Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-24-2011   #21
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Not good enough!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
One of those plays was a 4th and 1. Foster kept stringing the play out to the sideline and he had any number of chances to just cut up field for a single yard and wound up getting stuffed behind the line.

Almost seemed like a case of being overconfident and not just taking the sure thing.

I thought that too. It's like they had so much success that on the rare occasions when there wasn't much there neither one of them seemed to want to accept it and just take what was available.
Old 10-24-2011   #22
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by axman40 View Post
No more Vickers until he learns how to block.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
Or catch...

Or run....
Old 10-24-2011   #23
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I thought that too. It's like they had so much success that on the rare occasions when there wasn't much there neither one of them seemed to want to accept it and just take what was available.
Bingo.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #24
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
He made good decisions for the most part .... tho he did let one bounce I thought he should have fair caught that went out of bounds at the 5.

I didnt much like him running backwards on that one return either ... Jones has a tendancy to do that as well. Make positive yards please!!.
My criticism was going to be punt return coverage. The Titans punted I believe 7 times, and I'm pretty sure Holliday only tried to return one (or was that one on a kickoff?). Every time he would catch the ball a Titan would be there waiting to hug him. On 7 tries, that just isn't acceptable.
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #25
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 251410 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd like to point out that

1) we did not score on every offensive possession -- UNACCEPTABLE.
2) we did not totally shut them out and even allowed a few first downs -- UNACCEPTABLE
3) we had two attempts at a first down from short yardage and we did not convert -- UNACCEPTABLE

Just sayin.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #26
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I'd like to point out that

1) we did not score on every offensive possession -- UNACCEPTABLE.
2) we did not totally shut them out and even allowed a few first downs -- UNACCEPTABLE
3) we had two attempts at a first down from short yardage and we did not convert -- UNACCEPTABLE

Just sayin.
Definitely one of the things we need to work on, is our 4th down offense. Sooner or later, we're going to need to make those to win. If we can't do it against a team we're drubbing, we're not going to be able to do it against a play-off team.
Old 10-24-2011   #27
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 9715 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd scream at all the injured players that they aren't healing fast enough.
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-24-2011   #28
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 84986 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Especially while the outcome was still in doubt (which granted, didn't go much past halftime), there wasn't nearly as much pressure on Hasselbeck as they've been putting on most QB's so far this season.

That's not gonna cut it if that happens too many more times.
Old 10-24-2011   #29
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 118533 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
Agreed!!!!

Also, the only thing I would bring up is letting that garbage TD happen when it was 4th and Goal for Possum Hollar from whatever yard line. Want to say it was near the 10.

Would love to have had the shut out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
Yeah, that pis*ed me of too, lol. It was on 4th and 6, and that made it a lot worse for me. I wanted the shutout BAD!
That one is on the coaches...Keo had no business out there.
Old 10-24-2011   #30
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 84986 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
I'd scream at all the injured players that they aren't healing fast enough.

That will not foster a healing environment!
Old 10-24-2011   #31
80tothezone
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5079 80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected

they scored ....they shouldn't have scored
Old 10-24-2011   #32
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 181073 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCD View Post
My criticism was going to be punt return coverage. The Titans punted I believe 7 times, and I'm pretty sure Holliday only tried to return one (or was that one on a kickoff?). Every time he would catch the ball a Titan would be there waiting to hug him. On 7 tries, that just isn't acceptable.
Their punter did a real good job of hanging them up high giving the coverage team time to get down there .... Sometimes you just gotta credit the other guy.

The one return attempt was of a punt .... I believe the last one of the day.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #33
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 33323 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Their punter did a real good job of hanging them up high giving the coverage team time to get down there .... Sometimes you just gotta credit the other guy.

The one return attempt was of a punt .... I believe the last one of the day.
Doesn't it bother you that every time we return a punt, there's always a flag for a "block in the back?" And if we don't get a flag, there's absolutely no blocking.
Old 10-24-2011   #34
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 40576 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
One of those plays was a 4th and 1. Foster kept stringing the play out to the sideline and he had any number of chances to just cut up field for a single yard and wound up getting stuffed behind the line.

Almost seemed like a case of being overconfident and not just taking the sure thing.
I thought it was all a bad play call.

Seldom (I almost want to say never), do the Texans run off-guard on 4th & 1, unless you call a QB sneak. The ZBS is great and hard to defend in our system, but when it's time to just line up and punch it in, it can be a little weak.

If the team knows you're going to run on them (and they did), then that's when you put Ben Tate in the game and have him slam it in off-guard, instead of waiting for a big hole to open up along the line, when all you needed was a crease.

If Vickers didn't suck so bad I would have applauded the Vickers carry - because at least it was in the right spirit. At least the philosophy was spot on.
EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #35
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14869 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Pass Rush needs to be MUCH better. I know we are missing Mario but we're going to have to get someone else in on the action, maybe try Watt more outside? I dunno, but with that pass rush from yesterday we aren't going to beat the good teams.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #36
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLVIST View Post
I thought it was all a bad play call.
You certainly have solid ground to stand on there considering the play failed.

But I saw a play that would have been successful in gaining a yard (which was all that was required) if the running back had simply taken what was available to him rather than trying to make more out of it than he needed to.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #37
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101315 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'm sure you've heard about coaches that would tear into their team after a win. You'd have thought they lost the game. Supposedly this builds character & prevents the team from being satisfied with anything but perfection.

Like Parcells says, "Don't let good enough be good enough."

So let's say you're the coach. What would you be "upset" about?
Not scoring 50 points
Old 10-24-2011   #38
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 329529 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
Pass Rush needs to be MUCH better. I know we are missing Mario but we're going to have to get someone else in on the action, maybe try Watt more outside? I dunno, but with that pass rush from yesterday we aren't going to beat the good teams.
They are #4 in the league two sacks back from the three teams tied for 1st with 21 sacks.
Old 10-24-2011   #39
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14869 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
They are #4 in the league two sacks back from the three teams tied for 1st with 21 sacks.
I know that, they've been great most of the year rushing the passer but this game they were not.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #40
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 51245 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

You're 4-3, only have a half game lead, and 5-7 is still lurking out there somewhere. No more pajama parties and sprinkles on your ice cream you bunch of Nancy's. Get out there and play some real football you whining, sniffling bunch of jackwagons!!!

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read