Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-24-2011   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264424 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Not good enough!!

I'm sure you've heard about coaches that would tear into their team after a win. You'd have thought they lost the game. Supposedly this builds character & prevents the team from being satisfied with anything but perfection.

Like Parcells says, "Don't let good enough be good enough."

So let's say you're the coach. What would you be "upset" about?
Old 10-24-2011   #2
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Not good enough!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'm sure you've heard about coaches that would tear into their team after a win. You'd have thought they lost the game. Supposedly this builds character & prevents the team from being satisfied with anything but perfection.

Is this a trick to get me negative repped by Matrix?
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #3
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Our return game..... We need to figure out a way to get the opposing kickers to not kick it through the end zone. I mean seriously, what's up with that? Its only fair they give us a chance right?
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #4
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 36043 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Nothing. It was as perfect as apple trees and honey bees and snow white turtle doves.

There. Is that better?
Old 10-24-2011   #5
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68808 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
Is this a trick to get me negative repped by Matrix?
Hahaha. That was pretty good.

....a few things to be concerned about. Nothing to truly "rip" players for. We got into a bit of a pattern of encroachments. A little undisciplined play. Have to shore that up.

Schaub sailed some passes, but that's definitely on him. I'm sure the coaches have told his ass to settle down a bit.

Have to close out pressure a bit better. We rushed nicely but didn't always "get to" Hasselbeck. He's a smart QB though, gets rid of the ball relatively quickly. Gotta get better in that regard.

Kareem Jackson needs to be benched for good. I really don't know what to do with him. Keo was also pretty bad, despite that hit. McCain was also bad, despite the INT.

Return game could definitely be better. Don't know what our average field position has been so far but I assume it can be better. Not worse than last year though, which is good at least.

I guess it's just mainly secondary to worry about. Luckily we face Gabbert and McCoy the next couple of games, and neither them are very good at all.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #6
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Hahaha. That was pretty good.

....a few things to be concerned about. Nothing to truly "rip" players for. We got into a bit of a pattern of encroachments. A little undisciplined play. Have to shore that up.

Schaub sailed some passes, but that's definitely on him. I'm sure the coaches have told his ass to settle down a bit.

Have to close out pressure a bit better. We rushed nicely but didn't always "get to" Hasselbeck. He's a smart QB though, gets rid of the ball relatively quickly. Gotta get better in that regard.

Kareem Jackson needs to be benched for good. I really don't know what to do with him. Keo was also pretty bad, despite that hit. McCain was also bad, despite the INT.

I guess it's just mainly secondary to worry about. Luckily we face Gabbert and McCoy the next couple of games, and neither them are very good at all.
That's it. I'm downdinging your ass.

Old 10-24-2011   #7
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 267781 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe the only thing I wasn't pleased with (once the initial series jitters went away) was that a couple of times late in the game Foster & Tate both needed to just turn it up field and punch it through. Instead they both got strung along to the sideline and either lost yardage or barely got back to the line of scrimmage. This was like two, maybe three plays at the most and I only noticed it because it stood out so glaringly amidst all the success we were having. I thought "Harris needs to pull Tate aside after that run and say "Stop dancing around and turn it up-field. You're not a dancer, you're a hammer!".

But it was trivial really. 2-3 plays out of the entire day.
Old 10-24-2011   #8
Kthx
All Pro

Section: Bar Table
Rep Power: 8622 Kthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respected

I think that was time management coaching and conservative play calling and not so much Tate/Foster/Ward purposefully running to the sides. Especially since we were gashing the center of their line all game.
Kthx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #9
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Maybe the only thing I wasn't pleased with (once the initial series jitters went away) was that a couple of times late in the game Foster & Tate both needed to just turn it up field and punch it through. Instead they both got strung along to the sideline and either lost yardage or barely got back to the line of scrimmage. This was like two, maybe three plays at the most and I only noticed it because it stood out so glaringly amidst all the success we were having. I thought "Harris needs to pull Tate aside after that run and say "Stop dancing around and turn it up-field. You're not a dancer, you're a hammer!".

But it was trivial really. 2-3 plays out of the entire day.
One of those plays was a 4th and 1. Foster kept stringing the play out to the sideline and he had any number of chances to just cut up field for a single yard and wound up getting stuffed behind the line.

Almost seemed like a case of being overconfident and not just taking the sure thing.
Old 10-24-2011   #10
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 64539 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Kareem Jackson needs to be benched for good.
Agreed!!!!

Also, the only thing I would bring up is letting that garbage TD happen when it was 4th and Goal for Possum Hollar from whatever yard line. Want to say it was near the 10.

Would love to have had the shut out.

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #11
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36873 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

No more Vickers until he learns how to block.
Old 10-24-2011   #12
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 287939 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

The only complaint I have is we didn't really get to see Holliday do anything. But, at least he always cought the ball. Unlike that other guy. LOL

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #13
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Quit getting hurt ?! please ?!!!!

I think if anything , I'd be bitching about the penalties early in the game .... two three and outs to start the game. After that .... it was all peaches and cream.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #14
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
The only complaint I have is we didn't really get to see Holliday do anything. But, at least he always cought the ball. Unlike that other guy. LOL
He made good decisions for the most part .... tho he did let one bounce I thought he should have fair caught that went out of bounds at the 5.

I didnt much like him running backwards on that one return either ... Jones has a tendancy to do that as well. Make positive yards please!!.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #15
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Too many penalties!!
Old 10-24-2011   #16
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

We didn't kill anybody!

We're a buncha wimps!

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #17
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 88409 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
Agreed!!!!

Also, the only thing I would bring up is letting that garbage TD happen when it was 4th and Goal for Possum Hollar from whatever yard line. Want to say it was near the 10.

Would love to have had the shut out.

Yeah, that pis*ed me of too, lol. It was on 4th and 6, and that made it a lot worse for me. I wanted the shutout BAD!

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #18
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 130706 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Our DB's need serious upgrading, except for JoJo and Manning, we need all new players.

From starters to backup we could use a minimum of 4 new guys back there.
Old 10-24-2011   #19
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by axman40 View Post
Or catch...
Old 10-24-2011   #20
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 130706 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by axman40 View Post
This too, what a downgrade from Leach or Casey.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read