Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-25-2005   #1
Panther5407
All Pro

Default Time for 2006

So, saw this topic on another board and thought I bring it up for fun. Who are going to be the top prospects for next years draft?

Matt Lienhart (who would have guessed)
dont know some of the names but the T from Virgnia, DE from BC, Rod Wright UT, QB from Bowling Green and I don't really know beyond that.

What about Reggie McNeil? He showed great improment last year and if he can do the same this year with his new toys (6'7"' bennet) I think he could be like the years Jason Cambell. Where do you think he is going to go?
Old 04-25-2005   #2
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not even a USC fan, but this list is impressive:

QB Matt Leinart
RB Reggie Bush
RB LenDale White
WR Steve Smith
TE Dominique Byrd
OT Winston Justice
OG Deuce Lutui
DT Manny Wright
DE Frostee Rucker
CB Justin Wyatt
SS Darnell Bing

All of them are eligible for the draft next year...They've gotta be the favorites to win it all...
D-ReK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005   #3
texansfan88
All Pro

UT will have right around 8-9 draft picks next year as well

1st Rounders
Michael Huff
Aaron Harris
Jonathan Scott
Rodrique Wright

1st Day
Cedric Griffin
David Thomas

2nd Day
Will Allen
Richmond McGee

Not to mention if Young leaves after this season
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005   #4
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

the 06 draft is shaping up to be real deep...you also have to add the name of ahmad brooks...probably the most gifted linebacker since ray lewis...he almost came out this year and will most definetly come out next year
Old 04-25-2005   #5
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Eric winston and Dbrickshaw Ferguson both are LT and were rated much higher than alex barron
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005   #6
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

I cant wait to see what ahmad brooks can do in the nfl hopfuly as a texan
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005   #7
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's a list of players I've got my eye on for next year (not necessarily who I think we'll be drafting, just who I'll be watching during the college football season, I'll only list juniors and seniors):

QBs
Matt Leinart, USC
Charlie Whitehurst, Clemson
Reggie McNeal, A&M
Vincent Young, UT
Chris Leak, Florida
Omar Jacobs, Bowling Green

RBs
DeAngelo Williams, Memphis
Leon Washington, FSU
Reggie Bush, USC
LenDale White, USC
Laurence Maroney, Minnesota

WRs
Martin Nance, Miami (OH)
Derek Hagan, ASU
Maurice Stovall, Notre Dame (should have a good season under Weis)
Santonio Holmes, Ohio State
Steve Smith, USC
Ryan Moore, Miami (FL)

TEs
Mercedes Lewis, UCLA
Tim Day, Oregon
Matt Herian, Nebraska
Dominique Byrd, USC
Leonard Pope, Georgia
Anthony Fasano, Notre Dame

OTs
D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Virginia
Winston Justice, USC
Eric Winston, Miami (FL)
Jon Scott, UT
Marcus McNeill, Auburn
Andrew Whitworth, LSU
Justin Blalock, UT
Ryan Harris, Notre Dame

OGs
Max Jean-Giles, Georgia
Davin Joseph, Oklahoma
Arron Sears, the other UT

OCs
Donovan Raiola, Wisconsin
Greg Eslinger, Minnesota

DEs
Mathias "Kiwi" Kiwanuka, Boston College
Frostee Rucker, USC
Eric Henderson, Georgia Tech
Mario Williams, NC State
Victor Abiamiri, Notre Dame
Baraka Atkins, Miami (FL)
Loren Howard, Northwestern (if he can bounce back from injuries)

DTs
Haloti Ngata, Oregon
Rodrique Wright, UT
Manny Wright, USC
Gabe Watson, Michigan
Orien Harris, Miami (FL)

OLBs
Chad Greenway, Iowa
A.J. Hawk, Ohio State
Pierre Woods, Michigan
Terna Nande, Miami (OH)
LaMarr Woodley, Michigan (should see time at DE and OLB, but projects better to OLB in the pros)
Horatio Blades, Pittsburgh (son of Bennie Blades, undersized and may be forced to play safety in the pros)
Kai Parham, Virginia

