earn their respect. I'm happy, that's all that matters.

**** them and **** the news.
Old 10-24-2011   #10
paycheck71
All Pro

Rep Power: 28606 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Who cares what talking heads on either coast think? Why is it so important to have their respect? I just care about the Texans winning games...
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #11
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I've always thought that the media "bias" was really just because we Texans fans are touchy and over-sensitive.

But a friend of mine who lives in LA has decided to root for the Texans this season. (He grew up in Houston but was never an Oiler fan. He moved away from Houston back in the mid-80's and when his sister moved to St. Louis, he became a bit of a Rams fan. But although he likes footbal, he's not hardcore about it.) And he's been going NUTS about how hard it is to see highlights and good press about the Texans.

He said he was watching the news last night and they showed highlights from some games and then they went to the scoreboard showing the "other" games... and they forgot to even include the Texans. They just mentioned the score in passing. 41-7. No highlights, no score.

He was ticked off.

I have been to tons of sports stores in LA to find Texans stuff and none of them have it.

It is not like they only carry a few teams either, basically every other team.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #12
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
I have been to tons of sports stores in LA to find Texans stuff and none of them have it.

It is not like they only carry a few teams either, basically every other team.
The Texans gear is selling too fast! They can't keep it in stock!
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #13
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6870 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

Anybody else tired of hearing about Tebow. I agree if the Texans continue to win we will get our time, but really does it matter?
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #14
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

He was ticked off.
We can't even get highlights here in Austin. Thank goodness they are showing the games and have been pretty steadily the last few seasons.

I was starved for any Texans related news for years, that's how I found this MB. They don't even show Texans Huddle here. When I go visit my mom I am in heaven with actual sports segments covering the Texans on the nightly news.

It's a little better here now but not by much.
Old 10-24-2011   #15
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 2577 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

were 4-3 and beat a middle of the pack titans squad. nothing special.
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #16
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 275769 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetexanator View Post
were 4-3 and beat a middle of the pack titans squad. nothing special.
Last I checked "leading your division" involved the word leading. Usually leading isn't defined by "nothing special."
Old 10-24-2011   #17
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200878 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Last I checked "leading your division" involved the word leading. Usually leading isn't defined by "nothing special."
Well... unless you're last year's Seahawks.

OTOH, they did win a playoff game...
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #18
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 101383 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Who cares, really?

We've been mentioned a lot in the past 3 years as a potential playoff contender. Only to piss it away by mid-season.

As a Texans fan, if you're clammoring for "National attention" after the crap we've seen the past couple years then you're just being an attention whore

No offense to the OP
Like we care about the national media... If we can continue to win, that's all I care about because you're right... The crap over the last "several" years, no one should consider the Texans anything but what they've been.... Mediocre.

Take care of business against JAX and Cleveland, go into Tampa and win that... The Texans will gain some national attention.

I hope that's not too harsh, I may get negative repped again from Scooter.
Old 10-24-2011   #19
TheDream34
Veteran

Rep Power: 557 TheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yea I find it funny that Peter king ranked the cowboys in the top 15 but we were not even ranked, what a ****ing tool.
TheDream34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #20
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52329 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

He was ticked off.
Well, people in LA are ****ing stupid, so that shouldn't be taken as a very accurate representation of things.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read