Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-23-2011   #1
SteveSlaton20
All Pro

Rep Power: 717 SteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to SteveSlaton20
Default Brice McCain

Needs to start over Kareem Jackson.

Enough said.
Old 10-23-2011   #2
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 36901 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brice McCain

Brice is awesome, but he is a pure slot guy IMO, he is way too small to start....every time he went up against a big wide out he gets manhandled. Allen sucks, but Jackson sucks slightly more I think....I would still love to see Harris start, maybe this week vs Jacksonville would be a great chance for him to showcase his skills.....
Old 10-23-2011   #3
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123665 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Love Brice's speed but he just cannot seem to handle other than slots. I always wanted to see him at free safety.
Old 10-23-2011   #4
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I think Bryce is making the most out of his situation. He had a good rookie season & a ridiculously poor sophomore season. Wade Phillips has shown confidence in him & wrote him in as the nickel corner from day one. & that's over his 2nd round pick.

Which begs to question.. maybe Wade never wanted Brandon Harris & Rick Smith was feeling too good about himself & couldn't help but take him.

With Roc Charmichael going out & Antwaan Molden being cut & Kareem Jackson showing some resistance to coaching (maybe) I'm glad they did pick up another CB.
Old 10-23-2011   #5
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Hell of a pick and run but lets not get crazy over it...

Guy is a good sub package DB but not a starter.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #6
SteveSlaton20
All Pro

Rep Power: 717 SteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Harris' been hurt, I would be more confident over a healthy guy than a guy who was hurt. And McCain might be solely a slot corner, but I'd like to see him get a chance at #2 CB.
Old 10-23-2011   #7
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

McCain was the worst defender on the worst pass defense of all time last year, so I would slow my roll on that one.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-23-2011   #8
Fox
All Pro

Rep Power: 414 Fox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respected

Agree with most of the above. He's been playing good ball as our slot guy, let's not mess with a good thing.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #9
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52329 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

McCain had some pretty awful play before the pick today.

No thanks.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #10
jtexas
Veteran

Rep Power: 966 jtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respected

He also tackles like a girl.
jtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #11
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
McCain had some pretty awful play before the pick today.

No thanks.
He's improved, but that run play with Ringer was pretty bad.
Old 10-23-2011   #12
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 45091 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

speed kills in the NFL. Brice is probably the fastest defensive player on the Texans. if there was some way to transfer that speed to Kareem or vice versa physical size to McCain you would have one heck of a CB.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #13
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
speed kills in the NFL. Brice is probably the fastest defensive player on the Texans. if there was some way to transfer that speed to Kareem or vice versa physical size to McCain you would have one heck of a CB.
As soon as he caught the int I said "td".

I dislike his lack of physicality, but he runs so well. His coverage has been tighter this year too.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #14
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 18132 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
As soon as he caught the int I said "td".

I dislike his lack of physicality, but he runs so well. His coverage has been tighter this year too.
Anyone upset that he went in for the td instead of falling down and giving it back to the offense? I, for one, am quite glad that he went in for it. Was also happy to see Joseph right there with him pumping him up. That's the mentality to have.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #15
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Anyone upset that he went in for the td instead of falling down and giving it back to the offense? I, for one, am quite glad that he went in for it. Was also happy to see Joseph right there with him pumping him up. That's the mentality to have.
I think it was ridiculous that he had to run around so many players.. a couple of Texans at that... JJoseph was the only one who thought to block for him.
Old 10-24-2011   #16
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52329 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I think it was ridiculous that he had to run around so many players.. a couple of Texans at that... JJoseph was the only one who thought to block for him.
Obviously shitty preparation. Falls on the coaching and management of the team.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #17
SteveSlaton20
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
If you wanna crown him, then crown his a**! just because he had a pick six, we're letting him off the hook!
I wanted him to start because he was actually shutting down his WR, something Kareem can't ever do. That pick six help his case, but I like him because he's actually playing well in coverage.

We just need to do something with Kareem. God awful.
Old 10-24-2011   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSlaton20 View Post

We just need to do something with Kareem. God awful.

Love the Sig... I'd rep you if I could.
Old 10-24-2011   #19
Section516 
Warrior

Rep Power: 7822 Section516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...ception-for-TD

For those who want to rewatch
Old 10-24-2011   #20
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
That's hogwash. Joseph didn't do anything but run with him the last 10 yards to the endzone. Nolan threw the only significant block and Keo got in the way of a couple titans.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read