Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-24-2011   #1
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Wade's D

I am impressed. We all knew Wade has been excellent DC and all but, changing scheme from 4-3 to 3-4 and adding some talents from draft and FA, we now have a very good D. Due to holdout, Wade didn't have much time to work with our players. Amazing to see how much our D improved in a such short time.

In Wade we trust!!!

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #2
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68808 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wade's D

Without Mario too.

I had all the confidence in the world.

Get this guy another piece or two for the secondary and it's all over.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #3
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 241723 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

While I love the new & improved D, I'll be even more impressed if they shut down MJD next week and Peyton Hillis the following week. So far this season, CJ-no-K is just a shell of what he once was.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #4
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
While I love the new & improved D, I'll be even more impressed if they shut down MJD next week and Peyton Hillis the following week. So far this season, CJ-no-K is just a shell of what he once was.
the D has shut down ray rice, dmac (even reggie bush! ) in the run game so i dont think it'll be a prob esp with jax on a short week and likely physical defeat v the ravens. i like our chances of making gabbert/mccoy beat us
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #5
euro-Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1542 euro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, but it's a shame Ryans doesn't fit into it.
Old 10-24-2011   #6
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 76755 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro-Texan View Post
I wouldn' say that just yet. I think the elbow injury is worse then what is being reported.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #7
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
I wouldn' say that just yet. I think the elbow injury is worse then what is being reported.
The elbow plus he's still recovering from the Achilles.

Old 10-24-2011   #8
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 241723 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
the D has shut down ray rice, dmac (even reggie bush! ) in the run game so i dont think it'll be a prob esp with jax on a short week and likely physical defeat v the ravens. i like our chances of making gabbert/mccoy beat us
better check the game stats again. R.Rice racked up 101 yds on 23 carries - that's right at 4.4 yds per. Rice basically iced the game with his 4th qtr running and set up Rickity Williams' game-clinching TD. I don't consider that being shut down.

Add to that the fact MJD has always been a thorn in our side. I hope Wade is cooking up something special to keep "pocket Hercules" in check.
Old 10-24-2011   #9
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 76755 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I hope Wade is cooking up something special to keep "pocket Hercules" in check.
He is, I think his name is Cushing.

I just checked NFL.com and the Texans D is ranked 7th. Usually I have to scroll all the way to the bottom to find the Texans.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #10
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Quote:
I think his surgically repaired achilles has more to do with his drop off in performance than that elbow. Seems to me that he can't go from sideline to sideline as effectively as he used to. IMO, he's still a tackling machine but his range isn't what it was pre-injury.
Old 10-24-2011   #11
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
His injury last season was known to be the type that would take a long-recovery, likely we'd be talking about a multi-season recovery period. Perhaps we should be thankful he's just back this year ? But it's probably gonna be 2012 before we can hope to see a full-recovery ?
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #12
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 36043 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN View Post
I am impressed. We all knew Wade has been excellent DC and all but, changing scheme from 4-3 to 3-4 and adding some talents from draft and FA, we now have a very good D. Due to holdout, Wade didn't have much time to work with our players. Amazing to see how much our D improved in a such short time.

In Wade we trust!!!

Go Texans!!!
There has been a lot of consternation and wasted bits the last few years discussing the problems of switching from a 4-3 to a 3-4. It was theorized that such a drastic change would set the team back 2-3 years. It turns out that hiring a good coach eliminates this theoretical setback and even trumps the abbreviated training camp. It seems changing away from failure works.
Old 10-24-2011   #13
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8759 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
better check the game stats again. R.Rice racked up 101 yds on 23 carries - that's right at 4.4 yds per. Rice basically iced the game with his 4th qtr running and set up Rickity Williams' game-clinching TD. I don't consider that being shut down.

Add to that the fact MJD has always been a thorn in our side. I hope Wade is cooking up something special to keep "pocket Hercules" in check.
Ok. But if Ray Rice is the only guy who has a decent game against your D, when they had a lead and the defense was on the field way too much, your run D is doing an OK job. Rice was at around 3.3 YPC before that last drrive. That's competant run D.
Old 10-24-2011   #14
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
There has been a lot of consternation and wasted bits the last few years discussing the problems of switching from a 4-3 to a 3-4. It was theorized that such a drastic change would set the team back 2-3 years. It turns out that hiring a good coach eliminates this theoretical setback and even trumps the abbreviated training camp. It seems changing away from failure works.
Indeed.

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #15
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Wow, remember all the questions we had before the season started?

Demeco, Connor how would they come back after season ending injury

Mario, Glover, Connor, changing position.

Who is going to be our CB2?

How long will it take Danieal Manning & JJoseph to gell?

How's Cushing going to do in the middle? Why don't we leave him on the outside?

& a bunch of others I can't remember.

We're 5th in scoring defense (pts per game)

We've allowed 5 rushing TDs in 7 games. 8 passing touchdowns in 7 games. Only 6 teams allow less Ypg.... & they're still learning the system.

I never thought they'd look this good this early (our schedule doesn't hurt & it gets easier from here out).
Old 10-24-2011   #16
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16635 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

i love it image what it will be like next year with a full offseason and new draft class and fa how good it will be next year
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #17
Porky
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 61481 Porky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respected

You mean hiring comeptent staff that knows what they are doing makes a difference? Gee, why didn't someone tell us that sooner?

Signed,

Bob McNair, Rick Smith, and Gary Kubiak
Old 10-24-2011   #18
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 209048 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
The elbow plus he's still recovering from the Achilles.
Lots of fans look simply at the stat lines and see he doesnt have tackles .... he has other responsibilities in this scheme , they take him away from the LOS in coverage quite often.

Look at the lack of production in the passing game from the Tit's backs and TE's yesterday , much of which is the responsibility of Ryans. He might not show up in the stat sheet ..... But he's doing his job.

Everyone has their job to do .... The stark contrast is Cushing who is being asked to rush the passer and play downhill .... thus he puts up stats that suggest he's playing out of his mind (and he is).

Look at the production of the unit , not the individual in the case of Ryans.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #19
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 209048 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Wow, remember all the questions we had before the season started?

Demeco, Connor how would they come back after season ending injury

Mario, Glover, Connor, changing position.

Who is going to be our CB2?

How long will it take Danieal Manning & JJoseph to gell?

How's Cushing going to do in the middle? Why don't we leave him on the outside?

& a bunch of others I can't remember.

We're 5th in scoring defense (pts per game)

We've allowed 5 rushing TDs in 7 games. 8 passing touchdowns in 7 games. Only 6 teams allow less Ypg.... & they're still learning the system.

I never thought they'd look this good this early (our schedule doesn't hurt & it gets easier from here out).
MW was getting it done before his injury ..... He looked great. I dont think there was a guy in the NFL who was more productive defensively.

Barwin was just making plays .... and still is. He wreaked havoc on the Tits yesterday.

Quin has played really well at SS ... not bad for 7 games into a new position at the NFL level.

Manning and J Jo were money from day one. Sure hope Manning makes it back quickly.

S.Cody has been better than expected in the middle of the 3-4 IMO. Probably the un-sung hero of the DL .... while the rest of them rack up big play after big play.

We still have one of your questions left un-answered , Who's CB2.

Brice McCain has been dam good as the nickle guy .....

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #20
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
i knew he got his 100 yds but i thought i read he still averaged 3.something ypc. mustve been before that big run that eventually iced the game
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read