Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-23-2011   #1
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Do the Texans bring in another DB? if so who?

Best Free Agents Available: defense
per Adam Caplan
Safety
Renaldo Hill
Marlin Jackson
Darren Sharper
Lawyer Milloy
Roy Williams
Eugene Wilson (CB)
Chris Horton
Quintin Demps
Kseen Hamlin
C.C. Brown
Aaron Francisco
Michael Lewis
Macho Harris (CB)
Matt Ware
Pierson Prioleau
Donnie Nickey
Tom Nelson
Tyrone Carter
Pat Watkins
Darcel McBath
Antoine Harris
Chris Reis
Marcus Hudson
Nick Sorensen
Darcel McBath
Jamie Silva
Don Carey
Myron Rolle

Cornerback
Fabian Washington
Randall Gay
Lito Sheppard
Tye Hill
Nate Vasher
Brian Williams
Nathan Jones
Benny Sapp
Eric King
Jonathan Wade
Fred Bennett
Will James
Keiwan Ratliff
Karl Paymah
Trumaine McBride
David Jones
Trevard Lindley
Quincy Butler
Mike Richardson
Coye Francies
Tony Carter
Will Blackmon (KR)
Maurice Leggett
Josh Moore
Brandon Underwood
Robert McClain
Courtney Brown
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #2
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Do the Texans bring in another DB? if so who?

Petey Faggins?
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #3
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 23300 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Darren Sharpa! One of da hardest hittin safeties in da leagueeeeeeee
Old 10-23-2011   #4
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
Is he injured? I was surprised that he was still alailable. 63 career INTs
Old 10-23-2011   #5
XI CMURDER IX
Gig 'em

Rep Power: 1517 XI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
Coming off surgery, old, and wants more money. That is why the Saints didn't resign him, I think....
XI CMURDER IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #6
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 115041 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Macho Harris

C'mon!! The jokes write themselves.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #7
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 17572 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

CC Brown
Old 10-23-2011   #8
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Nah, I think we are good with Keo.

Old 10-23-2011   #9
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 103631 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

we're not going to IR manning and dont have the money for any named signing.
Old 10-23-2011   #10
srrono
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Nah, I think we are good with Keo.

Shiloh Keo was activated to replace Dominique Barber
lossing Manning opens another Safety spot cant run with just 3.
Old 10-23-2011   #11
The Cush
All Pro

Rep Power: 2778 The Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Shiloh Keo was activated to replace Dominique Barber
lossing Manning opens another Safety spot cant run with just 3.
Not to mention Keo is pretty bad on defense
The Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #12
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 195074 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
Quote:

Sharper is 36 years old and has slowed substantially with age. He was a terrible liability in the run for the Saints..........and, although it doesn't affect safeties and CBs as much as the other D players, he's never played in a 4-3.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #13
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81973 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

If Underwood wasn't a turd, he would be the one I would sign.

He started some for the Packers last yr and played alot in the SB.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #14
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 145918 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Unless I am over looking someone, I'd rather roll with what we have for now.
Old 10-23-2011   #15
The Cush
All Pro

Rep Power: 2778 The Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Unless I am over looking someone, I'd rather roll with what we have for now.
That leaves us with only 3 safeties including Keo. We run a lot of 3 safety packages so if one of them goes down, that could be a problem. Also, Keo will have to play minutes when Quin or Nolan need a breather and I'm not thrilled with that idea. I'm actually just not thrilled with Keo playing at all on defense
The Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #16
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 145918 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cush View Post
That leaves us with only 3 safeties including Keo. We run a lot of 3 safety packages so if one of them goes down, that could be a problem. Also, Keo will have to play minutes when Quin or Nolan need a breather and I'm not thrilled with that idea. I'm actually just not thrilled with Keo playing at all on defense
I expect KJ to start against next team and Jason Allen to return to safety where he has played before. Nolan may have a good practice this week ands get the start also. I'd
like to see what Torri Williams could do in a back up role. He has good size.
Old 10-23-2011   #17
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81973 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I expect KJ to start against next team and Jason Allen to return to safety where he has played before. Nolan may have a good practice this week ands get the start also. I'd
like to see what Torri Williams could do in a back up role. He has good size.
I expect Torri Williams to be called up from the PS. He's big/fast and appears to have potential. I could see Allen playing S if an injury occurs. Hopefully Keo and Williams are ST guys only. They would scare me as the last line of defense.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #18
Txknife
Rookie

Could Mcmanis put in some time at safety in a pinch?

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=34.234378,-84.237517
Txknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #19
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

What happened to Tye Hill? I remember he and Jonathan Joseph were two of the top prospects at DB a few years ago.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #20
mariowillshine15
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2512 mariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
What happened to Tye Hill? I remember he and Jonathan Joseph were two of the top prospects at DB a few years ago.
All speed no coverage
mariowillshine15 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read