Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-24-2011   #21
The Cush
All Pro

Rep Power: 2779 The Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Could we be the Packers of last year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
I was merely referencing the injury bug and trying to shed some kind of positive light on a really crappy part of the season thus far, thats all.
I got what your saying. The amount of injuries have been unbelievable, guys are being taking to the locker room or carted off the field at an alarming rate. I felt bad for the Giants during the preseason when they kept losing guy after guy to season ending injuries but this team seems to be losing a starter for every game we play
The Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #22
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78831 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the lockout really did a number on conditioning. Seems like everybody's freakin' getting injured everywhere.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #23
TheDream34
Veteran

Rep Power: 558 TheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Unless if Matt schaub can magically turn into Aaron Rodgers, the answer is no
TheDream34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #24
KA4Texan
C27A

Rep Power: 5488 KA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDream34 View Post
Unless if Matt schaub can magically turn into Aaron Rodgers, the answer is no
Hey you never know, Rackers thought he was Cushing today.
Old 10-24-2011   #25
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Uhhh................................... no.

Short answer? i don't see any close to an Aaron Rodgers type talent on this roster, & he is what makes that team roll.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #26
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Uhhh................................... no.

Short answer? i don't see any close to an Aaron Rodgers type talent on this roster, & he is what makes that team roll.
Uh, I'm pretty sure that isn't what he was saying. I think he's talking about our ability to win despite our injuries...... next man up & all that.
Old 10-24-2011   #27
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Uh, I'm pretty sure that isn't what he was saying. I think he's talking about our ability to win despite our injuries...... next man up & all that.

still comes back to the transcendent talent that powers that winning though...in which case we have 1 in AJ, but he's nuetralized by the person responsible for getting him the ball. Cut off the head to kill the snake & all that..
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-24-2011   #28
Whostoned Texan
FNG

Rep Power: 0 Whostoned Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedWhostoned Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedWhostoned Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedWhostoned Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedWhostoned Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedWhostoned Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedWhostoned Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedWhostoned Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedWhostoned Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedWhostoned Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedWhostoned Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Nolan Nawrocki, of ProFootballWeekly.com maybe thinking the same as you are..

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...ding_on_schaub
Whostoned Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #29
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74306 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

All I know for sure is that we are not the 2010 Packers or any other team. We are the 2011 Texans....whatever that turns out to be. I don't see us winning a Superbowl this year, just like I don't agree with those who say we will barely win the worst division in the history of sports and then get our skulls cracked in to the tune of 56-0 in our first playoff game. Meh, we'll probably lose on the road to somebody really good by 7, much like the Saints game went....or we might even win one....BUT BEATING UP THE TITANS AND GOING 4-3 DOES NOT PUT US IN A SUPERBOWL. Yeah, it could happen.

Don't hold yer breath...

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #30
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
With all these injuries, geez. I'll take a superbowl win though if thats the end result.
let's like beat a winning team first. I could beat up a 5th grader, but it ain't gonna impress grown men.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #31
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74306 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
let's like beat a winning team first. I could beat up a 5th grader, but it ain't gonna impress grown men.
Speaking of which, I still gotta go hit a ball outta one of those little league parks one day, before I get too old and can't do it again, LOL...

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #32
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
http://www.houstontexans.com/team/game/2011/regular4/
Old 10-24-2011   #33
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
I think it would depend on how bad you whup his ass.

If the kid had a chance... we'll start calling you Kubiak.

Old 10-24-2011   #34
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

But it might impress some TT sunshine posters.
Old 10-24-2011   #35
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 31996 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whostoned Texan View Post
Nolan Nawrocki, of ProFootballWeekly.com maybe thinking the same as you are..

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...ding_on_schaub
wow, my name is Nolan also...scary.
Old 10-24-2011   #36
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
I mean consistently. The worst teams in the league manage to beat a playoff team every year (probably because it's a good league, and nearly half the league gets to the playoffs each year. This team is clearly better than the worst teams in the league...better than the mediocre teams most likely. Better than the elite teams? Not till you start beating them. More wins vs substantial teams = less cynicism.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #37
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

The Kansas City Chiefs went to the playoffs last year with a 10-6 record and by beating only 1 playoff bound team, the 7-9 Seahawks.

The Packers on the other hand, made a wild card spot with an 10-6 record while beating 3 teams that were playoff bound, Philly, NYJ and split with the Bears.

I don't think we're the Packers, but we will benefit greatly from an easy schedule.
Old 10-24-2011   #38
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125033 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
With all these injuries, geez. I'll take a superbowl win though if thats the end result.
You forgot that Gary Kubiak coaches here.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #39
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 375285 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Here we go with overreacting the other way.
As yin and yang go, I'd much rather see this positive overreaction than the negative.

And as reactions go, it's expected after seeing them dominate a hated division rival.

I'd like to see more of this positive overreaction in the next couple of weeks. Heck, I'll even step out and say that 6-3 should be a realistic expectation based on this team and who they are playing. How's that for an overreaction?
Old 10-24-2011   #40
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125033 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
As yin and yang go, I'd much rather see this positive overreaction than the negative.

And as reactions go, it's expected after seeing them dominate a hated division rival.

I'd like to see more of this positive overreaction in the next couple of weeks. Heck, I'll even step out and say that 6-3 should be a realistic expectation based on this team and who they are playing. How's that for an overreaction?
I picked us to beat the Ravens. I was wrong. I also thought we'd beat the Titans, because the Texans do have these games where they play better when people are counting them out completely. It's right after they do that is when they get people excited to let them down again. Well, that's what they've done in the past any way. Looking at the schedule, you're right that it's pretty easy down the stretch, but this is usually where the Texans have had problems and have fallen short when it comes to separating themselves from the the rest of the league as an elite or as one of the good teams. Their schedule looks pretty easy from here on out, but I won't be surprised if they win another game or two and then lose another two in a row that they have in the bag or something. They should be able to win this division with ease though either way.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read