ILBs
Ahmad Brooks, Virginia (keep your fingers crossed that we can get him)
Abdul Hodge, Iowa
D'Qwell Jackson, Maryland
I think I'm forgetting someone here

CBs
Jimmy Williams, Virginia Tech
Antonio Cromartie, FSU
Will Blackmon, Boston College
Devin Hester, Miami (FL)
Kelly Jennings, Miami (FL)
Cedric Griffin, UT

Safeties
Darnell Bing, USC
Michael Huff, UT
Jason Allen, the other UT
LaRon Landry, LSU

If you have any players to add to the list, feel free to add on...
Sponsored links
Old 04-25-2005   #8
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2075 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

what school does brooks go to again?, i forgot
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005   #9
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Virginia, one of the two major college programs that uses a 3-4...
Old 04-25-2005   #10
Panther5407
All Pro

We need him, I've watched him play and well, we need him on our team.
Old 04-25-2005   #11
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2075 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

yah a remember him being in some mock drafts, before he said he was staying in school
Old 04-25-2005   #12
hot pickle
Canada Eh

I doubt that we will get him next year though, cause it seems like CC comes on these boards and then picks players the fans don't really want.
Old 04-25-2005   #13
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34649 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Won't Aaron Harris, teh LB from the local UT, be an upperclassman next year?

Gerald Hicks, WR from Tech will likely go also
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005   #14
texansfan88
All Pro

just an update on Martin Nance, I talk to him every day about his knee condition...as some of you know, he tore his ACL in the marshall game last year, which probably prevented him from coming out early. He has started running and will be ready to go for the season opener, so hopefully he can have a great season under his belt again just like he had soph. year with Ben Roethlisberger

The reason Mathias Kiwanuka didn't come out this season is b/c he received a mid to late 1st round grade from the NFL pettition committee made up of Personnel directors. If he would have been top 15, he would have left.

Deangelo Williams didn't leave b/c of a leg injury he sustained in the bowl game. He was really considering it but will be a top 10 pick this upcoming year as he is the most well rounded back in the class.

Terna Nande is another Miami (OH) guy i'm high on. very talented and very strong. May end up being the top of his class at his position when all is said and done
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005   #15
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan88
just an update on Martin Nance, I talk to him every day about his knee condition...as some of you know, he tore his ACL in the marshall game last year, which probably prevented him from coming out early. He has started running and will be ready to go for the season opener, so hopefully he can have a great season under his belt again just like he had soph. year with Ben Roethlisberger

The reason Mathias Kiwanuka didn't come out this season is b/c he received a mid to late 1st round grade from the NFL pettition committee made up of Personnel directors. If he would have been top 15, he would have left.
Thanks for the update on Nance...Before he tore his ACL, I was dreaming of an AJ and Nance duo here...I think they'd compliment each other nicely...Hopefully he can bounce back from his injury and have a good showing next year...

Barring injury, Kiwi should easily be a top 15 pick next year...He needs to show he can stop the run a little better, but he has a lot of Freeney in him...I would love to have a player with his size and speed coming off the edge...
Old 04-25-2005   #16
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunta23
I doubt that we will get him next year though, cause it seems like CC comes on these boards and then picks players the fans don't really want.
HMMM, maybe that's true, DUNTA23. Off topic, where did you come up with that name? DUNTA23... rings a bell, but I can't place it...
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005   #17
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunta23
You mean like when he picked Dunta Robinson? Yeah that sucked didn't it.
Old 04-25-2005   #18
gwallaia

Rep Power: 84150 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder if Reggie McNeal will play something besides quarterback in the NFL?

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005   #19
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia
I wonder if Reggie McNeal will play something besides quarterback in the NFL?
I think he has the ability to play QB in the NFL. I don't really see him playing as a WR or any position like that, but you never know.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005   #20
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Quote:
You mean like when he picked Dunta Robinson? Yeah that sucked didn't it.
That was a good pick, but can any of you say that you wanted the texans to pick him?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read