Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 04-25-2005   #1
JfromthaTray
Veteran

Default Maurice Clarette In Two Words...

Lawrence Phillips. I think Clarette will go down in history just like Lawrence Phillips. I believe he will explode at the first sign of adversity and end up in some kind of trouble. Its just a matter of time. They say it takes 3 years to grade draft picks, if Clarette is still in the NFL, I'll be the first to apologize, and I'll buy a Clarette jersey and wear it to a Texans game.
JfromthaTray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005   #2
WildBlackBear32
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JfromthaTray
Lawrence Phillips. I think Clarette will go down in history just like Lawrence Phillips. I believe he will explode at the first sign of adversity and end up in some kind of trouble. Its just a matter of time. They say it takes 3 years to grade draft picks, if Clarette is still in the NFL, I'll be the first to apologize, and I'll buy a Clarette jersey and wear it to a Texans game.
Phillips was a top 5 pcik. Clarett didnt go in the top 100. There arent any similarities between them really.
WildBlackBear32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005   #3
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

well Denver makes every RB look good, so i'm sure we wont hear the end of how "good he is" i wouldnt of traded matt stevens for him.
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005   #4
Youngstown Colt
All Pro

People still want this kid to fail. He's honestly not that bad of a kid, but you don't have to believe me. Just watch him work hard and succeed and in the back of your mind hope he tears his ACL. That's the kind of vibe I get when people talk about him, even in his hometown of youngstown.
Old 04-25-2005   #5
JfromthaTray
Veteran

u r right about that, denver could make me look good.
Old 04-25-2005   #6
JfromthaTray
Veteran

He brought all of it upon himself, suing the NFL, trying to blackball OSU, then he quit at the combine. What are we supposed to think of him? His actions indicate that he's in it for the paycheck. And Yeah, I've seen the interviews where he says all the right things and in the hood we call that the "Gift of Gab". Clarette is from the Hood.
Old 04-25-2005   #7
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Quote:
u r right about that, denver could make me look good.

haha yeah, ur right about that.
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-25-2005   #8
YodAa
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to YodAa

Denver is so lucky how they make any running back look good then they trade them and get better from trading players of a system to actually good players. I.E. Portis-Bailey
Old 04-25-2005   #9
DRIFTAWAY
All Pro

I really hope that he does do well. I feel for the kid somewhat. All that nation-wide bashing, and barely an adult too. Is it his fault he wanted to play football at the same age he could go fight in a war? Is it his fault he was old enough to die in war, but not to play football? I think his slow combine team was a result of him being out of football. If he would have stayed in and put up another freshman type season but still ran that time at the combine, he would have still been considered good in your hands. The kid just wanted to play football, and I really think that not being able created the character problems. Shanahan will shape him up good.
Most Improved- Juwan Howard
DRIFTAWAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005   #10
Youngstown Colt
All Pro

Quote:
Clarette is from the Hood.
What exactly do you know about youngstown? That's a social generalization that you really know nothing about unless you're from where he's from.

I've seen the kid at the gyms working his tail off ever since he was denied entrance to the nfl. Don't you think nationwide embarassment will inspire him to prove people wrong?

High school player of the year, NCAA freshman of the year, and soon to be an impact player in the NFL.
Old 04-25-2005   #11
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTrueFan
well Denver makes every RB look good, so i'm sure we wont hear the end of how "good he is" i wouldnt of traded matt stevens for him.
It's sad that you've already forgotten just how bad Matt Stevens was. I'd trade Matt Stevens for Clarrett in a heartbeat. I'd trade him for the two month old package of Pop tarts in Maurice Clarrett's mom's pantry.
Old 04-25-2005   #12
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
It's sad that you've already forgotten just how bad Matt Stevens was. I'd trade Matt Stevens for Clarrett in a heartbeat. I'd trade him for the two month old package of Pop tarts in Maurice Clarrett's mom's pantry.
That's funny stuff. If we got that trade we'd be on the winning end of it.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005   #13
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Yep, even if the Pop Tarts were broke it would be a steal.
Old 04-25-2005   #14
TexansNeedRBin05
Veteran

Rep Power: 0 TexansNeedRBin05 has been demoted to the practice squad
Send a message via AIM to TexansNeedRBin05 Send a message via MSN to TexansNeedRBin05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
Yep, even if the Pop Tarts were broke it would be a steal.
I dont know we have to give a 3rd round picks is a pretty hard decision! :woot
TexansNeedRBin05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005   #15
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngstown Colt
What exactly do you know about youngstown? That's a social generalization that you really know nothing about unless you're from where he's from.
Lots, and it is ghetto :-P

As for him, he better learn self control YESTERDAY.

When he was a Buckeye, if he was making the play, he was a "leader."

The second he came out, dropped a ball, etc- on the sideline cussing up a storm, taking 2 coaches to calm his pansy little butt down.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005   #16
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Well I wish him well. He's young and sometimes young men or woman make immature decisions without thinking about the consequences. He deserves a second chance. And he has the opportunity to be an NFL player which is what he wanted so we'll see what he does with the opportunity.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005   #17
JfromthaTray
Veteran

WildBlack, do you remember Lawrence Phillips, I'm NOT taking about comparing their draft status
Old 04-26-2005   #18
Davis37
All Pro

As long as Denver can keep him in check, he will look good. Hell, Denver could make my grandpa look good in the backfield.
Old 04-26-2005   #19
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis37
As long as Denver can keep him in check, he will look good. Hell, Denver could make my grandpa look good in the backfield.

Last season I got 1600 yards behind Denver's offensive line and most of the time I wasn't even trying. Hey, I had a hundred yard game on the way to my fridge while watching the Texans/Packers game. Those guys are literally that good. Rent them for your next party, you won't regret it.
Old 04-26-2005   #20
JfromthaTray
Veteran

I thought we should have made a run at Dan Neil since we are trying this zone blocking thing. Maybe his injuries were too much, but coming from Denver, the masters of the zone blocking scheme, he probably could have taught the O- Line coaching staff a thing or 2.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read